**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is this power bar situation - what is the logic behind this.

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
Now , my two 5 hits combo which is 10 hits in total including two medium hits is not enough for one bar of special attack. This gap will increase for special 2 , this is inconsistent but very annoying. I don’t know why kabam made this change but this is not the case previously, my special attacks will raise my power bar always. For example if I am using Hawkeye, I tend to use his special 1 attack more often and I expect that while using my special 1 it will give me some power to raise my power meter. This is not happening any more. Instead I have to attempt 3 combo hits (5hit combo) to reach to a 1 special attack bar.

What is the logic behind this. Why two hit combo (10hits ) aren’t enough for one bar of power.

I hope community also facing this or experiencing this situation. Will not call it a “issue”for discussion purpose.

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    That's how it's always been man, if you don't like it get yourself a hyperion.
  • edited July 2018
    We have not made any changes to Champion's power gain rate. It's not common to get a full bar of power from 2 5-Hit combos, unless you take a few hits (blocked or not) between the combos. Some Champions have different Power Gain rates, like Psylocke, who requires even more hits before she gains a Bar of Power.

Which Champion are you using? What Rank and Rarity are they?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The logic is because it takes roughly 2 combos (I think 9 hits) to gain 1 bar of power when you’re getting hit. Offensive power gain has to be slightly less than defensive power gain because then the game would be way too easy. If Hawkeye gained 1 bar in 9 hits and the opponent gained 1 bar in 9 hits, Hawkeye could theoretically just keep spamming L1s forever and the opponent would never use a special. This is especially true of Vision or any other power steal champs. It’s just a way to balance the game and not keep it on easy mode.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Question - if I get hit by special 3 of opponent and that opponent is not magik , do I get any increase in my power meter.
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    Question - if I get hit by special 3 of opponent and that opponent is not magik , do I get any increase in my power meter.

Yes, you get close to a bar of power IIRC from getting hit by a L3 special. I think there might be a couple other champs that don’t generate power on specials, too. Maybe MODOK?
    We have not made any changes to Champion's power gain rate. It's not common to get a full bar of power from 2 5-Hit combos, unless you take a few hits (blocked or not) between the combos. Some Champions have different Power Gain rates, like Psylocke, who requires even more hits before she gains a Bar of Power.

Which Champion are you using? What Rank and Rarity are they?

Hi Miike, why I have stated this cause , I use to get my one bar of power in two combos , when I parry , that blocking attack also gives my a bit of increase in power meter and two combos were enough to complete one special attack bar. Now it’s not happening my parry didn’t add any things even my special attacks are not adding any raise in power meter. On,y hits are working and I don’t know if medium hit is working properly cause , if you use stark spidy special 1 on recurring basis , medium attack hit is most important.

I have used Drax, Hawkeye, AA, blade , and have seen with almost everyone.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Yes, you get close to a bar of power IIRC from getting hit by a L3 special. I think there might be a couple other champs that don’t generate power on specials, too. Maybe MODOK?

Well it’s not happening, test it in arena or quest you will feel.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    The difference will be how many medium hits u parry vs how many light hits u parry.
    Medium parried hits will give u more power than a light parried hit
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    Are you using Hawkeye with SW they have a power gain synergy. Also any other combinations of champs with a power gain synergy will change your power gain rate
    Are you using Hawkeye with SW they have a power gain synergy. Also any other combinations of champs with a power gain synergy will change your power gain rate

Nope , I use AA,Drax and Hawkeye, all 5* two rank 4 Hawkeye rank 3 , but it’s not the case before, also check if you use special attacks 1 or 2 , you should be getting some power gain but now it’s not happening.

Nope , I use AA,Drax and Hawkeye, all 5* two rank 4 Hawkeye rank 3 , but it’s not the case before, also check if you use special attacks 1 or 2 , you should be getting some power gain but now it’s not happening.

Are you trying to say you get power if you use a special? Because that’s never happened and shouldn’t happen.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Opponent doesn’t gain power from GR’s L3

Are you trying to say you get power if you use a special? Because that’s never happened and shouldn’t happen.

I honestly don’t know if I can comment on “never happened “ I am playing this game for almost 2 years and I have seen a lot of changes so it’s hard to say when this stopped but using special attacks will always gives you power gain if you count special attacks as a hit.

I honestly don’t know if I can comment on “never happened “ I am playing this game for almost 2 years and I have seen a lot of changes so it’s hard to say when this stopped but using special attacks will always gives you power gain if you count special attacks as a hit.

Special attacks do not provide you with power unless it specifically states it in the character’s ability like AoU Vision’s special (when awakened), Magik L2, DV L3, etc.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Now , my two 5 hits combo which is 10 hits in total including two medium hits is not enough for one bar of special attack. This gap will increase for special 2 , this is inconsistent but very annoying. I don’t know why kabam made this change but this is not the case previously, my special attacks will raise my power bar always. For example if I am using Hawkeye, I tend to use his special 1 attack more often and I expect that while using my special 1 it will give me some power to raise my power meter. This is not happening any more. Instead I have to attempt 3 combo hits (5hit combo) to reach to a 1 special attack bar.

What is the logic behind this. Why two hit combo (10hits ) aren’t enough for one bar of power.

I hope community also facing this or experiencing this situation. Will not call it a “issue”for discussion purpose.

Did this happen against tech champions in arena? If so the tech collar mastery could explain this, or maybe champions like Green Goblin who reduce champion power gain under certain circumstances.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Is this post supposed to be a joke? Lmao