**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Dups

Comments

• ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    I keep duping garbage champs. There should be a crystal with the 30 5* champs I don't have so I can guarantee that I don't dupe a champ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Crystals are random and it is controlled by something called RNG and it is unpredictable. We all deal with it. So while it seems you have less luck getting a dupe that is not true. RNG might make your next 5 crystals all be dupes!!!! That is how RNG works. It is random brother. Class specific crystals for 15k might not be a bad idea but you would still have that RNG thing you know.

I know it's RNG. I have no problems with that. My concern is that it will get statistically harder to Dup 5*s as more and more are added to the Basic. I'm sure someone could pull 10 of the same Champ. Highly unlikely, but it's possible. It's not so much myself I'm concerned about. I can deal with what lands, even though I'm frustrated. It's out of that frustration that I became aware of something else that concerns me. Which is why I suggested the Class Crystal. To be honest, it wouldn't matter if they were Class, or the Basic was split into 3, or some other factor. I was leaning towards a Dungeonesque idea, and I'm glad they are coming back. I wouldn't mind if that was the solution if they came around every so often, or even permanently. My concern is for the need to Awaken Champs and the increasing difficulty for people starting to build a Roster. Not really myself. I'll be fine. Lol. I can separate my own feelings from a situation. It's an issue, from what I see.
    ASV27 wrote: »
    I keep duping garbage champs. There should be a crystal with the 30 5* champs I don't have so I can guarantee that I don't dupe a champ.

It would be incredibly difficult to design a Crystal that suits everyone's needs that way. I don't care whether they're God or Garbage myself. It's horribly frustrating to have a whole Roster that isn't Awakened.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91

It would be incredibly difficult to design a Crystal that suits everyone's needs that way. I don't care whether they're God or Garbage myself. It's horribly frustrating to have a whole Roster that isn't Awakened.

I don't want everyone to have their own crystal, i want one that is linked to my account. Every time I get a champ or a new champ is released it'll get updated. It'll also cost 2k shards instead of 10k.

I don't want everyone to have their own crystal, i want one that is linked to my account. Every time I get a champ or a new champ is released it'll get updated. It'll also cost 2k shards instead of 10k.

Well, I suppose we can wish for what we want. I don't think that's even feasible, but if that's what you want, more power to you. Lol.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Or we could get the option to upgrade 4* champs or "absorb" them to dupe a 5* champ with additional mats like cats and gold.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018

This is very common. I duped my first 5* champion by completing Act 5. The 5* basic crystal had 72 champions when I duped my 5* Hulk, now it has 95 champions. If playing more content than you currently play is not something you're willing to do your best bet for duplicating 5* champions is to save your shards and open multiple 5* basic crystals at a time.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    It would be cool to see the 5* featured crystals have a pool of desirable champs and leave out some of the least desirable champs. The devs know which champs are in demand, and which ones aren’t of much use for most players. The current featured 5* has some great champs, with HB, KK, & SIM sprinkled in. I’d like to get a featured 5* crystal, but I won’t spend an extra 5k shards on an item where HB, KK, or SIM have an equal chance to be picked as a more useful champ. My 5* luck hasn’t been great (IP, HB, Carnage are 3/7 of my pulls, with a Rogue, Guilly dupe, & Mordo in the mix), so it would be really frustrating to spend an extra half of a 5* to pull a dud.
    I’m not saying a featured has to have nothing but “god-tier” champs. Part of the fun of this game is learning to use new champs. Some champs are nice to use because they offer game mechanics that are fun or feel good. But it comes across as extremely tone-deaf to charge a premium for a crystal that has a good chance to get a champ that isn’t viable for much more than arena fights.
    The Infinity Dust crystals were a good (not perfect, but definitely better than the norm) example of a limited crystal that wasn’t stuffed with champs you’d regret spending resources to acquire.
    I’m all for a class-specific crystal, but if it’s going to cost additional resources, the pool should be relatively limited to useful options.
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    I think they have made 5* so easy to get now that it solves the duping problem, yes more are being added so it mak s them a bit harder to dupe but that is the way they want it. It's hard when you work so hard and get the 4* dupes you wanted and then you think you are set.. then the game changes and it's like all that time you spent was almost for nothing l. This game is a grind you will never get to the point where you are satisfied. They will let you get what they want ant you to get we just have to deal with it

This is very common. I duped my first 5* champion by completing Act 5. The 5* basic crystal had 72 champions when I duped my 5* Hulk, now it has 95 champions. If playing more content than you currently play is not something you're willing to do your best bet for duplicating 5* champions is to save your shards and open multiple 5* basic crystals at a time.

That's the problem with the argument. I'm not talking about ways I can get a Dup, and saying it's common just supports what I'm saying. I didn't say I'm unwilling to do more content. I explicitly said my concern is not for myself. Playing more content is not going to change the pool in the Crystals, and opening multiple Crystals won't make a difference. Each Crystal is an individually separate outcome generated. The reasons I'm getting impatient with the response of "Get more Shards." are because a) it's the same as saying there is no problem, b) more Shards is not a solution to the problem I've presented and is not a viable option for the ones affected by the problem I'm presenting (people trying to build a Roster as the pool grows), c) it's been said ad nauseum, and d) it's impossible for people to offer a solution or suggestion when they don't even acknowledge a problem exists. I think there is a growing problem. If people don't agree, that's fine. They don't have to agree. Saying the same thing over and over is just irreverent at this point.
    I'm not alone in seeing this.
    That's the problem with the argument. I'm not talking about ways I can get a Dup, and saying it's common just supports what I'm saying. I didn't say I'm unwilling to do more content. I explicitly said my concern is not for myself. Playing more content is not going to change the pool in the Crystals, and opening multiple Crystals won't make a difference. Each Crystal is an individually separate outcome generated. The reasons I'm getting impatient with the response of "Get more Shards." are because a) it's the same as saying there is no problem, b) more Shards is not a solution to the problem I've presented and is not a viable option for the ones affected by the problem I'm presenting (people trying to build a Roster as the pool grows), c) it's been said ad nauseum, and d) it's impossible for people to offer a solution or suggestion when they don't even acknowledge a problem exists. I think there is a growing problem. If people don't agree, that's fine. They don't have to agree. Saying the same thing over and over is just irreverent at this point.

One of my earlier comments gave my opinion on why the 5* basic crystal is a necessary evil. You didn't respond to it but it said that the 5* basic crystal keeps things balanced for all players regardless of their progression. I've opened mostly featured crystals since the current one was released because pulling Karnak twice out of three pulls was enough reason to stop opening basics.

That being said I'm terrible at saving shards, so I've opened four basic crystals in the past 4-5 weeks. Two of the pulls I duped my 5* Storm. My other pulls I duped my 4/55 Ultron and pulled Iceman. That's RNG for you, you never know when your luck will change for the better.
    How is not getting more shards not a solution? more shards equal a better chance at a dupe. If you don't have the access to more shards earn the ability to get more. This seems pretty obvious
    Waynedavy wrote: »
    How is not getting more shards not a solution? more shards equal a better chance at a dupe. If you don't have the access to more shards earn the ability to get more. This seems pretty obvious

@Waynedavy More shards is not a solution because Kabam has said crystals have the same chance to pull all possible champions from them. Whether you open 1 or 100 5* basic crystals your chance of duping a 5* champion is currently .0105%.
    So if you open more you don't have a better chance? Alright this is crazy lol
    Waynedavy wrote: »
    So if you open more you don't have a better chance? Alright this is crazy lol

lol that's how probability works
    Ok on the coin flip, if you want to land On heads you definitely have a greater chance of heads coming up if you flip the coin 10 times than you do if you flip it 1'time.
    Well no. It's about 0.5 (50/50). The more you flip it, the closer to that ratio you get.
    You will have 10 chances at having Heads, but not greater chances.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Sitting on 45 5* and 15 of them are duped, while 4 of those are with gems. Out of the 45 I have 4 cosmic (ronan, groot, drax and Phoenix). I have 2 5* cosmic rank up gems (2-3 & 3-4) and 2 cosmic awakening gems. Last night I duped Phoenix.

I’d use more shards towards “class specific 5* crystals” if they were available.

You’ll be set once you pull a Medusa, Hyp or Corvus
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Sitting on 45 5* and 15 of them are duped, while 4 of those are with gems. Out of the 45 I have 4 cosmic (ronan, groot, drax and Phoenix). I have 2 5* cosmic rank up gems (2-3 & 3-4) and 2 cosmic awakening gems. Last night I duped Phoenix.

I’d use more shards towards “class specific 5* crystals” if they were available.

You’ll be set once you pull a Medusa, Hyp or Corvus

Hyp doesn't even need the Dup. It helps. Buff Duration comes in handy. He's pretty sick. I think I did Safeguard in RTTL Chapter 3 with him, long before I Duped him. That was the 4*. Angela being another that doesn't need it, really. Only Mystics can Nullify. Don't commonly take a Cosmic in to fight a Mystic.
    Granted, Champs aren't totally useless Unduped. Still, those are only a couple examples that don't need it for the most part.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    It can go either way. I've duped Miles Morales and Iron fist on an account that only has 12 5 stars. Much rather would have pulled a new champ.
    Kil63 wrote: »
    It can go either way. I've duped Miles Morales and Iron fist on an account that only has 12 5 stars. Much rather would have pulled a new champ.

I'd take that. Miles was pretty bomb back in the day. He was the NC of his time. XD
    qbmaxnpbccwv.png

5 star Voodoo duped!? You lucky ass!! lol
    That M.O.D.O.K. and Bobby too.
    Vision and Blade, too. Wow......