**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No Thank You To Infinity Dungeons

I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t want Infinity Dungeons to return with 19.1. They were cute during the first week when they were shiny and new, but then they became the stupidest thing ever. Hell, after the first week, I didn’t play them for the rest of the Event. Why in the hell would I want to play them again?

I’m going to give the biggest con of playing them based on my own experiences. And yes, I have read the updates you’ve done to them. But, you can’t polish a turd and call it a diamond.

Alliance Grouping: I don’t know about anyone else’s Alliance, but pretty much all of my Alliance (save for one or two people) quit playing them after the first week or two. And those that still did them, were across the globe from where I was (so for me it was nighttime and I was asleep and it was daylight for them). Before I quit, I was literally begging to try and find someone to do them with me and getting no responses before I said, “F it”.

Random Stranger Grouping: I tried this method in trying to do them and found that about 98% of the players I was team with either did not speak the same language as me or were complete morons. These people would either not follow directions when you would use the “I’m going this direction” button and come down the same path as you, bring the entirely wrong class of characters for that days challenge, or would not move at all and left me to sit there until the timer ran out and waste my characters. I could count the number of people I got matched up with that were the opposite of the above listed on one hand and still have fingers left over.

Maximum Effort, Little Reward, Exhorbant Prices: I really tried as hard as I could to go as far as I could in the Dungeons. However, the amount of Dust you got for doing them was not worth the effort put in to doing them. This on top of the insane prices for some of the items in the Dust Store was, once again, not worth it in the long run. I don’t think I spent what little Dust I got before I quit doing them, so that was all gone in the next update.

While I get you were trying something different, this was another in a long line of stupid side quests that people complained about daily in the general chat of the game (between the reams of sexual **** that you don’t bother to police on there). I ask of you to not bring these back. They weren’t fun the first time and they aren’t going to be any more fun just because you tried fixing them. Just let it die in the pile of stupid ideas you had.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I like 'em.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    They're fun, and the theory is nice. Except we depend on collaboration and teamwork almost EVERYWHERE in the game already. 24 hour AQ & AW are enough. Depending on other people to both do their job and keep doing it is extremely frustrating. People quit after one round and you've used up your best team. No thanks from me too.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    edited July 2018
    The only question for me first time a lot of downtime came along with dungeons, will this be happening again or are there steps taken in preventing it this time? Time will tell....
    SuperFarz wrote: »
    The only question for me first time a lot of downtime came along with dungeons, will this be happening again or are there steps taken in preventing it this time? Time will tell....

Considering the major downtime less than a month ago, I doubt there are steps taken to do anything except stop people from doing what they want.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They were boring and tedious as hell and I for one am not exactly thrilled that they are coming back, after the first week or so I got bored of them and thought that the payoff sucked for the amount of time you needed to put in to get the highest and best rewards.

I'll check them out but if they're more of the same then I'll pass on doing more of them
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    I throughly enjoyed dungeons. I’m in Canada and my dungeon mate was in Singapore. We’d get it done before I went to sleep and as he was eating breakfast. I did the milestones everyday for 6 weeks. 30-45mins per day. Got 3 5* crystals out it. Better then doing arenas for 3-4 hours a day everyday.

Also my wife did her dungeons everyday as well.

Why not just do dungeons with your wife lol

Maybe she was just at a lower level

She was/is at a lower level. I still helped her sometimes. But it’s her game to play with or against anyone she wants to. She didn’t want to do dungeon room 6.
    I throughly enjoyed dungeons. I’m in Canada and my dungeon mate was in Singapore. We’d get it done before I went to sleep and as he was eating breakfast. I did the milestones everyday for 6 weeks. 30-45mins per day. Got 3 5* crystals out it. Better then doing arenas for 3-4 hours a day everyday.

Also my wife did her dungeons everyday as well.

Why not just do dungeons with your wife lol

Maybe she was just at a lower level

She was/is at a lower level. I still helped her sometimes. But it’s her game to play with or against anyone she wants to. She didn’t want to do dungeon room 6.

Build a dungeon room 6 in your basement and lock her in until she says yes.

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    If you don't like them, don't do them.
    It's as easy as that :smile:
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i like them, we should do one next month
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I ain't gonna waste my time with them
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Sorry u don’t like them. As with any content, feel free to not play it. I’m 100% for more and diverse content types. It gives people more choices of game modes so they can play what they enjoy and what helps their account progression. Play what u enjoy. Dungeons are fun to jump into every now and then. And I never had a shortage of people to play with. Maybe u need better friends.
    Map 6, 2 floors was fast and easy points. And it was fun to play real time with friends in a cooperative game mode. Also dungeons are a useful alliance recruitment tool.

So all in all I’m glad they’re coming back. I wish they’d stay. Will I play them every day? Probably not, but I don’t play arena every day either.
    But “take this piece of content out of the game solely because I don’t like it” is a selfish position to take. The solution is not play it. Not petition it’s removal.