**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special one and two keep getting blocked!

Comments

• M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    lag on parry, sp1 and sp2 getting blocked during 5 combo hit or sometimes, 2 COMBO HIT! I spend so many unnecessary potion and boost to keep go foward so can complete quest.

Phone : oppo neo7
    Android : 5.1
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    I hardly use specials anymore, the window is so small! Stopped using a special at the end of a combo totally. This is a recent change but with lag making it difficult to move after a special and AI blocking specials or recovering so quickly they are pretty dangerous to use .
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    The window has gotten way smaller alright.
    For many champs with ranged specials, such as IM, SIM, IP, WS, CM, Hyp and so on, specials will land after a 4-hit combo. Seldom after a 5-hit combo.

This is an old situation rearing its ugly head again. Can’t remember when the old issue was fixed, but it’s back now.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109
    Bapoi wrote: »
    The window has gotten way smaller alright.
    For many champs with ranged specials, such as IM, SIM, IP, WS, CM, Hyp and so on, specials will land after a 4-hit combo. Seldom after a 5-hit combo.

This is an old situation rearing its ugly head again. Can’t remember when the old issue was fixed, but it’s back now.

Honestly I think the window is zero at this point.

Maybe I'll setup my GoPro on a mini tripod this weekend and record my fingers and the game screen to show how I'm not fumbling or being slow to press.
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Hulk's sp 1 is blocked everytime after a combo, unless the opponent is backed up against the wall. This occurs in every game mode (Arena, AQ, AW, EQ, etc...)
  • sickboy9sickboy9 Posts: 40
    It has happened to me several times, what's the point of having a power meter when you won't be able to use it, examples, CB vs X23 at Arena, NC vs Wolvie at Arena, Thor vs almost everyone, I think the ones that are actually are based on beams, physical attacks specials are practically encountering parry. Any word on this Kabam? You've a patch coming in a few days and not a single word about this, I don't tend to speak up, this is actually my first post regarding an issue, are we gonna wait a month or more?
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    Day by day this is really becoming annoying af, i gotta admit, they just keep getting blocked then i get hit even though i tried to use SP as fast as i could, and played perfectly. Changes made to specific champs, specific quests, annoying bugs in quest notifications or maybe temporary maintainances, player base can endure it, but the reducing in timing respond from AI will have a hugh impact on the players.
    Its side effects will be slow at first, but when many people acknowledge this and see video proofs, then test it out themselves, one day it'll suddenly end the game. One month ealier no one thinks this is anything huge, then Kabam! Game's gone.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Things have been sped up, I think since 18.0, maybe earlier. You have to hit your sp almost at the same time as you hit your last combo hit these days.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Kil63 wrote: »
    Things have been sped up, I think since 18.0, maybe earlier. You have to hit your sp almost at the same time as you hit your last combo hit these days.

If you manage to get the game to register you hitting it and don't get stalled enough for the AI to activate theirs.
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    There are so many **** glitches going on in this game that I don't even know where I should start! Blocking a champs attack is causing my champ to freeze, as if I've been parried by blocking their attack, and then I'm hit with a heavy so fast that it shouldn't even be possible. Parry only seems to work in the middle of blocking and AI combo. Is dexterity even a thing anymore? Can't evade anything. All of this **** happening in harder content means quick death for my champs, since 4 or 5 hits usually means instant death from the insanely buffed up champs that are being thrown at us. So over this ****.
  • DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 395 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    https://youtu.be/fzf7o1sKmtE

This gem from AW. Double parry and an auto block
  • BrutalFatalityBrutalFatality Posts: 20
    Being blocked before your special hits is nothing short of slow timing. If you want to see something truly impressive here is a clip of being blocked in the MIDDLE of a special.

https://youtu.be/qjcSgh4HPJE
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Being blocked before your special hits is nothing short of slow timing. If you want to see something truly impressive here is a clip of being blocked in the MIDDLE of a special.

https://youtu.be/qjcSgh4HPJE

"OH I'M A HURT RACOON AND I'M HIT NOPE NVM NO I'M NOT HAHA!"
  • BrutalFatalityBrutalFatality Posts: 20
    Seriously? Can anyone from Kabam respond to this please? The clip provided is very clear. The opponent takes the initial hit from a special as he begins to take bleed damage but then blocks the rest of it and counters immediately! On top of that the champion attacking is suppose to REDUCE the opponents defensive ability accuracy by 100%! Instead it seems to INCREASE the opponents defensive ability to MATRIX levels!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Device and Version: iPhone 7

Device Operating System: iOS 12.0

Cellular or WiFi: CenturyLink 500 MB/s

Game Version Installed: 19.0.1

Game Mode: Alliance War

Champions Affected: Dr. Voodoo, 5/65

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: AI recovers in time to block/parry a special attack mid-combo. This has been happening with Dr .Voodoo's sp2 since Story Act 5.4 was released last December.

Video:

https://youtu.be/Vwd1U9TytUc
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is something that the team has already been looking into, but if you can tell us what Champions you see this occur with, where you're seeing it (mode/quest, etc.), and who you're fighting against, that would be very helpful!

Thank you!

It happens all the time, all champs, all gameplay modes. It's definitely something that has been occurring since the last couple of updates. It's become such a problem that I now rely on launching a special only after a parry, and then, only as a first hit if I want to guarantee a successful implementation of the special - otherwise its 50/50 shot if it will connect or not. It used to be I could throw it at the end of a 5 hit combo and successfully strike the opponent everytime.

I am on a Samsung Note 8 T-Mobile, Android 8.0.0 . It makes no difference if I am on 4GLTE or a fast wireless internet

Also @Kabam Miike can't wait for Carnage's God Tier Buff when the Venom Movie comes out this Year. ^^ )

#BUFFCARNAGE
    #MCGA
    #MAKECARNAGEGREATAGAIN

cheers
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited August 2018

ONE UP INBOUND! How about getting your special blocked with NO HANDS???

https://youtu.be/FM2SHOJdO9c
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Red Skull sp1 and sp2 being blocked

Also, any way to increase the distance between the champs after his sp3? When I use him on offense the AI is right in my face after the animation drops.
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 107
    Hey everyone, we're still looking into this at the moment but will continue passing along the information you all are providing for further investigation.

Fix your game!! Not only this, but everything that you are looking into!!
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    AW fun today... this is beyond ridiculous at this point. Can’t even punish missed heavy attacks or you get dex’d and parried. How he was able to dex out of this is beyond me but watch the vid and you’ll see him do it.

4dgcdmpaq214.png

https://youtu.be/qJ9JbV_YUzk
  • Yayy, finally I'll use my spider gwen, SP1 😂
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Thor sp1, AA sp1 so far.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Hey everyone, we're still looking into this at the moment but will continue passing along the information you all are providing for further investigation.

So you guys are following this thread. Can we get an answer about AI recovery being sped up?
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    I think the lag spikes have been causing specials to not connect