**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Issues Investigation

Comments

• Dr_rakaDr_raka Posts: 3
    Dr_raka
    Samsung galaxy j7 prime
    Android 7.0
    Cell/wifi- both
    Issue- freezes while dashing back & forword. Freezes at any time of fight I.e. at start, mid, or almost end of the fight. Sometimes can't attack due to this issue.
    Game version 19.1
  • ADiZADiZ Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    In-Game Name: ADiZRoX
    Device and Model: GOOGLE Pixel 2
    Device Operating System: Android P DP5
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Arena, Alliance war
    Description of the Issue: Phone becomes toasty warm while playing. (Almost never happened in past) no lags or missed swipes. Battery drain is fast also (maybe due to the heating)

In Alliance war, a wierd bug is observed. On observing which attackers opponents are bringing to war, the list shows blank. On clicking individual attacker shows their champions. Screenshots below.
    j0zpmw8s35zt.png
    Peek-a-boo
    we6dg7su0xfl.png
    Oh now i see you
  • FiniteFinite Posts: 4
    Finite says
    Droid turbo
    Android version 6.0.1
    WiFi
    Game crash 4 times in arena . Screen reacts different each time .first time game started running slow to a crawl and dimmed to black to all out crash in 3-4 seconds. Second liading a three person team into a arena it acting like it is was 1vs1 ,exited reenter the back round picture in loading screen started flickering than crashed. Other two where at the beginning and once at the end of a fight.
    There was also sudden crash while in pym disc heroic quest.
  • nst43437nst43437 Posts: 24
    Name: nat437
    Device: Iphone X( ios 11.4.1)
    Both Wifi and Cellular
    Game ver 19.1.0
    Issue with swapping the screen, and scrolling the champ while playing arena, and questing

issue: game is lagging alot...
  • TmpopoTmpopo Posts: 6
    Ign : tmpopo
    Pixel 2 XL
    Android 8.1
    Verizon
    Data/wifi: both
    Extreme lag in arenas causing loss of streak, no overheating, loss of signal and "can't connect to network" after nearly each fight.
    Version: MCOC 19.1
  • Spidy_sammySpidy_sammy Posts: 7
    IGN: $pidey_$ammy
    Device:Samsung S8 Plus
    IOS: Oreo
    Cellular or WiFi : Both
    Game Version: 19.1
    Issues: lag and frame rate. Swiping back and forth sometimes doesn’t work. Still running hot but not as bad as before.lost so many valuable resources in last 1 month.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Feeney234
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Cellular and WiFi, mobile carrier is TMobile
    Game Version 19.1
    Literally a few minutes after starting the game and in every mode.
    The issue is overheating and lag. Within minutes of starting the game my tablets temperature starts to rise at an alarming rate. It isnt laggy right away, but I guess from it overheating I experience lag about a half hour into playing. And it gets HOT. Then laggy to the point where requesting for help in arena is damn near impossible. Literally close to a 5-7 second delay after requesting for one single help. I've experienced some lag and heating in the past, but nothing at this level.
  • Darklordr35
    Samsung J7Pro
    Android 7.0
    Wifi and Data
    Lag on all arenas, quests and AW
    Long loading screens
    Version 19.1
  • ImAwsum1ImAwsum1 Posts: 179
    yvhcgdj9facc.jpg
    Ign : Im Awsum / AwsumJr
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Andriod 8.0.0
    T-Mobile
    Just loaded then crashed going into a war fight. Cost me boosts as well as counted as a death n half health of my red hulk. How can we have a fair n competitive season when you can lose points without even fighting.
    lgag2bedd8os.jpg
  • BigHeroSquadBigHeroSquad Posts: 37
    In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Samsung Galaxy S7)
    Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0)
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi only
    Game Version Installed: 19.1 updated today
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All and now I can not log in
    Description of the problem: all quests were lagging especially AW. I had boosted health/attack 20% and used 6 6k health potions.

Why are the Summoners doing your beta testing?
  • Rola_GodRola_God Posts: 6
    IGN:- Rola God
    Redmi Mi A1
    cellular and wi-fi
    On cellular data device is heating like a stove while heating is moderate in wi-fi.
    Game is lagging vey much in event quest, story quest aq and aw.
    sometimes it does not read some taps like missing specials though I tap it. Sometimes it 4 taps instead of 5 and frame losses also occurs
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    The block is hot the block is hot hot hot
  • Michael052781Michael052781 Posts: 6
    Michael0527
    Samsung note 8.0
    Android 8.0
    WiFi/data
    Heavy lag and really long load times
    The lag and glitching has happened in
    All phases of the game AQ/aw/arena/quest but especially bad in quest
    No issues with the phone being hot though
  • In-Game Name: _Shady.
    Device and Model: Samsung galaxy j7 (2016)
    Device Operating System: 7.0
    Cellular and wifi both
    Game Mode: General (all)
    Description of the Issue:
    1. Frequent 'Problems connecting to network' error message.
    2. Lag and slow frame rates.
    3. Most important- too much battery usage. It is now draining my battery much more than it earlier did even i kept all my other apps to sleep mode.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited July 2018
    In-Game Name: Sirius Break
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Verizon Moblie Data Link 4G LTE
    Game Mode: Excessive lag in arena. Also Solo Quest. No AQ or AW running currently so cannot vouch for those today (will update the post after AQ starts tomorrow)
    Description of the Issue: Heavy lag, choppy character movement, and clipping occurring. Frame rate severely affected currently. Controls aren't very responsive either. Be it block, evade, attack, doesn't matter. Champs also occasionally randomly dash forward into an oncoming attack when holding block. All have occurred at one point or another today. I purposefully lower the screen resolution to 720p to increase game performance. Typically this makes for a very smooth gaming experience. Not today. To be very honest, arena gets laggy after 10-20+ streak gets added to whatever I started with. This has been an ongoing struggle. However, today it was laggy from the 1st matchup on. Also random app crashes during loading between matches in arena and solo quest as of late. Arena today. Solo quest Act 5 yesterday. So this has been ongoing also since the previous update.
  • In-Game Name: Sirius Break
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Verizon Mobile Data 4G LTE
    Game Mode: Only have been able to run arena and solo quests as AQ and AW are currently down. Both arena and quest are very laggy. Arena moreso. Will update this post tomorrow after AQ starts with an answer to such.
    Description of the Issue: Extreme lag, heavy clipping, choppy character movements, and poor control response. Frame rate severely affected. I purposefully reduce screen resolution to 720p to increase game performance. Typically this makes for a smooth gaming experience. No help today though. Lag also occurs quite commonly in arena for me after doing 10-20+ runs. Unfortunately today it was laggy from the 1st matchup. Block, evade, attack, special activation all have malfunctioned at least once today. No specific champs either as it seems to happe
    at random. Champions have been dashing forward headlong into oncoming attacks when holding block. App has also been crashing during load time between matches. This happened in both arena and solo quest. Arena today. Solo quest Act 5 yesterday prior to the update. So this has been an ongoing struggle for Android users. Seems to have increased with this update though as other Android users in my Alliance have been experiencing similar issues. No major overheating thus far.
  • Sohan_28Sohan_28 Posts: 3
    Ign- Blazing Devil
    Redmi Mi note 4
    Miui 9( Android 7.0)
    Both mobile data and wifi.
    I feel like disturbing while fighting in the Event quests and Allaince War of the lag that i experience each and every day. After somewhat 20 mins of continuous lagish gameplay the game stops and returns to my home screen. This problem also created fragments while attacking in allaince war. While attacking the game lags and ultimately returns to my home screen which cause meanless knock out of my heros with which I am attacking. It is my request to solve the problem soon so that we all gamers can play the game smoothly..
  • Fulcana666Fulcana666 Posts: 14
    IGN: Fulcana666
    HTC 626
    Android 5.1
    Wifi
    MCOC version19.1
    Overheats with very rapid battery drain in a matter of minutes. Shuts itself down. Happens in all areas of the game but seems worse in arena.
  • overkilloverkill Posts: 1
    IGN - overkillace_7
    moto g turbo
    Android 6.0
    battery drains super quick and lags in arena, questing &war
  • dapps2godapps2go Posts: 19
    IGN Dapps2go
    Samsung Galaxy s8+
    wifi
    All game modes
    Lag constantly, which results in getting a full combo to face. Smart way to make us buy more revives/potions. The lag also causes specials to not chain onto combos. id say around 75% of specials now get blocked after a combo. Also the parry timing seems off, probably down to the lag also.
  • Seshan_SekarSeshan_Sekar Posts: 9
    Marvel Contest of Champions

In-Game Name: Seshan Sekar
    Device and Model: Moto G5 plus
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular, Globe(Philippines)
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests and Arena
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes often especially when about to start a fight in the Arena, when requesting energy in the Arena, Sometimes screen goes blank but can hear the sound of the fight. Experiencing these issue from the previous month update 19.0 and thought this would be fixed in 19.1 but it's even worse and crashing often. please fix this issue.
  • om_ziom_zi Posts: 7
    In-Game Name: The Social House
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    Device Operating System: Android
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Mobile Carrier is EXCELCOMINDO)
    Game Mode: Alliance War and Arena
    Description of the Issue: Really Hot Device and Superrr laggish
  • Arax8Arax8 Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Arax8
    Device and Model: Lenovo K4 Note
    Device Operating System: Android 6.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Indonesia)
    Game Mode: Arena and All mode
    Description of the Issue:
    1) Game lagging in Arena when facing 8 to 10ks champs or during 12 - 17 streak. It really annoy me.

2) Whenever i use or facing Dormammu or Vulture in any mode, the game become lag.

3) Sometimes Vulture second mid attack doesn't connect in combo.

please fix these issues.
  • Law_eeLaw_ee Posts: 4
    IGN: LAW_EE
    Device Model: Samsung Galaxy s7 edge
    Device OS: 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Mode: All modes seem to be affected
    Description: (1) At beginning of all fights champ freezes, so no block, parry or evade - opponent gets a 5 hit combo in - wasted multiple resources compensating for this (2) occasional overheating resulting in android message and game shut down since 19.0 release (3) intermittent evade issues I'd fight
  • WillaunWillaun Posts: 2
    Posted to Forum: 310718

In-Game Name: Willaun
    Device & Model: Sony Xperia F3115
    Operating Sys: Android 7.0
    Network: WiFi
    Game Version: 19.1
    Game Mode: Story Quest Act 5.3

Issue:

Overheating. Sudden increase in temperature during lagging play.
    Lagging. Frame rate slowed & skipped during play.

Further Context:

4* Void 5.50 A vs. King Groot on Split the Atom Node.
    Previous Game Version ran without problems.
  • DramioneDramione Posts: 76
    drarry
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Android 8
    Wifi (when this error happened)
    Arena
    Game crashed, first time ever it has happened on this device uk468l7kvu85.jpg
  • mailositmailosit Posts: 4
    IGN mailosit
    Xiaomi Mix 2
    Android 8.0.0
    Both Cellular and Wifi
    All areas of the game really, but especially bad in arena (in frequency of lag) and AW/AQ (consequence of the lag...)

First few fights when starting the game is usually ok, after a few fights (especially in arena) phone starts to warm up and lag becomes worse and worse. Dropped frames, non-responsiveness, wrong inputs e.g. heavy attack turns into a forward dash. Feels like the phone is overheating so the CPU/GPU is throttling and generating the lag. Was already like this with 19.0 but it seems worse with 19.1. I am not using items in AW if it remains like this, no point.
  • Shakti4allShakti4all Posts: 120
    IGN - Shakti4all
    OnePlus 5T
    Android 8.1
    WIFI - NBN -TPG
    Data - Yes Optus
    Daily Quest and Alliance war
    Severe lag on AW fight with Mordor
    Severe lag on AW fight with Rhino
    Control issue seen in fight with Rhino as well
  • Shakenbake629Shakenbake629 Posts: 22
    IGN: shakenbake629
    Device and Model: Google Pixel XL
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, and Arena.
    Description of the Issue: All champions are affected by heavy lag. Occasionally all controls freeze after an evade of special attacks which leads to being pummeled by a combo. Numerous times with all champions a special is blocked after chaining into it via a 5 hit combo, most frequently that I've noticed is iron man's special 2. After a dexterity back the controls don't register and cause my champions to attack in place and "miss" consecutive attacks. Have been 2 hits into a combo where the hits never registered and the AI transitioned into a special attack. Same thing with a heavy attack, particularly with proxima midnight. Parry stunned winter soldier and launched heavy. The first strike made contact but didn't register damage, then as she swung around he launched a special as he exited his stun and before the 2nd hit landed. My primary question team consists of blade, Stark enhanced spiderman, ghost Rider, Medusa, and gwenpool. Have also experienced the same issues while using Luke cage, void, nebula, Angela and many others throughout arena. Game also occasionally has a pop up that says there is an error loading content before the game shuts down. None of this occurred consistently prior to 19.0 and 19.1 versions.
This discussion has been closed.