**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you really NOT extending the current event quest?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
@Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

For 3 weeks I was unable to play, how am I expected to do the event quests in 9 days?! That’s how long was left when the game was fixed.

I wouldn’t mind but considering you gotta 100% all of them for some pym particuls I am going to be missing out!

Can you explain why your not going to extend the time on it at all?

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Probably because they have a schedule to stick too and it didn't prevent everyone from playing. The millions of other people (perhaps hundreds of thousands) that got it done found a way to keep going. I too was impacted by the overheating (iphone 6), but still managed to 100% heroic, master and uncollected, in addition to AW, AQ and a little bit of arena. I don't think the overheating prevented anyone from completing. It certainly made it more difficult, but those who chose to play did, and those who chose not to play did also. Me, I played until the phone got hot, force closed MCOC, waited a couple of minutes and repeated. Battery health still says 100% with the "Battery Life" app from the Apple store.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    And why weren't you able to play for 3 weeks?

Over heating issues
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    From what I understand, it's not as simple as just extending it. The EQ is in the Build, and they have an Update scheduled. That would entail a Build that contains both. Not that easy.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    I think this is one of those things that need to be calculated once all seems stable, to give proper reparation for the mishap
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    I got all difficulties done in 4 days boring but got it done
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I got all difficulties done in 4 days boring but got it done

Not without a lot of energy refills you didn’t.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Maybe extend it but also release the new event as scheduled
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Over heating issues

Why does this get a flag? And how is someone who plays the game unaware of the overheating issues?

Dr. Zola
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Over heating issues

Why does this get a flag? And how is someone who plays the game unaware of the overheating issues?

Dr. Zola

The flag is gone, bonus points for helping out with self-awareness
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    They def shouldn’t extend the event... had plenty of time. My phone overheated too and I got all difficulty levels done. Guess you won’t get it done in 9 days. Do the most rewarding ones your skill level can accomplish. Cheers.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Look I get it, I could complete them all in 4 days.

But here is the thing, I work 6 days of the week, I get home and get my kids to sleep, make food, eat food.

So yeah, it’s not an option to just sit and do it all as soon as the games ready.

I couldn’t play for longer than 10 minutes when the overheating issue was going on, and I’m not gonna put my phone through having the battery over heat every 10 minutes, quit out and then re-do it... that would just kill my battery completely.

I don’t see how it’s flagged so much, guessing the flaggers weren’t affected, or just don’t like me, which is fine... but yeah, it’s hardly a cheeky request, unlike all the flaggers “waaaa waaa I want a rank down ticket booo hooo” 😂
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Look I get it, I could complete them all in 4 days.

But here is the thing, I work 6 days of the week, I get home and get my kids to sleep, make food, eat food.

So yeah, it’s not an option to just sit and do it all as soon as the games ready.

I couldn’t play for longer than 10 minutes when the overheating issue was going on, and I’m not gonna put my phone through having the battery over heat every 10 minutes, quit out and then re-do it... that would just kill my battery completely.

I don’t see how it’s flagged so much, guessing the flaggers weren’t affected, or just don’t like me, which is fine... but yeah, it’s hardly a cheeky request, unlike all the flaggers “waaaa waaa I want a rank down ticket booo hooo” 😂

I empathize with you. My game play got gutted by phone overheating. I’ve burned several refills just to be able to get done with Master (Heroic and UC done) the evening of July 31 IF I use all the energy I get organically between now and then. No shot at doing the other difficulties to get more shots at rifts, but should have enough energy to do one final UC rift the morning of Aug 1 before the event expires. Like most people, I’m ususally done in a couple of weeks with all three difficulties and toying with Normal to farm units and pots.

Lots of people have asked for extensions as well as alternatives, like refills as an interim relief measure. No dice. What puzzles me is that the moderators have said they are waiting until the overheating issue is resolved to determine what relief is due, and the official threads have seemingly treated the issue as if it’s all but over since the hotfix was released, and the new release is due in a few days...so where’s a little help for the players adversely affected this month?

Dr. Zola