**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake vs. floating champs

SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
edited July 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Could anyone tell me why floating champions (Sentry, Magneto etc) take full damage from Quake's abilities, even though they're mostly not in contact with the ground?
Has this been explained anywhere?
Is it perhaps a limitation of the game code?

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I think incorporating a #flight tag to champs who float in combat could add an interesting dynamic by making them immune or at least more resistant to attacks like Quake's heavy charge or Electro's L2. Plus, most of the champs who do float could probably use some sort of boost anyway. I don't see a lot of high level Vulture or Magneto play these days.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    Because this is the same game where Ghost Rider is not immune to incinerate despite being made up of FIRE!

Also, his CLOTHES are more incinerate immune than he is...
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    Hellfire is not fire.
  • _Chaos__Chaos_ Posts: 143
    Video game logic. Same logic as Psylocke not being able to cause bleed
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    This won’t get through. There are a lot of marvel champs that has an ability to fly.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    There are many champs in the game that can fly, but don't in game, like vision, so that would cause headaches. This would affect a good number of attacks too. Like groots sp2.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me why floating champions (Sentry, Magneto etc) take full damage from Quake's abilities, even though they're mostly not in contact with the ground?
    Has this been explained anywhere?
    Is it perhaps a limitation of the game code?

I've asked this question myself, like why do flying champs suffer aftershock when they not touching the ground
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I'd like to know if Kabam have ever even considered it, and whether it could be implemented in some way.
    It's fine if it's impossible, I'd just like an answer either way.
  • actually in agents of shield quake dont only have powers to quake the people touching ground.... she literally quake everything even if it is in air.... that is her ability is AOS series actually
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,410 ★★★★
    I used to play an older Marvel game called Avengers Alliance which incorporated "Ground" attacks which were ignored by "Flying" opponents.

It's simply something Kabam decided not to incorporate into their balance - if they were to add it in now, they'd have to do a fair bit of rebalancing in order to avoid significantly over/under-powering anyone as a result.

Specifically for Quake though - I like Dorky Diggidy Dave's explanation that she's not necessarily sending solely ground-based shockwaves, but also general vibrations around her :smile:
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    Quake's Powers don't just work through the ground though she can still hit flying targets with her attacks.