**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No more identity in MCOC.

124»

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Why is this Bar Code Strategy even a strategy? How is it useful?

It prevents players from scouting their AW paths
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    It prevents them from scouting their path accurately. You can still make a lot of close assumptions, but the accuracy drops a lot.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    By “scouting accurately” he means he can’t easily get a list of defenders from another alliance and see where exactly they were placed.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Ok.

So below pic Kabam clearly states that barcode names give unfair advantage to people/team

ical5n8wc796.png

Correct me if I’m wrong but team that placed 1st in season 2 was using this *unfair advantage* for entire season.

Will anything be done about it?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu wrote: »

Rhetorical...I assume.

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Ok.

So below pic Kabam clearly states that barcode names give unfair advantage to people/team

ical5n8wc796.png

Correct me if I’m wrong but team that placed 1st in season 2 was using this *unfair advantage* for entire season.

Nope they weren't flagged before the end of season, its flagged now and to be honest wasn't that hard to figure out who you were fighting.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Ok.

ical5n8wc796.png

No, why would anything be done about it?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Ok.

ical5n8wc796.png

That's like crying for season 1 piloters to be punished after season 2 is already done. In an absolutely fair world sure, but the rule is the rule now and I'm glad Kabam is taking action before season 3 starts.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    If this screenshot is true, what about summoners with Chinese names, I am sure most of us can't read their names right. You guys shouldn't make the IIIIIIIIIIII players change their names without doing it across the board to be fair to everyone.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Heartless wrote: »
    If this screenshot is true, what about summoners with Chinese names, I am sure most of us can't read their names right. You guys shouldn't make the IIIIIIIIIIII players change their names without doing it across the board to be fair to everyone.

There’s a difference between barcodes and someone’s actual name. What are you expecting kabam to do? Tell Chinese summoners to pick a name in an alphabet that’s foreign to them?

Just look at each character of their name and compare it in the alliance member page. The symbols are different, unlike an uppercase I and a lowercase l.
    Nice.

@Kabam Miike will Kabam hide IGN on the war map as well? Please hide class too
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    This is so stupid. I don’t see the big problem with it. Yes it makes you use your brain a little more when scouting your path, even better way to handle this... take away all class types when joining attack phase. Literally the only reason they have done it to hide what kabam should hide anyway.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Great we got an update. All that's left is to add nodes to AW that nullify attack team synergies and we'll finally find out which alliance is the most skilled.
    4u0r8fa4nqwx.jpeg

What about these names? Not a barcode but looks same to me