**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4*R3 OM Logan, Captain America (classic), Rocket Raccoon

HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
Which should I level first? Only have enough tier 4 catalysts for one to level. Inb4: still a noob at this game. I like Cap because his defence is ace, but Rocket’s attack in super high but had a glass chin... I’m a fan of OML because of his berserk... I think they’re all mid tier champs but want to level one as they’re the only 4* I have. Thanks in advance

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    If you don't HAVE to rank them, don't, I prefer you wait a little
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    This is a comment I posted a while ago, but I’ve still been using my 5/50 in the last chapter of Act 5 last week. He’s always on my AQ team as well. Anyway, here it is:

His regen is already really good, his health comes back far faster than you’d expect especially with recovery and it’s permanent. You’re not relying on random chance, it’s there in every fight and not reliant on power levels. You say compared to wolverine he’s nothing, but I would never trade Logan for wolverine myself. Wolverine has better healing yes, but a lot of the time when you’re on full health it just isn’t needed, Logan’s can undo the occasional bit of chip damage you might take from a parry or a few blocked hits, but he’s also not going to take forever to knock the opponent out. His bleed chance doesn’t need to be increased if you know how to use him. Build the pacifism first by baiting specials and you can get a lot of bleeds from a single sp2.

I frequently get 5 or more stacks and it can do a lot of damage. Say you have 3 pacifism charges, that means he can apply up to 12 bleeds on one sp2. Up to 3 sig bleeds per hit, plus 3 normal bleeds from his sp2 attack. So with 5 Charges you could get up to 18 and with 7 you could get up to 24. It’s highly unlikely you’ll ever see the full amount but it is possible.

Alternatively you can wait for berserk and scale up his normal sp2 bleeds. One stack can easily go over 600 damage per tick, now just imagine getting 2 or 3 with deep wounds, or combining those with his sig bleeds. Berserk is nice too, his attack goes right up and the cruelty makes sure crits hit even harder. Sp1 pierces 100% armour, so anything with armour up is still taking big damage. Berserk means that he can deal with bleed immunes just fine as well, let that trigger and use sp1 for big damage. One more thing to mention here, pacifism is acquired in two ways. When the opponent uses a special attack and whenever he loses 10% health. You do NOT have to take damage to build pacifism.

On top of that he shrugs off bleed 85% faster so you can use him on bleed nodes without an issue. His regen counters the bleed whilst it’s active (willpower almost cancelling it out altogether) and then you can regen back any lost health in a very short amount of time. Below is just one example of what he can be capable of and I’ve seen a lot more than that as well. It’s not a rare occurrence for this to happen (if you use him correctly) He’s definitely above average in my opinion and I’ve used him in Act 5 and uncollected EQs where he always comes in handy. Solid AQ champ as well, you can go from 1% to 100% in a couple of fights without too much trouble and being able to go through bleed nodes is great to have. Not a bad champ by any means, just overlooked and misunderstood sadly. lmdl2twaen3b.png
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    If you don't HAVE to rank them, don't, I prefer you wait a little

Ah ye probably the wisest choice, just gotta resist the temptation!
  • HfchangHfchang Posts: 186
    @MegaSkater67 I actually found your post about OML in some general research. I do like him! Thanks for sharing again
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    For a new player Cap is very forgiving because of the high block proficiency which is very useful if your intercept and evade game isn't strong. You can regularly get 3 combos with the AI stun/combo locked with good SP timing and I find his style very smooth and easy to play.

Rocket is still a glass cannon no matter how high you rank but his SP2 will wreck most AI in lower to medium content even at R3.

I just don't love OML but used well he is fairly durable, you will get wasted using him against mystics with MD