**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Venom Buff Please

I REALLY like Venom. He is one of my favorite characters. But he is just another chunk of MCOC Scum, like Groot. But, I have hopes Kabam will Buff Venom for his Movie coming up soon. I made a list of abilities I would personally like to see. I used some of his current abilities, but most are new. What do you all think?

P.S. This is NOT Leaked Information or anything, I made this myself. DO NOT be telling people these are future Abilities.

jv4h3yxznxmr.jpg

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    5% regen per second is OP AF
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

You would have to keep at least 3 stacks of fatigue up to activate it though
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    regen and power gain are very op. scale that down a bit and this is awesome. Nice work.

Edit: Stun isn't necessary too on the SP3

You would have to keep at least 3 stacks of fatigue up to activate it though

Yeah but it’s easily achieved with basic attacks and last for 15 seconds. I could just take 3 hits at 80% chance each and heal for probably 50% (5% for 10 seconds). Maybe if it was like 1-2.5% it would seem more reasonable. Power flood would be difficult to sustain. Overall it would be a nice buff. Doesn’t seem too crazy other than the regen.
    edited July 2018
    I don't think this is too much. Take Blade into hand, and compare him to this. I fully endorse this buff for Venom. I really hope Kabam considers this.

I wanted to make him Defender Based like Green Goblin & Mephisto, not Attacker based Blade. This is why it said striking him with Light Attack had a 60% chance to Fatigue, & therefore easily trigger his Regeneration & Power Gain. You would have to watch your combo when fighting him, only using Medium Attacks, Heavies & Specials. I want to see fighting Defenders Skill Based, not F*** You Based.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    regen and power gain are very op. scale that down a bit and this is awesome. Nice work.

Edit: Stun isn't necessary too on the SP3

Thanks I appreciate your kind words & thoughts. Spent all night putting this together. It was fun.
    I don't think this is too much. Take Blade into hand, and compare him to this. I fully endorse this buff for Venom. I really hope Kabam considers this.

I wanted to make him Defender Based like Green Goblin & Mephisto, not Attacker based Blade. This is why it said striking him with Light Attack had a 60% chance to Fatigue, & therefore easily trigger his Regeneration & Power Gain. You would have to watch your combo when fighting him, only using Medium Attacks, Heavies & Specials. I want to see fighting Defenders Skill Based, not F*** You Based.

Yeah but imagine this Venom on defense in war. 5% regen on a recovery node along with masochism/buffet and other buffs? It would be insane and don’t know if anyone would be able to counter that.

Yeah but imagine this Venom on defense in war. 5% regen on a recovery node along with masochism/buffet and other buffs? It would be insane and don’t know if anyone would be able to counter that.

Well. Void. Actually I think I'm wrong on that.
    Sparky could probably over power him with 10 poise charges..Mmmm... Maybe lol

The masochism would heal him for quite a bit and make it a lot harder for Void to setup. It probably can be done but it would be a PITA.

I did make it so that Incinerate blocks his Heal & Power Gain. I thought it would be a cool feature, as Venom is vulnerable to fire in the comics, & it would be a unique way to counter him. But you might be right, maybe it could be toned down a bit.
    Also, another thing to keep in mind, is that he can only Heal & get Power Flood if he hits you, or you hit him with a Light Attack. Avoiding Light Attacks is pretty skill based, in my opinion

I did make it so that Incinerate blocks his Heal & Power Gain. I thought it would be a cool feature, as Venom is vulnerable to fire in the comics, & it would be a unique way to counter him. But you might be right, maybe it could be toned down a bit.

That’s true. Hyp could probably counter since he stacks incinerate and they last for a decent time. One gets absorbed by masochism then any more prevent healing. Actually some champs that incinerate usually bleed, too, like GP and WS. It could probably work. But regen should probably be toned down a little bit otherwise it’s still pretty OP. I like the idea of this buff though. I feel like it would get a lot of people to use him more.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    #BuffCarnage2018
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★

Let’s not forget that incinerate counters him. Gives bones, falcon, AV, rulk, and vulture (probably others I forgot) a decent advantage against him)

Agree with most of the people here, regen and power gain are currently sitting at a bit too ridiculous of a level. Scale ‘em down to like 1-5-2%, and that’d be an excellent buff to venom
    Whododo872 wrote: »

Let’s not forget that incinerate counters him. Gives bones, falcon, AV, rulk, and vulture (probably others I forgot) a decent advantage against him)

Agree with most of the people here, regen and power gain are currently sitting at a bit too ridiculous of a level. Scale ‘em down to like 1-5-2%, and that’d be an excellent buff to venom

Ya, it seems the main consensus here is that I made the Regeneration too powerful. Thanks for input. Also, Mephisto & Sentinel are big time incinerators as well..
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »

Ya, it seems the main consensus here is that I made the Regeneration too powerful. Thanks for input. Also, Mephisto & Sentinel are big time incinerators as well..

*massacre
  • VizardVizard Posts: 71
    I like it. I think the regen & power gain are fine. I would reduce the chance to cause fatigue instead.

There would be plenty of counters (including blade, and domino).

I would just say, I think he should get some kind of ability to ignore evade. Maybe it wouldn't be in all circumstances, but something like when he has no debuffs on him.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Scale down regen, completely remove the physical resistance and armor buffs from his passive, make it so venom can only have three of these buffs (also increased the fury, precision and cruelty effectiveness) and I think you have a strong attacker. Just one thing I’d like to see as well, Venom kinda copies opponents, right, so I honk it’d be cool if for every buff he replicates, opponents attack goes down, his attack goes up same amount permanently max of like 5
    edited July 2018
    Vizard wrote: »
    I like it. I think the regen & power gain are fine. I would reduce the chance to cause fatigue instead.

There would be plenty of counters (including blade, and domino).

I would just say, I think he should get some kind of ability to ignore evade. Maybe it wouldn't be in all circumstances, but something like when he has no debuffs on him.

Its funny you mention the ignore evade ability, I very nearly almost put down...

Passive
    Venom is immune to Spider Sense, & therefore Spider-Verse champions cannot evade him.

I thought that would make him a little OP on top of everything else, but maybe not.....
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    They gonna. make a whole knew venom. Just like the multitudes of iron mans, spider mans, Thor’s, etc..
    Piviot wrote: »
    They gonna. make a whole knew venom. Just like the multitudes of iron mans, spider mans, Thor’s, etc..

I don't know, the Venom trailer showed a Venom pretty similar to the in-game one. When Kabam recreate the same characters, its usually another version.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    CARNAGE buff please.

There you go FTFY.