**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Micro-lags/freeze (Android only?) [More Info Needed]

el_pequeño_bobel_pequeño_bob Posts: 24
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since the last update, I've been getting some fairly frequent short lags. They can really screw up game play if they come at the wrong time, even though they last for less than a second, typically. Occasionally, the game actually pauses itself following a big lag, leaving me with the 'quit fight'/'resume' screen. Not everyone in my alliance has noticed this but some have which makes me wonder if it's an android thing? I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I'd wonder whether it might be my phone but it only started doing this since the last update. Anyone else come across this?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Android here.

I have had this stutter "lag" maybe since v12 or at least I don't remember it before this date, but very occasionally.
    However at that time my nightmare was the crashes almost every 5 fights. Since v13 crashes are almost gone but now I have many fights stuttering.
    Usually always happening (but not only) against bosses and minibosses, even starting the fight my champs is unresponsive due this "lags" and eat a first combo or high punch. Many times it's enough to be out.
    But yep, a fight with this lag is either you lose the fight or you lose your HP.
  • MaklerkaMaklerka Posts: 4
    Same problems.. really annoying
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Sorry that you're all getting little bits of lag like that. I see that you've each provided a little bit of information, but you all let me know which devices you're seeing this on, and if there are any game modes or specific champions that you see it more frequently with? Thanks.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I use an Ipad4 and have experienced this in the game since it started. It happens in almost every fight when the first buff , debuff or ability triggers , especially against high end content.
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    Same here on both iPad mini-4 and iPhone 7+ both on latest iOS version. Started in 12.0 patch. See it on most aggressive AI fights. The worst one is when you can't move at all and eat a heavy attack. You can see this with parry timing as well, you hit block, block happens half a second later or sometimes not at all and you eat a combo. This lag makes you feel like you have no control over your champ in a fight... very frustrating and not fun.
  • 27742774 Posts: 3
    I am using the new samsung A5 and was having the same issues with my samsung S6. Game freezes in all game modes. Mainly at end of fight the loading screen just hangs there indefinately. Have to restart the game and have either lost the fight or occassionally fight recovery kicks in.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    7 edge here, it happens once in a blue for me
    edited July 2017
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Sorry that you're all getting little bits of lag like that. I see that you've each provided a little bit of information, but you all let me know which devices you're seeing this on, and if there are any game modes or specific champions that you see it more frequently with? Thanks.

Game Modes:
    Bosses and SemiBosses in AQ/AW.
    Buffed nodes.
    And almost evey high end content.

Specific Champions:
    The lags ones: Dormmamu, Mordo, GR, Cable, GP, Phoenix, Hood...
    Well almost any Mystic and any champs with sparkles, fire, particles, smoke, invisibility.
    For example Magik and Guille are fine until they do their sparkled sp3.
    Same for Stages, specially the Ultron Stage and sometimes the asteroid with "geysers".

Plus, once you faced those lags makers the lags remain until the app crash or you restart the app.
    I'm guessing it's a memory leaks problem.

A good temporal "fix" could be graphics settings form enable/disable those effects.
    At least it could "fix" the lag related to champs and stages. No sure about nodes and bosses.
    edited July 2017
    Tman0971 wrote: »
    Same here on both iPad mini-4 and iPhone 7+ both on latest iOS version. Started in 12.0 patch. See it on most aggressive AI fights. The worst one is when you can't move at all and eat a heavy attack. You can see this with parry timing as well, you hit block, block happens half a second later or sometimes not at all and you eat a combo. This lag makes you feel like you have no control over your champ in a fight... very frustrating and not fun.
    Right, the lag break the timing then your play skill is totally gone. You're parried, intercepted, blocked, counter attacked almost every time with no defense because your champ is unresponsive and he don't block, evade, parry, even attack.

Another bug when the game stutter is your punches don't land, no matter if the punch was already in the AI face when the microfreeze happen, the AI can counter attack you like if your punch never happened when the microfreeze end.
    Spent 18 months mastering skills to play this game and all that all pretty much taken away with 12.0. Kabam needs to fix this game in a bad way!
  • EvenstarEvenstar Posts: 10
    Hello, I have the same issues on iPad, the model is MD510HC/A, lagging as heck, and is impossible to have a lag since I just buy the iPad, and the internet working very swell with 1000/s.
    FYI... Patch 14.0 fixed none of these issues for me. Anyone else?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    If anything after 14.0 it's worse
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    If anything after 14.0 it's worse

You know what, I didn't want to admit it because I don't want to believe it... but I think you are right.
    Parry is worse than ever from what I'm seeing. The release notes have this:
    "Increased the transition speed in and out of the block animation. Animation transition speed should now be consistent across all characters"
    Was hoping this would mean better parry and not being GLUED to your opponent's fists when he's attacking you while blocking. I was wrong.

I see it like this, they keep giving us the little 'crumb' fixes with character issues, obscure fixes like the one above which doesn't really tell you anything, and continue ignore the FUNDAMENTAL fight mechanics that were broke since 12.0... these micro-lag as we're calling it, being the worst.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I'm on Android Galaxy S8+ and since the last update I've had this issue A LOT. Doesn't matter what champion I use, sometimes it will randomly stutter/freeze/lag and I will miss a parry and die. Not only that, but at the end of fights, the game will force close (luckily the fight is still recorded as being won). I think it is due to a memory leak issue. But that's just a random guess.
  • el_pequeño_bobel_pequeño_bob Posts: 24
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

@Kabam Wolf have you had any luck investigating this? The lags happen everywhere, AQ, AW and Questing (5.2). I just got killed in AW because the game lagged when I tried to evade and it didn't respond. Champs are completely unresponsive during the lag. Lags also interrupt combos, ending them prematurely or incorrectly registering an attack (e.g. medium registered as light). Could this be addressed as a priority?