**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is buffing old champs worth to you?

New champs bring in the FGMC revenue for Kabam, so buffing old champs that badly need buffed is not really high on their priority list, understandably. But what if, hypothetically, you could have the option to pay certain amount monthly that was guaranteed to go towards buffing one old champ every month. How much would you pay, if anything?

(First time posting by the way, but this question was eating at me. Also, I know it wouldn’t ever be this straightforward, but I liked the idea of this hypothetical situation.)

What is buffing old champs worth to you? 86 votes

Nothing (I’m ftp or just don’t need it)
69%
DL864VegetaspiderclopsCaptain_KandiceSnakeEyes69ShrimkinsDrZolaRedBaron99BrainimpacterNabiletyJestressCapWW2SaiyanINTEGRALStefanjonesDrenlinzuffyadqqedfyvrOutsiderguaMrLalowSpeedbump 60 votes
$10 or less
12%
CoachiditeDuke_SilverStrJohn757TheKiryuAleorV1PER1987hope4tgXxOriginalxXChaosisinfinte117MrGamer 11 votes
$11-$20
8%
fish8sixCassyMauricek80My_SuperiorBahamutjoke1004Neotwism 7 votes
$21-$50
0%
$51-$99
0%
At least $100
9%
ProtoixSavio444WerewrymNext2HellMaidrilSknZnLegendJRGSPIDERMANANTMAN 8 votes

Comments

• PsychomaticPsychomatic Posts: 10
    I’d probably be in the $15 range right now, maybe more in the future, if it meant that some characters I like (colossus, groot, carnage to name a few) were fun to play with. Not looking for god-tier.

Some characters probably wouldn’t need much change either. Add a solid SP1 to spider-gwen and she’d probably be a fun character to play.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Sucks I’m f2p
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    pay for a buff on groot?

wtf
    pay for a buff on groot?

wtf

Your comment made me laugh (in an enjoyable way) and I know you’re not alone in this sentiment. If I could guarantee Groot would go from a depressing waste of crystal shards to a fun champ to use like LC or rulk then yep, I’d pay a little to make that happen.

• DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i wish they do that, but why we should pay for old champs. maybe i miss the point here

Believe me, I wish that they would buff older champs that need it with the revenue they get and the resources they have, then I never would have had a reason to think of this question in the first place. Sadly for the old champs though, resources will continue to be prioritized to the next great champ(s) because that’s where the revenue is at, which makes sense as a business strategy. It’s just sad for the old champs who get left by the wayside, but could be at least fun to play (and much less frustrating to pull) with some improvements.

Ultimately, I was just curious who else out there would, like me, spend a bit more (or at all) if we knew it was solely going to upgrading the old champs. (Again, a hypothetical and probably unrealistic real-life situation) Its definitely not going to be for everyone.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    $10 or less
    It’s worth putting behind all the **** that happened this month if they updated people
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I’m past the point where I would pay even nominally for something to get repaired that was broken in the first place.

Dr. Zola
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Beyond the slight changes you see here and there in each update to the characters randomly, introducing new versions of champions like the Infinity War Cap/Iron Man, and buffing through synergies (like Antman now with Ghost/Wasp) - I wouldn't hold your breath for any more major reworks of champions like we had with the RH/LC beta.

They are having to take time and money away from their main focus (new content and characters that make $$) to rework older characters that people already have in their roster for the most part. I would guarantee they ran this last beta, saw the reaction (largely positive) and then looked at the cost analysis that came out of it - and saw they made zero money off it. They are a business. As we saw from the last month or so, they clearly have a lot of other things they have to work out and while the beta itself was successful for US as players, I don't think they over there would consider it a must for other characters when they can just go the easy/lazy way and either synergy them (requiring you to pay or grind for the new champs to match) or release a new, shiny version that's way more OP than the one you have and probably duped 17 times (like my iron man/iron patriot/war machine/superior iron man, ant-man, Spiderman/Miles Morales/Symbiote Spiderman). I wouldn't expect anything different from here on out and I'll be pleasantly surprised if they fix more, or do a major overhaul like they did with Luke Cage and Red Hulk.

Let's put it this way: Resources there are gonna either go into another beta to fix old champs everyone already has? Or to fix the bugs and overheating and emergency maintenance and billion other issues happening every month now it seems? I know which one threatens their bottom line more, and that's whats gonna get done every time.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    You gonna pay for bug fixes next? Or other types of fixes? I know this is hypothetical and all but this would set a precedent so bad that other companies will go after this so hard it'll cause another EA BF2 lootbox level scandal.

We should NOT pay for them to buff champs, it's something that should/could be done to better the experience of players. If the only way to buff champs would be by paying, then leave ALL the champs the same.

Think about the long term effects of this game and other if the developer knew they could charge to fix/improve the game outside things like actual new content.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    old champs should be given their pre-nerf state back for free, there is new champs better than any of them ever were before Kabam nerfed them.
    I'm not entirely FTP but there was no option for them to return them to pre-nerf for free
  • FlatFlat Posts: 11
    As for me, updating the classic champs is something I really want. However paying for a buff isn't what I want. Kabam should create updated versions of the classic characters and bring them thru just like the new champs. Upon getting the new versions it should simply over write the old champ at the same signature level they currently are. They should really enhance these beloved champs to power out these weak character monsters they are coming out with now.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    Rather than adjust and evolve game meta, they'd rather continue their clumsy magpie approach.

Need a nut cracking? Here's a sledgehamm... oooh shiny new champion!

As Kabam haven't set a precedent for evolving the meta, they'll just keep creating hard counters to problems that in turn, create new problems.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m past the point where I would pay even nominally for something to get repaired that was broken in the first place.

Dr. Zola

Amen, brother
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89
    Paying money for a champ you already own just so they can be relevant to play is ridiculous
    Slickpetey wrote: »
    Paying money for a champ you already own just so they can be relevant to play is ridiculous

I guess I’d rather pay to see something I own get better than spend to chase the newly released champs. And tbh, it’s not just about the ones you already own... the older champs are being released as higher stars. I’d rather they be worth the shards spent. Either that or just keep them out of the pool.

Saiyan wrote: »
    You gonna pay for bug fixes next? Or other types of fixes? I know this is hypothetical and all but this would set a precedent so bad that other companies will go after this so hard it'll cause another EA BF2 lootbox level scandal.

We should NOT pay for them to buff champs, it's something that should/could be done to better the experience of players. If the only way to buff champs would be by paying, then leave ALL the champs the same.

Think about the long term effects of this game and other if the developer knew they could charge to fix/improve the game outside things like actual new content.

I hadn’t really drawn a parallel in my mind between bug fixes (which should be prioritized to keep the game a working product and avoid bad reviews) and updating old champs (which is completely optional in terms of prioritization). I get the fact that they have seemed to have placed both as lower priorities (other than a few “hot” item bugs) makes it easy to bucket them together, but they shouldn’t be.

I guess to answer your question: would I pay extra for bug fixes? Heck no. Would I pay extra for guaranteed old character improvement? Yes, I would.

I see improving old characters as equatable to new content though.

DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

I get the demoralization that comes with the current state of the game and built up over the last year or so (has it been longer? I can’t remember...) I’m just holding out hope that there is a turnaround at some point. I guess we’ll see.

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    $10 or less
    I wouldn’t pay monthly but I would pay around $10 as a one time thing if they buffed all the old outdated champs. But mainly because they’re all iconic characters that people know. If the first champs were obscure like Masacre, DV, Domino, and Punisher 2099 I would say no. It’s only because of the characters I grew up to love like Gambit and Cyclops and Magneto that are complete trash but I would love to play with them daily.
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    A monthly fee, for them to capitalize on a certain *outdated* champion that lack relevance in newer in-game content? No, I wouldn't pay for that - why should I pay for them to revamp a champion that they put out for me to obtain, to deal with in-game content? That's like giving me a banana to hammer a nail, instead of a hammer (I don't know why this analogy came to mind). If I paid to upgrade for a hammer, I'd be looking like those republicans in the "Who Is America?" show. Also, I don't think it'd be good for the course of the game, if they'd start requesting a fee for every thing that needed adjustment to better *their* game.
    With all due respect, it's an insidious solution!
    Nabilety wrote: »
    Also, I don't think it'd be good for the course of the game, if they'd start requesting a fee for every thing that needed adjustment to better *their* game.
    With all due respect, it's an insidious solution!

But they already charge a “fee” for everything all the adjustments in the game... it’s the money anyone pays now. This solution would at least guarantee (hypothetically) that part of that fee would go towards a positive adjustment to content that most people have now or will get in the future. People are already getting banana’s to hammer nails, often times at hammer price or more. This would guarantee the bananas are going to become hammers at some point.

Either that or they need to stop handing out bananas. (Please let’s keep this analogy going...lol)
  • KillerDynastyKillerDynasty Posts: 74
    Ok lets trying something here you are saying pay to buff old champs? If you are willing to pay for old champions to get buffed would that not be the same or less effective than gears? Simply put what are asking could easily be fixed buy having gears. specifically create for said champion for 10 bucks life time. If a recalled right the community was against the idea since we all felt Kabam would abuse it and abuse us and only cater to the whales. they could easily fix nerfed champions with gears that are permanent.