**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bypassing auto block parry without TS or TA

ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
I haven't seen this posted, so I'm not sure how well known this is. There are 3 champs that can bypass the dreaded auto block parry in AW without the use of true strike or true accuracy.

Domino - start a combo with a medium attack.
https://youtu.be/UsT8uAY-Kfo

IMIW - start a combo with a light then medium
https://youtu.be/g5xg72A9idY

Yondu - plain old MLLLM
https://youtu.be/0q9mjtjXmXI

I found Yondu to be the easiest and most effective.

Comments

• ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    So, I guess this was common knowledge?
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    News to me, but makes sense now that you point it out, since Medusa can't parry projectile attacks.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Only 1 champ has it in there description to bypass auto block and that is Karnak true strike. Yes other champs can but still can be auto blocked as its rng. Karnak can bypass it 100% as long as he has his true strike. I know everyone likes the easy way but it just leads to much crying when it doesn't work that 1 time. The game is about skill.
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    Only 1 champ has it in there description to bypass auto block and that is Karnak true strike. Yes other champs can but still can be auto blocked as its rng. Karnak can bypass it 100% as long as he has his true strike. I know everyone likes the easy way but it just leads to much crying when it doesn't work that 1 time. The game is about skill.

No, Proxima Midnight. True Accuracy.

And, the aforementioned champs can bypass it 100% with regular attacks. Not only that, it causes an auto block activation; thus, causing Medusa to drop her fury charges and can even net hits on the 3rd+ attacks as seen in the clips.

I don't understand why you say auto block is RNG.

What do you mean?
    Auto block is a trigger, rng. Just like anything else in game. For medusa just because she has 3 fury stacks does not mean every hit against her has a 100% chance of being autoblock/parry. Proxima has a wicked true strike but it is not 100% going to ignore autoblock. I don't have domino or fairyman but I do remember a kabam mod pointing out that Karnak had a buff to include autoblock to his true strike which is 100% guaranteed to ignore autoblock. Since I do not have those few champs pls show proof in there description where it states they 100% bypass/ ignore auto block.
    edited July 2018
    That's not RNG...

Edit: I'm talking about the above champs.

This is PM:

vi7s429p9fop.jpg
    Also, they 100% bypass auto block parry because they circumvent the actual mechanic of it.

It is effective 100% of the time.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    The point is not that you can ignore auto block, but rather you don’t get parry stunned, as you cannot parry projectile and stun an opponent unless you are proxima midnight.

Yes champs like karnak, killmonger can ignore auto block thanks to true strike. But OP stated ‘without true strike or true accuracy’. So don’t bring them up here pls
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Auto block is a trigger, rng. Just like anything else in game. For medusa just because she has 3 fury stacks does not mean every hit against her has a 100% chance of being autoblock/parry. Proxima has a wicked true strike but it is not 100% going to ignore autoblock. I don't have domino or fairyman but I do remember a kabam mod pointing out that Karnak had a buff to include autoblock to his true strike which is 100% guaranteed to ignore autoblock. Since I do not have those few champs pls show proof in there description where it states they 100% bypass/ ignore auto block.

Killmonger has true strike too

His is a little more difficult to activate.
  • Ripper4566789Ripper4566789 Posts: 44
    Crossbones stops autoblock and imiw armor up with at least 4 fury buffs active
    I also thought kabam has made a statement that auto block isn't supposed to trigger parry?
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I also thought kabam has made a statement that auto block isn't supposed to trigger parry?

That’s only for modok which aligns to his ability description. Medusa and IMIW both can trigger parry which aligns to theirs
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Auto block triggers parry if it is stated in the abilities
    Also, IMIW is the other significant auto block champ and you'll have to change the champs around
    IMIW medium, Domino light and Yondu light attacks will work
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Also, IMIW is the other significant auto block champ and you'll have to change the champs around

With Yondu, a ML will work.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Domino is medium.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    edited July 2018
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

His is a little more difficult to activate.

i think that depends on the champion you are fighting against, for example for me is almost impossibleto get his true strike from Og spidey's sp 1
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @ZzyzxGuy @V1PER1987 I'm talking about fighting against IMIW, where the first hit is autoblocked and parried, so those were the three champs I mentioned

So you had to change it around so the first hit is a projectile, so like Yondu's ML would be first hit melee and parried, or Domino's medium is melee+projectile, so also parried

Probably should've made it clearer
    edited July 2018
    @ZzyzxGuy @V1PER1987 I'm talking about fighting against IMIW, where the first hit is autoblocked and parried, so those were the three champs I mentioned

So you had to change it around so the first hit is a projectile, so like Yondu's ML would be first hit melee and parried, or Domino's medium is melee+projectile, so also parried

Probably should've made it clearer

I see what you're saying.

But, I thought auto block only activated on a consecutive hit?

Edit: never mind. Just read. Medusa specifically says twice and IMIW doesn't.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    News to me, but makes sense now that you point it out, since Medusa can't parry projectile attacks.

You sure? she parry the second part of Void's sp1

You sure? she parry the second part of Void's sp1

He meant auto block parry. Any attack can be parried but only non-projectile basic attacks can result in a parry stun.
  • Ebbi23987Ebbi23987 Posts: 76
    Killmonger is also great for her