**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cheating Members | Auto Alliance Removal

Thankfully, we have not had any cheaters on our alliance as we are very vigilant to our players, however this seems to be a big concern for many alliances:

Cheater gets on an alliance.
Alliance isn't aware as they don't to have the appropriate tools to identify this.
Kabam identifies a Cheater.
Cheater is penalized.
Alliance is penalized.
Alliance has no way of identifying said Cheater.

Solution:

When a Cheater is identified by Kabam and they are banned, they are auto-kicked from any alliance they are on.

A message that in the alliance tab is sent that says: "Username" has been kicked by Kabam

A warning message is automatically sent to the alliance leader only that says:

A member of your alliance has been kicked for violation of our Terms of Service. Any reinstatement of "username" into your alliance will result in penalties for your alliance automatically including a drop in rating and 30 day ban for you, the leader of the alliance.

Simple, easy fix. Can we make this happen?

Comments

• imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    @kabam_valkyrie I see you are active....
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    @Kabam Valkyrie
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    They've said countless times that they won't do anything that involves disclosing the cheater's identity. They won't even tell the alliance leader who it is, and apparently they never will.
  • BluDragonBluDragon Posts: 115
    This (OP) is exactly what should happen. I don't see the problem with identifying the cheater.
  • PokeyJewelPokeyJewel Posts: 4
    This should be the way that cheaters are dealt with.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    They should atleast do the auto kick.....
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Sounds simple yet effective to me
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    If Kabam just banned the cheater,even for a week, the the alliance would know who dropped their war rating. This whole thing makes no sense to me on Kabam’s end.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    We were docked last week and still can't get anyone to admit that they've piloted. We have no way to know who it was. We never even got an email from Kabam saying we were docked or why. Honestly it's terrible. You're basically giving power to the cheaters and promoting them to hide their identities, and screw over other people. Terrible practice.

Cheaters need to be banned as an initial step. There's no reason to protect them.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    While the OP has a good idea, I would disagree with the last part where trying to add him again ends in a 30 ban for the leader. I think that is too strict, as it doesn't take into account players who reformed. Also, how are you supposed to run an alliance with an inactive leader? This seems like punishing 28 people for 2 peoples problems.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    If they were willing to autokick cheaters from allys, they would be willing to identify them. (since it essentially would identify them)
    Until they change their privacy policy, this isn't going to happen.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I agree with the penalty in regards to the cheater being auto booted from the alliance. Yet a message from Kabam in said alliance that the cheater was booted by Kabam, does out them as a cheater, doing an end run in regards to privacy.

I suggest that no message or notification be given by Kabam. The individual caught cheating is booted/banned. This way the appropriate punishment is made, without Kabam violating the privacy policy.