**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magik is too powerful.

So let me get this straight, kabam, you nerfed regen champs in alliance wars and for what reason? They were too powerful? Yet a magik can be put on basically any node and can full wipe your team just from her limbo. That seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think? That's not even including the fact that she can have mystic dispersion to further add to the limbo frequency. And to all those that will say "well you can use your own magik to counteract her limbo" you obviously haven't fought a 5* magik that's immune to debuffs.

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Technically, it is an ability so it can be avoided if you use the correct champs. Similar to Electro, you take damage unless you use an ability reducing champ (or power control in Magik's case) to counter. I agree that Magik's Limbo damage on boss or mini-boss nodes seems a little too heavy, but people in my ally have solo'd a Magik boss in tier 1 so she's not impossible.

The simplest fix (as always) is to tweak dexterity to not activate MD or allow us to evade projectiles without having the Dex mastery. This would slow down the Limbo chances, but that's a different convo getting into the MD mastery.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    It is impossible to avoid LIMBO , theres no such thing as the right champ. The node in AW where champ starts with 1 bar of power is an example. ive seen 4/55 Majik on that node wipe out 3 sets of teams easily. Shes doing like 400 damage per tic. Yes you can use regen champs to get around some of the damage but not one hero is immune to limbo.

I think Limbo should be able to be staggered or even buff stolen by Loki or Rogue. Then we would have a different game entirely and then we might see other champs in AW on offense and defense.

Over all i think any buff that shows up should be stealable. There seems to be some that can be staggered and others that cannot. Make buffs equal.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    Technically, it is an ability so it can be avoided if you use the correct champs. Similar to Electro, you take damage unless you use an ability reducing champ (or power control in Magik's case) to counter. I agree that Magik's Limbo damage on boss or mini-boss nodes seems a little too heavy, but people in my ally have solo'd a Magik boss in tier 1 so she's not impossible.

The simplest fix (as always) is to tweak dexterity to not activate MD or allow us to evade projectiles without having the Dex mastery. This would slow down the Limbo chances, but that's a different convo getting into the MD mastery.

To my knowledge, there's not a power control champ that can avoid it completely. Ability reducing champs can completely avoid Electro's damage. That's strategy. For power control, you have to get a special before you can power lock/power drain her, and she'll have the chance to activate Limbo when she hits her special first. Power control champs are the best option, but they can't prevent it. There should be some game mechanic that's built in that allows players to counter Limbo, Coldsnap, degen, etc. Forcing players to take damage that cannot be countered is dumb. The best strategy is to minimize the chance that you'll take damage, but there's no counter to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'd support these things in the game if I knew how to counter it.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Dormammu might be a good counter if you use shorter combos. Instead of the regular 5 hit combo maybe try M,L,M or M,M to be able to power drain without needing specials. I don't have him so I haven't tried this but it might work. Pretty sure a duped mordo can also reduce limbo damage when blocking. Can't completely avoid it but at least he can take less damage.
    I'm saying that ability reducing champs work as well. This includes BW, crossbones, voodoo, gwenpool, etc. They can bypass the long Limbo which is the one that really hurts. Psylocke can bypass this by simply getting a 5 hit combo, then the opponent doesn't gain power when hit. This doesn't account for mystic D of course, but a Magik on an sp1 node as @jeyrey2000 noted should not be that big of a problem. Treat her (and dorm works for this too) like electro and you'll be much better off. Reduce ability and try not to evade basic attacks.
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    I'm saying that ability reducing champs work as well. This includes BW, crossbones, voodoo, gwenpool, etc. They can bypass the long Limbo which is the one that really hurts. Psylocke can bypass this by simply getting a 5 hit combo, then the opponent doesn't gain power when hit. This doesn't account for mystic D of course, but a Magik on an sp1 node as @jeyrey2000 noted should not be that big of a problem. Treat her (and dorm works for this too) like electro and you'll be much better off. Reduce ability and try not to evade basic attacks.

I have a sig 99 BW that I use with Quake and Hawkeye. I'll give that a shot next time I see her in AW.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    maybe the answer is to ask for an opponent power reduction synergy.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    spumington wrote: »
    To my knowledge, there's not a power control champ that can avoid it completely.

Sure there is

Magik
    Acanthus wrote: »
    spumington wrote: »
    To my knowledge, there's not a power control champ that can avoid it completely.

Sure there is

Magik

In my experience, AI Magik will gain her sp1 and sp2 before you get your sp2. That's two times that she has a chance to trigger Limbo, even using Magik.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Ran into a magik the other day with my crossbones, I used to think instant death between limbo and MD. I decided to be aggressive, and throughout the fight only triggered one limbo, I was able to get enough furies to prevent it. Obviously this changes if you get an annoying AI that won't use specials, and furies run out. very risky, but that one instance a fairly easy fight
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    magik does work well against magik as does vision and dormamu. Dormamu is a better defender than magik in my opinion but less people have him as a duped 5*
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I haven't seen anyone mention Quake yet.
    Takes practice but I enjoy fighting Magik with "Quake charging".

I can't quite recall if MD has an effect while using her besides the occasional dexterity usage.
    Beating Magik without her ever getting a bar of power is...tricky yet very satisfying. :)
  • SudubuSudubu Posts: 3
    xxVINMANxx wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention Quake yet.
    Takes practice but I enjoy fighting Magik with "Quake charging".

I can't quite recall if MD has an effect while using her besides the occasional dexterity usage.
    Beating Magik without her ever getting a bar of power is...tricky yet very satisfying. :)

Yeah but you (and a lot more people) are forgetting that I'm talking about a debuff immune magik.
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    Ahh gotcha. Yea that makes things much worse
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,190 ★★★★★
    Has anyone tried Energy Resistance and Serum Science Max?
  • Nemsa_M4nNemsa_M4n Posts: 97
    Winter Soldier can power drain before she gets the chance to reach a power bar. Used with crit synergy will help your chances with him. I've used mine and not triggered limbo once using him. There are options. But I do agree that taking unavoidable damage is quite a dishonest function implemented by the game team.
  • PsyCriPsyCri Posts: 19
    All champs that reduce enemy defensive ability accuracy! With a 4* will be difficult to solo a magik as a boss but with a 5* if u do it right u can solo a 200k boss magik! for example a 5* Gwenpool can kill her easy (not that easy on de buff immune but she may be able to solo here there too,if not solo sure deal some very high damage) but CB,Falcon,(i don't prefer widow any more but she can also deal some damage),Psylock(after a lot of practice)Archangel(but obviously only when magik is not on a de buff immune spot) power burn champs may not kill her but they can do some work,Karnak an other option but probably the less good according to he rest and also I m not suggesting this BUT guilotine deal double damage magik when u have used a special 2 on her and her limbo activates... u will die fast BUT if the signature ability of guilotine is 99 you will have some nice chances to steal life and stay alive more (ofc this is not referring to debuff immune) I just wanna say I didn't mention quake because she is a hard champ,she can't bring u amazing results unless learn her perfect!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don't like quake against stun immune magik
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Magik's limbo is just a way to get money from our pockets in LOL and AW! Kabam needs revenue, please leave magik alone. she is working as intended!!!!
  • Ranger1914Ranger1914 Posts: 22
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Magik's limbo is just a way to get money from our pockets in LOL and AW! Kabam needs revenue, please leave magik alone. she is working as intended!!!!

And yet you are the one who was calling for them to nurf star lord you just like picking fights don't you lol
    Magik is not powerful, she is just a power burn/lock machine. Do LOL with magik and you will see she aint that powerful.
  • SudubuSudubu Posts: 3
    PsyCri wrote: »
    All champs that reduce enemy defensive ability accuracy! With a 4* will be difficult to solo a magik as a boss but with a 5* if u do it right u can solo a 200k boss magik! for example a 5* Gwenpool can kill her easy (not that easy on de buff immune but she may be able to solo here there too,if not solo sure deal some very high damage) but CB,Falcon,(i don't prefer widow any more but she can also deal some damage),Psylock(after a lot of practice)Archangel(but obviously only when magik is not on a de buff immune spot) power burn champs may not kill her but they can do some work,Karnak an other option but probably the less good according to he rest and also I m not suggesting this BUT guilotine deal double damage magik when u have used a special 2 on her and her limbo activates... u will die fast BUT if the signature ability of guilotine is 99 you will have some nice chances to steal life and stay alive more (ofc this is not referring to debuff immune) I just wanna say I didn't mention quake because she is a hard champ,she can't bring u amazing results unless learn her perfect!

Again, everything you say is invalid because on a debuff immune node you can't reduce her ability accuracy.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    It is impossible to avoid LIMBO , theres no such thing as the right champ. The node in AW where champ starts with 1 bar of power is an example. ive seen 4/55 Majik on that node wipe out 3 sets of teams easily. Shes doing like 400 damage per tic. Yes you can use regen champs to get around some of the damage but not one hero is immune to limbo.

I think Limbo should be able to be staggered or even buff stolen by Loki or Rogue. Then we would have a different game entirely and then we might see other champs in AW on offense and defense.

Over all i think any buff that shows up should be stealable. There seems to be some that can be staggered and others that cannot. Make buffs equal.

I might have stated this earlier but magik can be concussed and her limbo won't trigger. I did it with gambits sp2. So try him out.
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »

I might have stated this earlier but magik can be concussed and her limbo won't trigger. I did it with gambits sp2. So try him out.

The counters to magik are:

Archangel Neurotoxin
    Gwenpool Signature ability plus power lock
    Quake
    Gambit
    OG Vision
    Magik herself
    Again, everything you say is invalid because on a debuff immune node you can't reduce her ability accuracy.[/quote]

You definitely CAN reduce ability accuracy on debuff immune nodes. There are fewer options (no elektra, AA, quake), but widow, bones, Falcon, gwenpool, voodoo, etc can still do it as they do not accomplish ability reduction through debuffs. It's obviously not the easiest thing to do, but there are options besides brute force and complete luck.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited May 2017
    If any node is your concern you should get and use pacify mastery. Manage the power meter and time your parry right and you can negate limbo.

8ospcxa18wn4.png

A lot of players mentioning champ specific work arounds, but ive found this mastery works best, especially when used with a power control champ.

I can understand complaints about her on immune nodes or boss node, as pacify is no longer affective, but all other nodes she is more than managable with pacify.

Hope this helps! :)