**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Goldpool arena results discrepancy

EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
In the second Goldpool arena, the winners of the first round,ie, the first 200, should've been excluded. It looks like they were included in the second round or people could join without a gold ticket.

In the first round I made 8.3 mil and ranked 320. In the second I made 11.6 and ranked 760. This means that the bottom of the first 200 scored at least 5 mil more, which is unlikely without the previous winners or if people joined without a gold ticket. This should've been the same group of people as the first round and the probability of their performance increasing two fold is very unlikely.

Please check and make sure that the winners of first 200 is excluded from the second round. If not, you should reward 1-10% with Goldpools as well.

Comments

• RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    the cut off was just much higher since more people grinded harder for him
  • 4LKFT4LKFT Posts: 32
    Last arena cutoff was 15kk and only whose who had ticked could rerun it except whose who scored enough. Y cutoff for rerun was so high knows only kabam
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Are you only going by whether or not they already have a Goldpool, because 5* Goldpool was available in the gold crystals. So there were probably players in the rerun that already had a goldpool. This is if I understood your post correctly.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    4LKFT wrote: »
    Last arena cutoff was 15kk and only whose who had ticked could rerun it except whose who scored enough. Y cutoff for rerun was so high knows only kabam

People had lots of time to prepare. Between that and the fact that many people were inactive because of the heating issue, they were thirsty. When a Champ is that exclusive, the drive is greater.
  • 4LKFT4LKFT Posts: 32
    All we know about it - this game began to be a BS
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    4LKFT wrote: »

Actually, this was not surprising. The first cutoff was surprisingly low given how high the qualifying rounds went for. Whenever the cutoff is surprisingly low in the arena, if there is a second round that cutoff tends to be higher, sometimes dramatically so (and vice versa). For example, way back when Nightcrawler was the featured champ in 2016 the first round cutoff was surprisingly low, seven million, and the second round jumped to eleven million as a result.

A lot of people didn't try hard the first time around because they saw the qualifying round cutoffs above twenty million and climbing and didn't think they had a shot in the actual 5* goldpool arena. As a result, the cutoff was lower than expected. In the repeat, players that gave up in the first round pushed way harder in the second round, and there were way more than two hundred players in there capable of pushing much harder. Heck, I put seventeen million in the very first qualifying round so I knew that in the rerun the cutoff would jump way higher than fifteen million.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    There is a reason for the existence of a second goldpool arena.
    In the first arena, people got problems such as overheating and 8/9h downtime. That itself can explain why the cut-off of the first arena was so low
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    I could understand both reasons stated here: Heating issues prevented people + people tried harder.

My point is: How hard can you try? You can only increase as much as your roster allows. I myself did roughly 50% more which is acceptable for others. But since this is a closed group of people, don't you think a cutoff about twice as before is suspicious?

Plus, remember: We had issues to join arena as the game wasn't preventing entry. Kabam fixed this uncommonly quickly. I think there's a good chance people who shouldn't have participated in this arena actually did.

All I'm saying is they should investigate.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Is not all about the roster. It's about the amount of units / money spent.
    Someone with 3x 6-star champions can do 300kk points just by using the same team over and over again. Is something that still makes arenas having their "pay2win" side.
    Honestly I would like the option to refresh a champion removed, or have some kind of limit or cooldown between it. But hey, that's just me ...
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    That's actually a great idea will-o-the-wisp. Remove the ability to buy cool downs. That would at least prevent players "buying" their way into the top brackets. Definitely would even up the field in my view.

Then only people with top rosters would win champs and exclude newer players from ever winning a feature.

Doesn't sound like an even playing field to me.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    EgeC wrote: »
    I could understand both reasons stated here: Heating issues prevented people + people tried harder.

My point is: How hard can you try? You can only increase as much as your roster allows. I myself did roughly 50% more which is acceptable for others. But since this is a closed group of people, don't you think a cutoff about twice as before is suspicious?

Plus, remember: We had issues to join arena as the game wasn't preventing entry. Kabam fixed this uncommonly quickly. I think there's a good chance people who shouldn't have participated in this arena actually did.

Personally, I didn't go for him the first time and did the second time and got his pretty easily. More people who had the ability to put up 25M+ chose to do so this time around.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Is not all about the roster. It's about the amount of units / money spent.
    Someone with 3x 6-star champions can do 300kk points just by using the same team over and over again. Is something that still makes arenas having their "pay2win" side.
    Honestly I would like the option to refresh a champion removed, or have some kind of limit or cooldown between it. But hey, that's just me ...

Except that the Goldpool arena didn't have 6*s eligible for use in it.

A 10 million jump in the cutoff seems crazy to me as well. I would like Kabam to check and make sure that they didn't re-use old scores mixed in with the new scores, or that other people got in who weren't in before.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    In the second Goldpool arena, the winners of the first round,ie, the first 200, should've been excluded. It looks like they were included in the second round or people could join without a gold ticket.

In the first round I made 8.3 mil and ranked 320. In the second I made 11.6 and ranked 760. This means that the bottom of the first 200 scored at least 5 mil more, which is unlikely without the previous winners or if people joined without a gold ticket. This should've been the same group of people as the first round and the probability of their performance increasing two fold is very unlikely.

Please check and make sure that the winners of first 200 is excluded from the second round. If not, you should reward 1-10% with Goldpools as well.

He went for over 15 million the first time. You really think he was not desirable enough for people to at least push for that again?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Do people remember that there was an approximately 12 hour outage that happened during the first arena, too? 15M is a ridiculously low score for a 5* champ. People should’ve assumed that during a normal arena 20M would be the minimum.
  • quando213quando213 Posts: 82
    edited July 2018

Not suspicious at all. In regular 5* featured arenas (new champs), cutoff for top 150 is around 40-60 million. Many people thought Goldpool would go that high so they didn't even try (he's not worth it). Cutoff ended up being INSANELY low (15m for top 200). To give you an idea how low that is, the cutoff for 4* Void featured arena reached 20m. And that was for top 800. Those people are the most likely to have won 4* Deadpool and a golden ticket, or pull a ticket from crystals. So many people that were capable of getting 20m didn't go for Goldpool the first time around.

Since the cutoff was that low, many people went for him in the re-run. 11.6m is not high at all. For me it was like 8 runs of my 5* roaster, and I'm sure 760 people could have reached that point in the re-run.

I won 5* Goldpool in the re-run, and I can tell you that grind is not even as tiring as the 4* Deadpool grind. I don't think there's anything suspicious here.
  • MalkingreyMalkingrey Posts: 26
    I’m glad the grind was easy for you. I have never grinded more than 8 million and pushed myself like crazy to 24 million to just miss him !!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Nope. In the earlier 4* Goldpool arena events the average cutoff was in the mid-twenty million range. That means it was easily possible to score that high for a large number of players - larger than 200 given it happened every single run. In the repeat Goldpool 5* arena event, the cutoff seems to be about there. That's probably not a coincidence.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137

You forgot that we had a 9hour maintenance during that goldpool arena so the cut off was low at 15mil