**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Bugman1 wrote: »
    I wish the iOS iPhone 7+ was fixed like they say but it isn’t. I’m struggling to complete master mode when I’m uncollected??? Frame skips all over witch cause all kinds of glitches. All devices effected. My galaxy S9 is even worse. It must be the servers in the mid west USA.?

Yeah 19.1 helped some but nowhere close to a fix. I'm disappointed in how this is being handled. Very little communication and it's been a very long time since all the problems were introduced.
  • My ipad battery also drain faster using this game and still not fix.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    We are forgotten here now
  • Bryman187Bryman187 Posts: 204
    Any updates @kabam? My phone isn’t crashing anymore, but it still gets way too hot. I’m still hearing about more people’s screens delaminating/separating even after the update.
  • I got a message from the infobot showing a message from you saying that the crashing was fixed. Well, my game is now even worse than before. Not only does it crash but it’s laggy and now my characters hardly defend themselves in fights, they just stand there taking a beating most times. I can’t even do arenas because I constantly lose my streaks because of the bugs. Can you guys do some kinda repair??
  • Matt_KMatt_K Posts: 16
    I still experience overheating after installing 19.0.1.

To the mod who will merge this thread... Is any further investigation being done into the cause of the ongoing issue?
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    My setup:

iPhone 6, no warranty work, same phone used
    OS - iOS 11.4.1
    game version - latest 19.0.1

earlier this morning had heating issues when trying to finish up the 4* void arena and after the new arena pattern was released to play.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    While I’m not experiencing overheating and crashing issues anymore, I’m curious as to whether or not the current approach from the game team is to wait to the release of 19.1 to see if everything is resolved?

I continue to have mates who are still getting extremely hot phones; since they are aware of the issue, they don’t crash anymore because they tend to just shut down when the screen or back starts to feel unusually hot. Is there nothing in the works to help them before the next update?

Dr. Zola
  • It appears kabam has abandoned this issue and move on to new content.

I really hope any mod can tell us what the plan is and if my statement is correct.
  • Wtf Kabam the overheating problem hasn’t been fixed
    As far as they are concerned, everything is now peachy. They didn't even care to reference the overheating issue in their 19.1 patch, just called it 'minor bug fixes'

My device now takes longer to heat up but, alarmingly, it gets hotter than before and yet my tablet doesn't shut down anymore. I close my device on my own now and wait for it to cool again
  • SylarSylar Posts: 11
    MCOC 19.0.1 - Still overheating. Still feel hot within 5 minutes. Once done with AQ/AW, then i just stop playing.

Ipad mini 2
    IOS 11.1

Apple support has run diagnostic on the battery - and Apple support said battery is in good shape.
  • Sampad13184Sampad13184 Posts: 15
    My only problem is my in-game chat does not work... I have tried so many times but no. It's so frustrating that if any day I get kicked by my alliance I have no way to contact anyone that I want to join an alliance except forums. Because global chat also doesn't work...Please fix it
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    It’s about 80% better for me ...no more crashes but it is a little warmer than it was the past 12 months before update.
    Side note ...everyone did get the message in their game inbox about changing your name in AW. I guess the overheating email got lost. Unbelievable!
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    edited July 2018
    Duh... That’s because the names are causing the overheating. Lol
    I guess they are done commenting on this.
  • ritzdeezritzdeez Posts: 8
    iPhone 8 Plus | 11.4.1 | T-Mobile | LTE

Last night I started what was going to be my last master run in the Micro-Realm. I was one move away from the boss waiting for a couple more energy to move and my phone got so hot it shut off, which never happened before. Sure enough I ended up timing out of the quest. I couldn't believe it and actually let out a loud chuckle because of course that happened. To make things worse, I contacted support and immediately received a basic "Thanks for letting us know" reply. I emailed them back today and naturally my case has been closed.

I've never been one to demand or even ask for compensation, but I busted my tail and used units in various parts of the game to get those 500K Pym Canisters before the quest was gone and for what? Nothing, apparently.
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    iPhone X
    WiFi & ATT
    IOS 14.0.1
    McCoc 19.0.1

Just noticed it seems like my phone gets hotter when I’m playing the game on WiFi. When I’m playing on LTE it’s not as bad. It does not get hot when I’m on any other app, with either WiFi or LTE. Something to look into. @kabam
  • BrutalrulesBrutalrules Posts: 51
    My Phone is heat and battery drain
    How easy it is to forget and move on
    Fixxx wrote: »
    How easy it is to forget and move on

I'm hoping there's more of a fix in the next update that they aren't mentioning. They avoided mentioning the heating issue in the hotfix so it's hard to say but yeah they need to communicate more on this because the game still isn't working correctly.
  • CptMuffinCptMuffin Posts: 85
    Running an iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1, game is still overheating. I made a post about this in its own thread as I couldn't find this thread. The hotfix worked at first but that faded. This is the only thing on my phone causing this issue. 3 fights is all I can get before I have to put the phone down because it's too hot.
    Yeah the hotfix helped some. iPad mini 4 and I was trying an LoL run and it's not working very well. I can almost get a good fight out of the device but it gets warm enough to start causing lag. So far if it causes me to die I'll set the game down to cool off and most definitely after each fight the device needs a break. So 19.0 cost me a lot of potions that I farmed that I had to sell because I couldn't do a LoL run and right now lag is costing me more.. this is unacceptable!
    So how about some ******* communication on this subject?
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Is anybody else still experiencing overheating after the update? I have an iPhone 7 and it’s still heating up. Not as fast as before but still before I’m finished playing.
    Lots of people
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I was badly affected by the overheating issue immediately following the 19.0 update. The last beta version DRASTICALLY improved the issue and 19.1 completely fixed it on my end. I can now play as long as I want without issue. Battery drain roughly 1% every three minutes (normal for graphic intense) no real lag (help requests can take a bit longer to process but that’s not unusual) and no dangerous heat.

Phones get hot while in use . If you’ve ever touched a CPU while a computer is on it’s downright disconcerting how hot they actually get but thats physics...and/or thermal dynamics :-) I think we’re all just much more sensitive to how hot they are getting due to the 19.0 update. So people who are still reporting “overheating issues“ do you just mean it’s getting hot? Because overheating is a technical issue where the phone will pop up with a thermostat for heat warning Telling you your phone has exceeded safe operating temp which could even happen just from having your phone sit in the sun…

I’ve made a couple posts showing the CPU load from 19.0 and the drastic change in 19.1. It was this CPU load that was causing the heat/crashing and that has been fixed in 19.1. CPU load is now right in line (maybe a little bit less in some cases) with all other games.

Now, that being said, anyone still suffering from crashes or unplayable lag I feel for you. I wish this were not happening to you. I simply post this as perspective.
    @WiMak I get your point but I think a lot of people still suffer from over heating. My device was vastly improved but no where close to pre 19.0. After 10 or so minutes lag starts to become an issue again, while it's still playable for arena it's not for competitive play. Outside of iOS problems the hotfix did nothing for the Android problems that appeared after 19.0. That patch only helped the problem not solved it.
This discussion has been closed.