**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Groot and colossus in new featured crystal

LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Adding these characters among the likes of loki falcon etc, is literally offensive to the summoners, think about it if somebody pulled them after 15k shards they would vomit, instead of really giving something or updating these characters to the current meta of game, you really have talled about the "meta" of the game in recent updates but cant stop giving these s__t characters you plain old simply say f___k you if you get one of those, like pulling them again and again and again from basic is not enough.
People still haven't heard anything about carnage buff.

Comments

• LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    A mate in my Ally pulled an iron fist from his featured.

He no longer pulls featured.

This is what im talking about, i know the logic, you win some and you loose some, but what about the one who playes a lot and wins a lot due to hard work in game and get absolutely screwed due to pulls from crystal, at least give some update to the charaters which are **** so that summoners dont feel like they are being duped.
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Let me share a unique story , iv had 5* luke cage since like i dont know and he was duped 3 times over the course of 4 monthes by the time he got a buff and since then i havent pulled him, to me it just feels like if the characters are strong and are so called "god or demi god" tier players wont be able to pull them and will always have a higher chance of pulling the useless ones
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    To be fair, I routinely open featured and have never got a bad champ from it. My percentages for bad champs on the regular crystal is astronomical. So just think of it as an odds game. It's just a better shot at a good champ with less risk. Risk is still there, just not as bad.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Kinda digging the silent groot buff. His s1 has a 100% longer distance and he seems to nullify opponent buffs on hit now. Just noticed this tonight in 4* basic arena.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    There are 8 new Champs, and 16 Basic in it. They are randomly circulated so that the previous pool isn't repeated. That's about it. It's not offensive. It's random. They can't all be God Tier.

Who is talking about god tier sir. We are talking about decent champs at least not useless trash like IP and Colosuss.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    There are 8 new Champs, and 16 Basic in it. They are randomly circulated so that the previous pool isn't repeated. That's about it. It's not offensive. It's random. They can't all be God Tier.

Who is talking about god tier sir. We are talking about decent champs at least not useless trash like IP and Colosuss.

So you expect them to categorize "useless pieces of trash" out of the Basics and remove them for the Featured? You do realize it's their own product, right?
    The Champs are selected out of the entire Basic pool. That can be anything.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    Adding these characters among the likes of loki falcon etc, is literally offensive to the summoners, think about it if somebody pulled them after 15k shards they would vomit, instead of really giving something or updating these characters to the current meta of game, you really have talled about the "meta" of the game in recent updates but cant stop giving these s__t characters you plain old simply say f___k you if you get one of those, like pulling them again and again and again from basic is not enough.
    People still haven't heard anything about carnage buff.

Well you also gotta think about the god tier champs they put in there, they can't just put all good champs with god tier because that would just be op. It's all a risk you pay 5k more shards for a increased chance at certain champs.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I still swear that groot aint as bad as people say...... it may end up a long fight but if you play him well you can use parry all day as regen from his sp2 will enable you to win foghts on 100%..... it may be a long fight.... and he may be one of the worst champs but if you play him properly you can still use him and get some decent wins whilst using him....
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

0x493ha2h8qs.png
    linux wrote: »

So you expect them to categorize "useless pieces of trash" out of the Basics and remove them for the Featured? You do realize it's their own product, right?

I'm making a mistake in responding, but previously Kabam Miike said that the featured choices were going to be curated -- not randomly chosen, and they can't all be god tier, but champs that should generally be useful -- or "effective": http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/260614/#Comment_260614 (there was more to the same extent).

Falcon at least has ability reduction; he's not great, but he's a decent champ. Similarly Loki has some uses. So I might take issue with claiming that many of them are complete trash.

But Colossus and Groot fail all claims of curation or potential usefulness. They're approximately the bottom of the barrel.

That depends. Are you basing that on popular opinion, or the data collected? The reality is, they're going to have a range of Champs in them.
    You are correct. They are curated. With no pattern. (Random)
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43301/5-star-featured-crystal-change-discussion-thread/p1
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'm making a mistake in responding, but previously Kabam Miike said that the featured choices were going to be curated -- not randomly chosen, and they can't all be god tier, but champs that should generally be useful -- or "effective": http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/260614/#Comment_260614 (there was more to the same extent).

Falcon at least has ability reduction; he's not great, but he's a decent champ. Similarly Loki has some uses. So I might take issue with claiming that many of them are complete trash.

But Colossus and Groot fail all claims of curation or potential usefulness. They're approximately the bottom of the barrel.

That depends. Are you basing that on popular opinion, or the data collected? The reality is, they're going to have a range of Champs in them.
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43301/5-star-featured-crystal-change-discussion-thread/p1

While I agree with most of what you say on this subject, regarding the fact each champion can not be god tier etc, I think saying the champion’s in the crystal are selected at random is wrong. That implies they are picked out of a hat.

Thinking anything other than that kabam will take months thinking through which champions to put in the crystal as the basic pool is a little naive. If it was random them the 18 best champions would be able to end up in the crystal potentially. It is not random, kabam do not want that. They decide each and every champion in the crystal with incredible scrutiny.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 993 ★★★
    Curated with no pattern makes absolutely no sense. How do you select and organise with no pattern?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »

0x493ha2h8qs.png

LOL, nice picture
    I take it that this was an experienced player, probably dup his/her 5* IP too many times, and finally gave up and sell his champs and quit the game? :D Or do I read his/her profile picture wrongly? :D LOL
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    This far into the game there should not be year 1 champs in any featured crystal no questions asked.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »
    LOL, nice picture
    I take it that this was an experienced player, probably dup his/her 5* IP too many times, and finally gave up and sell his champs and quit the game? :D Or do I read his/her profile picture wrongly? :D LOL

Duping the champ is one thing, taking the champ to rank 5 level 65 is another. B)

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Well just get basics then, but remember, they are in there too.
  • MemphistophilesMemphistophiles Posts: 79
    I highly suspect that the so called "randomly chosen" champs from 4* up aren't even remotely random. If that was the case, how do I end up having two 5* Cosmics (just got Groot...), and twelve 4* Cosmics, yet only 2-3 of the other classes? Half of which are horrible choices: Howard the Duck, Iron Fist, Joe Fix, Groot (4* & 5*), Drax, Iron Patriot, Karnak, etc.

Concluding, if you're paying more for a Featured Champ crystal, the pool they're generated from should help offset all the other "luck of the draw" (said sarcastically) openings. I mean, come on, when is Colossus or Groot anyone's first pick? Never, that's when.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018

You must find museums and art galleries strange places, GW.

The announcement for featured crystals stated the following:

40drujj3q5n0.png
    Personally, after playing this game for over three years, I'm confident that Kabam aren't hesitant about using the word 'random' when something is random.
    edited July 2018
    [snip]

Curated implies not random. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/curate ... In context I'd assert the meaning is:

"Select, organize, and present (online content, merchandise, information, etc.), typically using professional or expert knowledge."

Groot and IP are best at nothing. There are better tanks, there are better champs to do damage, there are better defensive champs, there are better healing champs. They're slow and ineffective; the fact that you can win fights with them just means you can compensate for their deficiencies.

The initial comment was with no pattern. That's what was said. That is the very definition of random.
    They can be selected by the Team randomly, as in without a pattern.
    This is becoming an English topic. Back to the actual topic. One's personal feelings on useless are not the same as actual uselessness.
    Bottom line is, they're not going to likely remove every Champ people think is useless trash.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    I want to grind for this featured crystal but if I get one of them I sell it mostly because it will be my first 5* champion,I hope you all get something good.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I think it’s blatant deception to call something Featured when there’s Garbage inside it. Imagine buying a featured Swiss Chocolate brand box of chocolates only to find out there’s some non Swiss Chocolates in the mix? That’s pure deception.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    I think it’s blatant deception to call something Featured when there’s Garbage inside it. Imagine buying a featured Swiss Chocolate brand box of chocolates only to find out there’s some non Swiss Chocolates in the mix? That’s pure deception.

Thats not the same thing at all