**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

HYPERION

KABAM COULD YOU LOOK AT THE SPEED HYPERION REACHES HIS L3 LEVEL..IT IS FAR TOO FAST FOR THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IT GIVES..I SUGGEST EITHER SLOWING HIS L3 DOWN OR LESSINING THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IT GIVES TO AN OPPONENT.

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    theblueman wrote: »
    KABAM COULD YOU LOOK AT THE SPEED HYPERION REACHES HIS L3 LEVEL..IT IS FAR TOO FAST FOR THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IT GIVES..I SUGGEST EITHER SLOWING HIS L3 DOWN OR LESSINING THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IT GIVES TO AN OPPONENT.

Learn how to bait out his sp attack, there easy when you get used to it, you can't just keep hitting him all the time
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    No! No more effing nerf i have enough of it

And for those ppl about to bit*h on me that I have a hyperion and don't wanna see him nerfed I dont have him so keep ur narrow minded thoughts to urself

Nerfs only destroy this game why can't u ppl see
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Guys , please practice and keep getting better, don't look for instant remedy for every issues, if you can't beat then look for the counter champs , this game has so many counter champs available for every champ. Example look for champ that counter power gain , it's easy to beat Hyperion, SW, CW,Hawkeye, some names for you. Hope this helps

Nerfed the champ is not a solution
  • wolfwolf Posts: 106
    Hyperion really needs to be nerfed. Why is so hard to accept that? Baiting special is not guaranted, it's still mostly about luck

Turning overpowered champions into no-overpowered champions will not destroy this game, like some kids have said above. Kabam added a broken champion, they just have to fix it cause it decides wars and ruins AQ run
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    wolf wrote: »
    Hyperion really needs to be nerfed. Why is so hard to accept that? Baiting special is not guaranted, it's still mostly about luck

Turning overpowered champions into no-overpowered champions will not destroy this game, like some kids have said above. Kabam added a broken champion, they just have to fix it cause it decides wars and ruins AQ run

Just like it's hard for u to accept not every champ will be a easy fight hyperion has one major counter that many champs can use its called nullify u simply don't wanna put up the effort to fight him and hate him due to the fact that he takes u out of ur comfort zone
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    He could use a Nerf, but it would be much more beneficial for everyone if they just buffed the sucky characters to balance things out. You can bring people up or tear others down. Tearing down hurts users who invested so much time into the champ, and just makes them want to leave the game entirely. Seriously, go look at this post that I made. It explains the problems with Nerfs:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/45655/#Comment_45655
  • They just fixed him this update and we are yet to see if he is finally working as designed. Nerfing is like the last thing we need on him at the moment. Please stop the nerf post.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Who's flagging me? Just, who? Moderators can ban you for flagging unworthy posts. Stop. Just because I said something that ticked you off somewhere doesn't mean you should act like a spoiled child, and follow me around reporting everything I say.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hyperion power gain is out of control. Everyone knows this. It takes like 15-20 seconds for him to be at SP3. Ridiculous kabam. His power gain should be adjusted just like Doctor Strange. 3 heavy attacks and Hyperion attack is 5000. How is this a balanced contest? You nerfed DS power gain and regen, i have to admit you went to far on regen wise but i agreed with his power gain. I use to sit and just spam specials.

Bottom line, his power gain should be adjusted or stopped at sp1 or sp2 and make him earn his Sp3.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The dead horse returns to be further beaten...

DO NOT nerf him. He really is not that hard to beat if you actually learn how to play. He is one of several champs that you simply cannot "button smash" and hope to beat.

Bait his specials, use power-control champs to fight him, use nullify champs to fight him. LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.

2 months ago I would have agreed with you that he is overpowered. But I was just a button smasher. Watch some "how to" videos by Diggity Dave.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mcoc+diggity+dave
    Baiting is unreliable. Period. Unless you are fighting with vision or magik he is just ridiculous.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Vision or Magik? That's all? No one else crosses your mind?

Juggs and Hood - Stagger his power gain
    Loki - steal his power gain
    Scarlet Witch - nullify his powergain (and alot of other effects)
    Both Vision, Magik, Dormmamu, Hawkeye, Beast, Psylock, Moonknight, Winter Solider, Gwenpool, Civil Warrior, Punisher 2099, Voodoo- Power Control (Some of these require more skill than others but it makes the fight easier no matter what)
    Vemonpool - Nullify his buff, make him bleed and gain regen
    Rogue - Take his buffs and prevent him from getting any
    Iceman - take specials to the face
    Strange - nullify and fate seal
    Ghost Rider - strong fate seal and power control

I'm sure I missed some as well so stop being scrubs and play better.

You can add Karnak with his sp3 nullifies his power gain, and Ghost Rider got a power drain and a damnation too
    Well those can do some work but hyperion will get to sp3, only magik and vision can wreck him. Just fight him in 5.2 and you will see or fight him in Map6. I am not talking about freaking duels.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    TKal wrote: »

Both Vision, Magik, Dormmamu, Hawkeye, Beast, Psylock, Moonknight, Winter Solider, Gwenpool, Civil Warrior, Punisher 2099, Voodoo- Power Control (Some of these require more skill than others but it makes the fight easier no matter what)

You can add Karnak with his sp3 nullifies his power gain, and Ghost Rider got a power drain and a damnation too

Didn't even know Karnak did that and yeah GR for his fate seal and power control (damnation is fate seal)

That's 22 champs listed that makes the fight much more manageable to much easier AND you don't even have to use ANY of those listen to beat the guy, just gotta use more skill with a little luck and bam, you win.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Well those can do some work but hyperion will get to sp3, only magik and vision can wreck him. Just fight him in 5.2 and you will see or fight him in Map6. I am not talking about freaking duels.

So a champion who is hard to beat in ACT FIVE is your justification? Act 5 is supposed to be hard. Maps 5 and 6 are supposed to be hard. If you're fighting there, you should have the lineup and the skills to deal with it. If you don't, you're fighting above your skill/team level and need to progress further before you give an easy cake-walk to the next round of new players.

Impressive, you disregarded my entire post with no rebuttal other than "yeah well you might be right but still"
    I'm honestly impressed by that. Have you seen Contest Champion fight Map 6 Hype? He uses Iceman for the same reason i stated above.

If you're gonna disagree, tell me why those champs above don't make the fight easier. Proof and facts my dude. You not giving any further hints at (not prove) your skill level in the game.
    TKal wrote: »

Didn't even know Karnak did that and yeah GR for his fate seal and power control (damnation is fate seal)

That's 22 champs listed that makes the fight much more manageable to much easier AND you don't even have to use ANY of those listen to beat the guy, just gotta use more skill with a little luck and bam, you win.

Karnak's sp3 prevent all buff (even Limbo) for 40 seconds. It's pretty useful

I have beaten LOL and 100 percent Act 5.2, got nothing to proof!

Just fight with all those champs listed above in map6 and let me know how it goes. It is just laughable. My basis on point is that DS power gain was modified for many reasons posted on the forums for the past 2 years. His power gain made him an unfair champ.

Read my post carefully before giving your two irrelevant cents. You can disagree but making smart points.

1. Hyperion's attack gets from 1000 to 5000 with 2 or 3 heavy attacks.

2. His power gain should stop at sp2 and make him earn Sp3.

3. His heavy attack has way too much range and ridiculous recovery aggresiveness.
    contest of champions gets KO lmao
    I have beaten LOL and 100 percent Act 5.2, got nothing to proof!

Just fight with all those champs listed above in map6 and let me know how it goes. It is just laughable. My basis on point is that DS power gain was modified for many reasons posted on the forums for the past 2 years. His power gain made him an unfair champ.

Read my post carefully before giving your two irrelevant cents. You can disagree but making smart points.

1. Hyperion's attack gets from 1000 to 5000 with 2 or 3 heavy attacks.

2. His power gain should stop at sp2 and make him earn Sp3.

3. His heavy attack has way too much range and ridiculous recovery aggresiveness.

Yeah Iceman is prefect for Hyperion map6. Dr Voodo too. Most of people I know use them, and let magik in AWD.
    If you can't beat Hyperion map6 with iceman or Voodo, then question your skill not the champ.

Besides, beats LoL and 5.2 doesn't prove anything since all you need is unit, but since you are struggling against Hyperion, then your level is not good enough.
    His power gain can be annoying but again, it's manageable with the right champs and skill.

1. I have a 4/40 4* myself and his attack is around 900 and he gains about 500 per fury so it's not 5000 clam down.

2. What's the reason for that change? Cuz you and others aren't good at playing against him? I just listed so manu champs that can avert him getting to SP3 with some skill and luck.

3. The range thing I can see and it covers alot of ground but again it goes back to skill, once he's not on a "heavy hitter" node and you are able to interrupt his heavy then as he does the first hit you have a window to take him out of it.
    edited July 2017
    I am not struggling agaisnt hyperion. Can you address my points instead of attacking me personally?

Why is it so bad for hyperions power gain to stop at sp2 and make him earn his sp3. I am not even complaining about his ridiculous attack capabilities where a rank 4 5 star can reach 10000.
    Just do the math on attack
    If ur not struggling why ask for a nerf?
    I am not struggling agaisnt hyperion. Can you address my points instead of attacking me personally?

Why is it so bad for hyperions power gain to stop at sp2 and make him earn his sp3. I am not even complaining about his ridiculous attack capabilities where a rank 4 5 star can reach 10000.

Because it's not needed that it be nerfed, that's why. That kinda thing will lead to what happened to SW and Strange and Thor before he was buffed. You know Kabam ain't gonna just reduce his power gain my dude, lets be real here.
    edited July 2017
    All I am asking is for power gain to stop at sp2. It is needed to balance the game.

- SW is still a top champ.
    - Thor just cleared Act 5.2 without struggles, so he is still a top champ.
    - DS is not a top champ but it is still good. Mystic dispersion makes him very reliable for any content.

Kabam got most character updates right except BW and DS but they are still some of the champs most used.
    Again, lets be real with that request. It's Kabam, they real guns into nerf guns with no bullets and missing the trigger.

As someone else said, buff bad champs up to a better level instead, that's a MUCH better idea.
    To balance the game both actions should be performed.
    All I am asking is for power gain to stop at sp2. It is needed to balance the game.

- SW is still a top champ.
    - Thor just cleared Act 5.2 without struggles, so he is still a top champ.
    - DS is not a top champ but it is still good. Mystic dispersion makes him very reliable for any content.

Kabam got most character updates right except BW and DS but they are still some of the champs most used.

If u don't struggle with him then the only reason a nerf would make sense going by what u have stated is u want to make a easy fight easier as it stands he's manageable remember u ur self stated u don't struggle with him so if he's manageable why nerf? I don't see a need to change a person's ability just so someone else can have a easier time fighting him