**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 30 in AW is insane!

Comments

• TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    It’s not about hardest hitting. It’s about what works for the node
  • DPool21DPool21 Posts: 47
    Well enlighten me.
    Give me a character that can deal with that. Control his power gain, maybe don't debuff him so you won't proc a lot of the cornered node. Deal with masochism and his 200k Health pool while beating him down.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    30 is all about that power control, so your usual Magik is the best bet, then maybe Dorm, or amazing luck with an awoken WS. With Dorm, you will have to trigger Masochism before you power lock, Magik can probably get away with not proccing it beforehand, but really might as well do it to increase your chances (why, yes, I have had multiple instances of not getting power lock from her L2 on nodes -without- Masochism, but the odds are low).
    I can see Rags being an interesting choice of defender there, as it's hard to power-lock yoyo him. Hmm... But Spark and Blade (less so on Spark), are not good options for this node, especially if Blade won't get DS. Spark will trigger Maso all over the place with his taunts, and Blade risks Bleeding them to trigger Cornered, and DPS will decline as the fight goes on and on.
    Yeah i see your point, i know that blade and SS are not the best options but i played the fight perfectly and was very careful of his power gain that's why both fights lasted 3 minutes.
    And while i know Magik can work there and i tried her before againsta rank 4 5star Hyperion, it turns out if she is just a 4star she can't do the job either. The healing of the masochism is really strong and you have to trigger it constantly to apply the power lock.
    4star magik full boosted up and with the class advantage against Hyperion didn't work but i can see a 5star rank 4 or above working.
    Against Thor tho that was rank 5 too, you lose class advantage and you can't use the intercept tactic because you gonna get autoblocked so your dps drops by a lot.
    Still a rank 5 5star Magik could possibly do it, but did the game come to that tho? You either have the exact right champion as a 5star fully ranked up or you have to pay 100$ to kill a node on the map? Or the game was always like that?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    A guy in my bg gets through that node no problem with sparky, blade, and mephisto. Haven’t seen him die yet to it

A. What tier?

B. Video or it didnt happen.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    A guy in my bg gets through that node no problem with sparky, blade, and mephisto. Haven’t seen him die yet to it

Virtually every post of yours is about how easy every aspect of the game is, I don’t know whether you’re trolling or bragging, I’m guessing the latter. Is there any fight in the history of the game that you’ve struggled with?

Regardless, maybe bear in mind that players in Tier 5 with under-developed rosters and skills also have to deal with most of the difficulty of this node for a tiny fraction of the rewards you get in the higher tiers, try to see someone else’s perspective for once.

He’s a lying and trolling.

A. Blade won’t survive that node every time. Magik is walking over blade there consistently.

B. None of those three are going to survive hyperion, another constant on that node.

C. Unless that guy is some sort of god tier player and can manufacture extra souls for mephisto, clearing Medusa there every time there I have my doubts too.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    DPool21 wrote: »
    Yeah i see your point, i know that blade and SS are not the best options but i played the fight perfectly and was very careful of his power gain that's why both fights lasted 3 minutes.
    And while i know Magik can work there and i tried her before againsta rank 4 5star Hyperion, it turns out if she is just a 4star she can't do the job either. The healing of the masochism is really strong and you have to trigger it constantly to apply the power lock.
    4star magik full boosted up and with the class advantage against Hyperion didn't work but i can see a 5star rank 4 or above working.
    Against Thor tho that was rank 5 too, you lose class advantage and you can't use the intercept tactic because you gonna get autoblocked so your dps drops by a lot.
    Still a rank 5 5star Magik could possibly do it, but did the game come to that tho? You either have the exact right champion as a 5star fully ranked up or you have to pay 100$ to kill a node on the map? Or the game was always like that?

Yeah, 4* aren't going to cut it there unless the defender is one also, and having no good 5*55 power control champs myself, I feel the pain. What it has come down to is no longer having pre-set lanes for some people, and flexing lanes to cover based on who has the counter for the defender on the node, especially 30. The other nodes get some grousing, but 30 has been the main complaint.
    Curious though, was anyone else able to assist your lane and clear Thor? Did he ever get with his L3, or just from timeouts? We need a replacement for Hype in our BG, and we do have someone with a 6* Thor... It's either that, or SM.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    This node was meant to cost money to clear unless you have a very deep roster. Give Kabam credit, at least they aren’t hiding the fact it’s a money grab node. Transparency finally.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    4/55-5/65 Thor Ragnarok sounds painful on node 30 without the right counter
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    I am telling you guys loki is a very good option, ramps up to hit really hard because the aspect of fury is a big buff to steal.
  • MadTitan616MadTitan616 Posts: 30
    I haven't been having many issues with my 5/65 Morningstar if i don't parry or get hit (causing defender to bleed) but the other BGs in my ally are. The nodes should not be more difficult than the boss.. and no, kabam, that does not mean make the boss more difficult to counter that argument. Alliances in gold league should not have to spend physical money to compete. Spending in this game should be recreational, not necessary and it does not seem like that is the goal here.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    I agree with almost everything in here. The node is a money maker for sure.

My biggest problem is the fact that Kabam is openly admitting this bizarre stance of "we don't think teams should be 100%ing the maps" which I cannot fathom for the life of me why they're taking that stance. Never in 30 years of gaming have I seen a company actively dissuade their players from completing their content (minus Dark Souls in a funny we're hard as **** way).
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    @roastedbagel the thing is.. they still expect people to 100%, they just make it so many people are ill now have to spend a lot to do so. Yet another example of why this company is looked at so negatively.
  • Hey All,

We have a small update regarding Node 30: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/85205/update-to-alliance-wars-challenger-and-expert-maps

- We are swapping the sets of buffs on nodes 29 and 30 in both the Expert and Challenger Maps.
    We know that you all find Node 30 pretty difficult. We like the identity, intensity, and difficulty of this fight, but want to change it to an optional fight by removing it from the critical path. Node 30 is the source of a Linked Node, and failing to take it down will result in a portion of the map becoming much more difficult. Node 29 does not have any Links originating from it. After swapping the buffs, Summoners now have the option of skipping the more difficult fight, or taking on the challenge for additional points.

This change will take effect on August 1st
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 70
    Thanks guys! I feel like my complaint was heard!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

We have a small update regarding Node 30: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/85205/update-to-alliance-wars-challenger-and-expert-maps

- We are swapping the sets of buffs on nodes 29 and 30 in both the Expert and Challenger Maps.
    We know that you all find Node 30 pretty difficult. We like the identity, intensity, and difficulty of this fight, but want to change it to an optional fight by removing it from the critical path. Node 30 is the source of a Linked Node, and failing to take it down will result in a portion of the map becoming much more difficult. Node 29 does not have any Links originating from it. After swapping the buffs, Summoners now have the option of skipping the more difficult fight, or taking on the challenge for additional points.

This change will take effect on August 1st

Second time today where I am forced to say "Well done, Kabam. Well done."
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Dont like he node. 30. In gernreal the aspest of evuletions. Make the figth to the point u culd Not blok in any ways. But with the cancge ther is away to works arund it so Well Down
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    So path 5 has Masochism on two nodes in a row? Why? Surely you can come up with something more interesting
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    @Kabam Miike can you please change portals 17 and 11 and add an option to exit/jump to new node 29?

741jmkvcqe6p.jpeg
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    What's this? Kabam bans cheaters and makes a positive change to AW on the same day? I think my head might explode. You going to fix domino and pure skill today too?
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I pmed you as well.

Can I ask that if you make this move, you also allow path 4 and 6 to be able to port to node 29?

As it stands you can only get to node 29 one way. This would allow more flexibility if someone is stuck on this difficult node.

Thanks
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Guess this means node 30 WAS OP. Great to know our AW feedback has been closely monitored.
    Amonthir wrote: »
    DPool21 wrote: »

Yeah, 4* aren't going to cut it there unless the defender is one also, and having no good 5*55 power control champs myself, I feel the pain. What it has come down to is no longer having pre-set lanes for some people, and flexing lanes to cover based on who has the counter for the defender on the node, especially 30. The other nodes get some grousing, but 30 has been the main complaint.
    Curious though, was anyone else able to assist your lane and clear Thor? Did he ever get with his L3, or just from timeouts? We need a replacement for Hype in our BG, and we do have someone with a 6* Thor... It's either that, or SM.

Hey sorry for the late response. I hope the new changes will make it easier now, but regarding your question, we were down 2 guys and one in my bg so we had no support there. I timed out both times without Thor using his SP3 although i was really careful with his power and i was throwing my specials at the right time to counter his power gain. I think he is a really good placement too, stoping some Magiks there but we will see how it goes now after the new update.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I pmed you as well.

Can I ask that if you make this move, you also allow path 4 and 6 to be able to port to node 29?

As it stands you can only get to node 29 one way. This would allow more flexibility if someone is stuck on this difficult node.

Thanks

Quoting myself to recirculate this so it is seen as kabam employees trickle in from the weekend...