**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can these 3 6* pulls be any worse?

2»

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Bahamut wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    You could have worse pulls, as they're all good... When they're awakened.

I think "good" is a bit of a stretch... They are all mediocre when duped, but in no MCoC world is Black Bolt's awakened ability good.

Sucks he gotta take damage to actually be bad ass lol

That got changed didn’t it?

Not damage from sp2. BB has to take damage to get fury and cruelty buffs. I think if they made these persistent charges so he could carry Fury and Cruelty between matches BB's utility would increase exponentially.

No if he’s awakened and lands a crit he gets a buff for a certain duration (not sure how long). If he has the synergy with Medusa, it’s permanent which makes him waaaaaaay better.

@V1PER1987 is right. Black Bolt used to only proc Fury and Cruelty upon getting hit, but this was changed some time ago. Now it can also proc on dishing out critical hits as well.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I think "good" is a bit of a stretch... They are all mediocre when duped, but in no MCoC world is Black Bolt's awakened ability good.

Not damage from sp2. BB has to take damage to get fury and cruelty buffs. I think if they made these persistent charges so he could carry Fury and Cruelty between matches BB's utility would increase exponentially.

No if he’s awakened and lands a crit he gets a buff for a certain duration (not sure how long). If he has the synergy with Medusa, it’s permanent which makes him waaaaaaay better.

Yeah I was assuming we all knew he had to be awakened to do that. I don't have Medusa so I wasn't fully aware of how her synergy with BB worked, I just knew he was much better teamed with her. Pretty much useless without Medusa it sounds like though. Its really dumb that without the Medusa synergy he has to take damage to consistently gain fury and cruelty and it only works for one fight. Then you have to take damage all over again in the next fight. Kind of a poor design imo that will hopefully get updated some day.

@V1PER1987 is right. Black Bolt used to only proc Fury and Cruelty upon getting hit, but this was changed some time ago. Now it can also proc on dishing out critical hits as well.

I was generically speaking because his fury and cruelty buffs on critical hits are very short and it is difficult to actually maintain high damage unless you get some of the lingering fury and cruelty buffs. Sorry I should have edited my post to be clear.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Yeah I was assuming we all knew he had to be awakened to do that. I don't have Medusa so I wasn't fully aware of how her synergy with BB worked, I just knew he was much better teamed with her. Pretty much useless without Medusa it sounds like though. Its really dumb that without the Medusa synergy he has to take damage to consistently gain fury and cruelty and it only works for one fight. Then you have to take damage all over again in the next fight. Kind of a poor design imo that will hopefully get updated some day.

This is his updated design. He's so much better than he was before.

I think a re-work is in order, though. He's another champ whose power level in the comics is leaps and bounds ahead of his capabilities here (like Magneto). To comic fans, the fact that Medusa is vastly superior to Black Bolt in this game is laughable. He deserves better.

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

So does hulk
    It's kabam, they could always be worse 😬😬
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    Could be zero pulls
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Could be zero pulls

Honestly that might be better because then I wouldn't have to deal with the disappointment of seeing them.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I can't understand why people are so down on Beast. I have him as a 6* and I love him!

He's one of my favorite AQ champs. With willpower, I take bleed nodes and only suffer 1-2 damage per tick. He is very durable and can take a lot of hits. And if you fire off an L2 or start the fight with less than 50% health, he goes into his acrobatic form, which reduces enemy power gain by 55%. I used him to take down several noded Morningstar mini bosses in AQ last week. He's especially adept at fighting the second one that has the power gain as he effectively shuts down the power gain node, making it a pretty standard fight. He lost 10%-15% of his health due to bleed/block damage...still didn't stop me from taking down both minibosses and several normal fights. He's also solid on the Dormammu boss for the same reason. He keeps the power under control. He rarely got to an L2. Plus, his animations are just cool.

I'm leaving his sig ability out of this since it's not relevant to this conversation (mine isn't duped either), but it does increase his damage output, power control, and sustainability.

Beast is a criminally underrated champ and he doesn't deserve people dumping on him all the time.

So much this. Beast is a very good champ and especially when awakened and it's a damn shame people have no clue why. His bleeds are actually good also if you don't need the power control. Jane at least can chain stun and has really high energy resistance (useful vs say a Magik in AQ), BB has a decent SP1 you can spam and poison immune.

I've only got 2 6* champs as of now which are Angela and DPX, so I got the upper end of the list and the very bottom. Very bitter sweet but at least DPX is decent enough for the EQ once things can bleed his SP2 ends things quickly. I would trade a 6* Sig 200 DPX for an Unawakened Beast any day (only reason I wouldn't is prestige reasons).
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    At least you have 3 lol i just have Rocket Raccoon
    At least you have 3 lol i just have Rocket Raccoon

Ew... Once again the case of "Too much trash in the 6* crystal"
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Could have DPX and Iron Fist like I do... Are those all from the 10k crystal? After I pulled 6* DPX from the generic 6* crystal I decided to try for the 15k featured 6* crystal and pulled myself an Iron Fist. If I hadn't done that I'd have my 3rd 6* already. Either way I feel your pain and we can only hope that these old champs will get an update at some point. (I think beast can be pretty good. He's definitely your best 6* champion so I would play around with him a bit)

I also have iron fist as 6* and he's great. I am using him in aq cosmic path and the out put of his damage are great
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Black Bolt, Yellow Jacket, Sentry.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    for me, JF is the worst 6* our there, I dare say I would even prefer IF to her. But yeah, those are 3 terrible pulls, I'm now gun shy myself. I really think we need to be able to re-pull, even just the once for the catastrophic pull fails ...

Or ya know they could buff the champs they absolutely know are terrible because they MADE A BOSS RUSH BASED ON BAD CHAMPIONS NOBODY WANTED...
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    you're still better than mine. Bb and Beast are ok pulls. they got utility and decent damage. consider a royal family synergy for BB. it would actually make him deal great damage for those long fights or if bb gets lucky with his buffs early on.

i got dpx for my 1st, rr 2nd. none are featured pulls. just nearing my 3rd hope i finally get something decent or at the least a dupe of any of the two. i would hate it if i get another trash like hb, etc...
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Could have DPX and Iron Fist like I do... Are those all from the 10k crystal? After I pulled 6* DPX from the generic 6* crystal I decided to try for the 15k featured 6* crystal and pulled myself an Iron Fist. If I hadn't done that I'd have my 3rd 6* already. Either way I feel your pain and we can only hope that these old champs will get an update at some point. (I think beast can be pretty good. He's definitely your best 6* champion so I would play around with him a bit)

wow some luck we got. 1 glass cannon champ and dpx. lol.

• FlatFlat Posts: 11
    I gamora 2x, beast witch I like also, and dpx which will be pretty good with a dupe. IMO

OneManArmy wrote: »
    Hela, red hulk and yondu was my first 3

Nice
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    My first pull was Nebula, who is honestly not bad in AQ. Then I pulled Loki and thought, well, at least the next pull has to be better than that. Turns out what's worse than pulling Loki in your second pull is awakening him in your third. Literally anything would have been better than that.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    My first pull was Nebula, who is honestly not bad in AQ. Then I pulled Loki and thought, well, at least the next pull has to be better than that. Turns out what's worse than pulling Loki in your second pull is awakening him in your third. Literally anything would have been better than that.

Loki is demi god tier with thor ragnarok and hela synergy
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Well Loki is better duped than unduped...

Well Loki is better duped than unduped...

You're not wrong... lol
  • GriffybetsGriffybets Posts: 23
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    I have 6* kingpin, black bolt and Hawkeye. I know how it feels to get screwed by them

My friend, you need to learn your Hawkeye. Spam your SP1 power drain and bleed. If you add deep wounds to your masteries you can bleed out and power control almost every champ in the game. Use 4-hit combos to start so by your 3rd combo you get your SP1 before your opponent can use theirs. The 3/4-hit combos from there.
  • GriffybetsGriffybets Posts: 23
    edited July 2018
    Rixob wrote: »
    jm77fh6wthy8.jpeg

On a scale of 1-10, how bad is this lol I’m so mad

Karnak from my first 10K, then a Lady Thor from a 15K feature. I quit my Gold1 alliance and spending money on this game after that.
    Griffybets wrote: »
    Rixob wrote: »
    jm77fh6wthy8.jpeg

On a scale of 1-10, how bad is this lol I’m so mad

Karnak from my first 10K, then a Lady Thor from a 15K feature. I quit my Gold1 alliance and spending money on this game after that.

Karnak is good against auto blockers tho and Thor jf can chain stun both are very underated in my opinion
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Wish i had that BB. Medusa would be even better with him.

Thor JF gets a bad rap.

TO me Beast is your worst one. I have Beast, JF, WS, and Yondu.