**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Issues Investigation

Comments

• Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 153 ★★
    Scratchmaster23
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Amdroid Version 8.0
    Wifi & Cellular
    Game version 19.1
    Arena
    Randomly, within fights, the health and power bars become white blocks, with the damage numbers, buffs, and debuffs having boxes around them or blurred. After selecting champs for fights and accept all info becomes blurred and white blocks also. Sometimes when fighting in arenas will block or evade but champ stays still and gets smashed.
    Phone also gets really hot within 5-10 mins of playing, so much so have now bought a new handset to try and combat game issues.
    Also whilst playing, game just comes up with network error message at bottom and just hangs and randomly kicks me out, these issues have been since last few updates but alot worse since last one.
  • E_deez_nutz1E_deez_nutz1 Posts: 1
    E deez nutz
    Samsung Galaxy j7 perx
    Sprint data and wifi
    All game modes
    Extreme lag, unresponsive controls, device heating up quickly, check your connection message coming up with at least 20/30 mb data and over 100 mb wifi connection.
    Please help get this fixed long time player and an not enjoying myself at all since 19.0 release and hoped 19.1 would be an improvement..
  • NacifNacif Posts: 1
    IGN: TedTheBearN
    Asus zenfone 4
    Wi-fi haven't tested data
    Game mode: all
    The game crashes from time to time resulting in arena losses and so on. Also my cell phone is using way more battery as it used to when playing and the overheating problems are better than before but still exist.
  • RemunaRemuna Posts: 1
    Remuna

Samsung Galaxy S6
    Device Operating System: android 7.0
    WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0 (installed an hour ago)
    Game Mode: happens even in the main menu.
    Description of the Issue: As soon as i launch the game, my device starts to heat and this heat becomes unbearable after like 10 minutes of use. When the phone is hot, i experience high lag peaks as if the game freezes. When i close the game, the temperature goes down to normal again

Please do something as i don't want my device to be damaged.
  • rankszranksz Posts: 4
    In-Game Name: ranksz
    Device and Model: Samsung Note 8
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Just played using wifi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Arena (Glad Hulk)
    Description of the Issue: overheating of the device, Lag in the middle of the fight, some unresponsive champs, e.g. Howard the duck didnt want to throw heavies, weird last medium hit in a 5 hit combo by wolverine.
  • Insanebane969Insanebane969 Posts: 3

IGN Insanebane969
    Samsung Galaxy S7Edge
    OPS 8.0.0
    Both, EE
    Game Mode: All aspects of the game. Some seem worse than others at different times.

Description of the Issue: Controls seem to be unresponsive 60% of the time but it changes from fight to fight. The specials won't trigger, block parry and dash back are all intermittent Block suddenly disengages even while still holding. Trying to pick paths in AQ and AW it doesnt register choice then suddenly starts moving without prompting. Maps won't zoom in or out. Sometimes during arena fights all the text becomes white blocks. Reoeatedly trying to delete the same ingame reward mail. Notifications will not go away even after reading or claiming the rewards. Clicking the collective help button will not work and i have to click each one individually. The auto fight keeps disengaging mid fight or turning off without prompting between fights. The auto fight doesn't fight just stands there and allows itself to be hit. All the problems have been ongoing and getting worse over the last few weeks.
  • In-Game Name: just4kixx00
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Device Operating System: 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 19.1 version
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game pauses for a coupme of seconds. Once it regains and starts moving again, the attacks i want to use cones in late and by that time my opponent disregards it and fights through. This also happens during poping crysrals. It starts and stops during the showing phase. Once you press to stop the crystal, it continues to stop and start.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Name: Str1066
    Phone: galaxy s8+
    Android version 8.0.0
    Version 19.1
    Wifi
    Modes: aw, quests
    Issues: horrible lag mainly questing less in aw- only done a couple of aw fights
    Aw- Visual errors displaying player icons in aw but node behnind them up and no blue path to show progress (fine when restarted)
    Aw - displayed enemy players as ko with no champs selected
    Aw -game froze and crashed when i went into view my base and the attackers teams. (Didnt display any attackers teams)
    Phone battery life has been demolished in last two updates. I need to charge my phone 3 times a day to play now, before one charge got me through nearly the whole day.
    Phone heating feels a little hotter at the back than normal near the middle and tip of phone.
    Connection warning - even when wifi is working (i have software to monitor speed and performance) i get the connection warning. It sometimes doesnt recognise a win at the end of a fight or it starts the fight but doesnt let me join - when i go out and in again my champ is either ko or on 50%health. (Mainly in arena and aq)
    Connection warning also occurs when leveling up using iso, ranking up or using sig stones but these always seem to go through without any issues.
    All - also find that some champs struggle to chain specials onto the end of combos without the opponent blocking the special. This happens more since last update
    Combos stop mid combo - several times a day my champ stops hitting at 3 in my 5 hit combo and opponent rinses me as they attack in - happened in old uodate too.
    Social tab - is screwed up and has funning writing with letters and underscores
    Ocassionally fighers dont respond to instructions. This is normally a swipe - even after washed screen and hands. happened infrequently so hard to say which champs in which fights.
    Heavy attacks - i still get the issue of throwing the odd heavy in combat during a combo. (Yes adjusted senisitivity but no better so changed it back).
  • Saurabh98Saurabh98 Posts: 5
    In game name- jokera98b
    Device- Samsung galaxy A5 2016
    Android version- 7.0
    Network- both wifi m cellular 4g lte
    Game mode- story quest n alliance quest
    Sometimes my player remained still didn't move backward despite swiping back became unresponsive n lag is still there occurred while playing act 5 chapter 3 twice
  • ghcolon1119
    Lg Aristo
    Android 7
    T-Mobile 4g
    Mostly questing when in fights it really slow and laggy and twice closed out unexpectedly.
  • YOURNAMEYOURNAME Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: ****_YOURNAME
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Tmobile
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena, Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Blade dropped block and froze taking damage during a sp1 from Ultron during war. Parries are hit or miss. Chamos dropping block in war and arena. Icons such as SOCIAL show other letters used in coding. Disconnected and booted out mid fight. Stuck on loading screen for awhile twice. Had to force close game and restart and loaded right away.
  • IGN- Jay Swisha
    Device or Model- LG K20 PLUS
    Device Operating System- 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi- Both
    Game Version Installed- 19.1 version
    Game mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Arena, Alliance Quest/War, Monthly Quest, Story Mode
    Description of the issue- Laggy/ choppy when fighting, usually more so during important fights (boss/miniboss fights). Word and numbers appear as white/grey blocks or boxes unable to read. Overheating issues, screen becomes hot and sometimes the game app force closes and goes to my home screen. Power meter fills from both sides.. Becomes confusing at times. That and the lag is the biggest issue when coming to fighting, had to use plenty of resources due to it. Hope you guys can fix it !:)
    Past 2-4weeks
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    Richard13rox
    android nextbook
    android 5.0
    overheating is HORRENDOUS and it causes the game to lag really hard i tried to go for my 100% completion of the heroic event quest (because i wanted to get the 5* shards to open a 5* crystal this week) after i encountered the lag i just closed the game and i haven't opened it since
  • Jebus82Jebus82 Posts: 2
    Toombs32
    Samsung galaxy 7s active
    Both
    Story quest (trying to finish act 5 100%, really thought with a lag), AW and AQ.
    Last fight was on act 5.4.3 vs OG captain America. Got a lag and died. Just about every time I play there is a lag now. I am done with most content and I'm really close to throwing in the towel. I have spent a ton of money on this stupid game and I won't spend another dime until this issue is resolved. I have also experienced crashing a few times, but not too frequently. But the crash usually occurs in aq or aw. Also , sometimes when I dash back or try to parry, i jump forward with a medium attack. Usually I get kicked in the face, then combo'd.
  • Yonkou_KaidoYonkou_Kaido Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    lastnamefirstname931
    Moto g4 plus
    Android version 7.0
    Story or event quest
    Can't escape punisher 2099 heavy attack while using blade in 5.4.1 or in the monthly event quest
    Moreover , my phone gets heated up real quick. This is much more irritating. Can't play for more than 15 minutes
  • Spideyjay77
    Galaxy tab s2 / lg g pad x2 8.0 plus
    Andriod 7.0
    Wifi
    Game closes at the start of every match, war, event, aq, arena.

Works fine on galaxy s9 phone, Andriod 8.0 aside from lag and unresponsive movements and special delay. Happens randomly throughout the game
  • SenzoSenzo Posts: 5
    Senzo90
    Lg G5
    Android 7.0
    Wifi
    Crashes 5 to 6 times per hour whether in arena or daily quest.....cant finish a path without crashing....in arena fight starts goes to slow motion then black screen...restart the game...in T1A arena u lose the match n in other arena u recover it!!!!....
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Android 6.0.1
    Wifi and Cellular data
    Verizon
    Game Version 19.1
    Arena, AW, Quests, Game lags, cuts in and out, attacks don't land. Block is broken and my character just stands there and gets hit.
  • GrumpyKatGrumpyKat Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    In-Game Name: RoffleCat
    Device and Model: Sony Xperia XZ
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Mobile data (Three and Plusnet) and WiFi (Plusnet and Sky)
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: Event quest, 3.2 - Uncertain Future
    Description of the Issue: Lag during loading screen, lag fighting Ghost using Medusa (frames slow down like it's a slideshow then speed up a little then back to a slideshow), lag since the general lag of infinity dungeon release. Also happens frequently in AW, AQ, arenas
  • ChampoChampo Posts: 1
    Spartakos84
    Samsung S8
    Android version 8.0
    Wifi
    Game version 19.1
    Story
    No overheating issue but definitely lag and frame rate issues that I never on any previous versions. Sp3 animation was also lagging. Lag on A.I's dashing back close to the wall causes a lag and missed party.
    No crashes or lost connection
  • BenJGrimmBenJGrimm Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    In-Game Name: Ben J. Grimm
    Device and Model: Moto G5+
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed:19.1
    Game Mode: Multiple. Most frequently in arena, but that's where I spend the most time. Has happened in story mode, quest mode, and AQ as well, and also just navigating (for example, opening crystals). I almost never do AW.
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes, and crashes have gotten more frequent since the update. Has cost me multiple fights. While grinding arena, was crashing every 15-20 minutes.

Another frequent problem:during an arena match, all of the progress bars (hit points/sp for both opponents), and all of the color for the icons disappears. The game usually (but not always) crashes shortly after, though sometimes I'll have a few matches like that. It's been going on for weeks as well.
  • IGN:123tavi123
    Device iPhone 8plus
    iOS 12.0
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version: 19.1
    Game modes: questing so far
    Issues: Frame rate drop in combat. Menu is lagging. Slow as hell.
  • J_Gray7734J_Gray7734 Posts: 20
    IGN: jgray7734
    Galaxy S8
    Both cell and wifi
    Game mode: AW, questing, arena

Game get laggy and phone is getting hot.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    I've experienced this since the Antman/Wasp update. This doesn't happen till about an hour or so of gameplay. Quest tiles, iso and champ selection become black blocks. When selecting champ info, the champ is blacked out. Then the app stops running. After experiencing this more than once, I have to exit the app and restart.
    Now with this recent update, I'd hoped that whatever was causing this problem would be rectified but it occurred again. This I performed a factory reset of my phone. Even that didn't do anything to fix the issue. I have an Motorola E4, Android 7.1.1 nougatz7tid58affs9.png
    araqhjmzggwy.png
  • Roomey1991Roomey1991 Posts: 8
    IGN:
    Roomey1991

Device:
    Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

Android version:

Cell or WiFi:
    Both

Game version:

Game mode:
    All

Issues:
    Device overheating, laggy on main menu, laggy in fights, causes device to freeze & sometimes lose connection.
  • zombiecarnival9 ingame Name.
    Moto g5 plus 4gb variant.
    Android 7.0 nougat.
    Data and wifi both.
    Crashing again and again in all game modes.Its also crashing when opening crystals.
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    IGN - strofholz
    Android 8.0
    Wifi with over 250mbps speeds registering on device
    Samsung note 8

Unresponsive controls especially noticeable in faster paced content i.e. AW and act 5. Laggy controls throughout game
  • edddddeddddd Posts: 12
    Ign: rotisseriemelon
    Android 8.0.0
    Samsung Galaxy s9
    WiFi and cellular data
    Latest game mode

Lagging and crashing in all modes of the game
This discussion has been closed.