**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No compensation for overheating?

Has anyone seen anything regarding compensation for the overheating issue? I personally lost tons of game time and potential rewards by not being able to play the game. I really hope Kabam doesn’t just think this is fixed and we are all going to forget.

Comments

• Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    What part of they will look at it once the issue has been fixed is unclear? They’re not even sure the problem is fixed yet
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    What part of they will look at it once the issue has been fixed is unclear? They’re not even sure the problem is fixed yet

They just said the game is performing better now and they are releasing AW and Goldpool arena. What else do you need to know?
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited July 2018
    Some people say they are still having issues, even if they are considering the matter closed, it hasn’t been that long and it’s a lot to look at on how to figure out what action is appropriate. I would think a week or more at least before a decision
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    There will never be a 100% fix so don't expect compensation. You iOS users are so greedy. Android users have been fighting for overheating and lag issues for a year and still nothing. Be glad they at least acknowledged your complaints. Look at the dedicated android thread, no kabam response in months.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    A lot of iOS users got refunds from Apple so that subset was already partially compensated by getting things like the July 4th deals essentially for free. They will get to double dip once official compensation comes out
    Yeah, I think there will be some kind of compensation, but people will never be happy, and in any case, hardware has deteriorated anyway, no freebies will make up for that.

I still experience lag and crazy glitches, but I agree is no longer an emergency (after all, Android players have been experiencing lag since 2014). So I guess it is back to normal.

Considering Kabam's latest strategies to compensate users, they could: Sell you stuff, re-run quests, re-run arenas, give you stuff back that you lost during that time (like pym discs), but that is pretty much it. I noticed that, at least lately, they consider special offers a form of compensation.

They have also been making "mistakes" on catalyst arenas, letting you use 6 stars or giving you double the amount of rewards... by mistake. I assume this was done on purpose to calm the player base.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I think there will be some kind of compensation, but people will never be happy, and in any case, hardware has deteriorated anyway, no freebies will make up for that.

I still experience lag and crazy glitches, but I agree is no longer an emergency (after all, Android players have been experiencing lag since 2014). So I guess it is back to normal.

Considering Kabam's latest strategies to compensate users, they could: Sell you stuff, re-run quests, re-run arenas, give you stuff back that you lost during that time (like pym discs), but that is pretty much it. I noticed that, at least lately, they consider special offers a form of compensation.

They have also been making "mistakes" on catalyst arenas, letting you use 6 stars or giving you double the amount of rewards... by mistake. I assume this was done on purpose to calm the player base.

But i mean what's the purpose of saying it was a mistake they get nothing out of it, heck they would get more out of by flat out saying this stuff was done on purpose.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    If you intend to keep playing, get used to disappointment... lower your expectations as much as you can, and enjoy what you can of the game... it’s like game of thrones, whatever you learn to like the most will die

But i mean what's the purpose of saying it was a mistake they get nothing out of it, heck they would get more out of by flat out saying this stuff was done on purpose.

That wouldn't be a win for the users. It is a way of making users happy when they make mistakes (so you can cope with their mistakes ruining your game experience). If they admit there is no mistake, users would feel that the "bonus" is not enough, and other pointless discussions.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222

Because it's what responsible adults do when they run a business. Not hide behind mods on a forum who keep screaming "no not our fault it's this" and frankly it's disgusting.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    What exactly has given players the idea that they will ever compensate appropriately or do something in the players favor. Wishful thinking but clearly not the right game or company to have these thoughts about. They will offer little compensation.
    If they do any compensation for the iOS users who had issues for 18 days, whay can they possibly do for android users who have had those same issues for the last year? If you get 10 3* Sig stones out of the problems you will be lucky. As others have said, lower your expectations to below what you think worst possible outcome could be.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    If they do any compensation for the iOS users who had issues for 18 days, whay can they possibly do for android users who have had those same issues for the last year? If you get 10 3* Sig stones out of the problems you will be lucky. As others have said, lower your expectations to below what you think worst possible outcome could be.

Someone sure has a grudge against iOS. I have both and I have not been having issues on my Android for a year or however long you mentioned. It’s most likely a very small group experiencing that extreme of an issue.
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    As a business, I see it this way, if i am Kabam, with or without all issues on overheating, unplanned downtime, wrong crystals info, purchase error, new champs bug, imbalance champs, unfair gameplay etc... people still pump in money.... (a lot of money), then why should I do compensation?

Because end of the day, those that shout for compensation is not in the minor 5% population who major supporting Kabam running the business (true whale milkers), so it will not affecting mgmt decision.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Someone sure has a grudge against iOS. I have both and I have not been having issues on my Android for a year or however long you mentioned. It’s most likely a very small group experiencing that extreme of an issue.

Go check the dedicated thread for android under bugs and known issues. A lot larger group then you imagine. Kabam plays favorites. Personally I hate apple. I like android. Some ppl like xbox, some like playstation. Some people like skyrim and others like fallout. If a game is available on both platforms then there shouldn't be preferential treatment which in mcoc it's all about ios.
    I have android and ios and i changed android devices at least 3 times to support this game. I haven't upgraded from my ipad mini 4 yet. However, I am starting to see lag in the ipad now, so I guess it's curtains for ipad.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Go check the dedicated thread for android under bugs and known issues. A lot larger group then you imagine. Kabam plays favorites. Personally I hate apple. I like android. Some ppl like xbox, some like playstation. Some people like skyrim and others like fallout. If a game is available on both platforms then there shouldn't be preferential treatment which in mcoc it's all about ios.

Kabam has talked about this issue so many times. You act like it’s preferential treatment but that’s not true. It’s just extremely hard to optimize performance with Android because of the countless operating systems. You also called all iOS users greedy. I mainly play on iOS but occasionally switch to Android when I’m home. I actually vouched for Android users to get compensation, too, mainly because Android has had performance problems since the beginning of time. This community needs to be united, not start operating wars between us.
  • Gigonite69Gigonite69 Posts: 92
    Personally I could care less about compensation for the iOS issues. It was definitely frustrating though, and we as a community have been compensated for much less. I would like to see them rerun the arenas that were affected during the overheating issues, as I for one was unable to grind for Void the first time due to the problem, and many folks were unable to play while AA was in arena as well.
    I do hope that the Android issues get fixed as well, although I now play on iOS.
    If you want to say they don't favor one player over another then maybe they should do what console developers do. You don't see ppl on Xbox and PlayStation playing multiplayer call of duty or destiny together... not comparable because of hardware. So why not do the same with mcoc if they are having so many issues between the two platforms. It would probably solve many problems like legend runs, server outages, in game bugs... wouldn't affect alliances because wars already ruined those. Point being over a year since any android issue has been fixed, 18 days for iOS to get a bandaid. Don't say it's because it was because of extreme case because I personally lost 1 galaxy, 1 Motorola and 1 rca tablet due to overheating in the last few months.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Problems Android users are having is nothing compared to how iOS was behaving. Right now they seem comparable after the hotfix, unfortunately both need a lot of work, neither are running the way they should.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    We need rank down ticketssssss
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Man so many posts over and over.....

Kabam have said they will....

Stop asking and just wait....

Join infobot or similar on line chat app and you will notified of important forum posts from kabam.... that way you will know wat is going on amd have no reason to keep starting the 1000000th thread about the same issue...
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    Is the goldpool rerun going to run with antman?
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    You don't see ppl on Xbox and PlayStation playing multiplayer call of duty or destiny together...
    Actually dude it has nothing to do with hardware.. just greed. Xbox has been cross platform with pc for a while now. PlayStation wants you playing on their console only. They’d all be playing rocket league together now if it wasn’t for Sony.

• DarkQuakeDarkQuake Posts: 74
    Personally dont think there should be compensation for this
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

When we have any information about compensation plans, we'll share it with everyone. Right now we are still monitoring the situation to determine an appropriate plan of action.
This discussion has been closed.