**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should the 3 x T4CC trade in get you a:

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I am starting to feel that this new development is another major marketing screw up.

Should the 3 x T4CC trade in get you a: 80 votes

1 specific class cat of your choice
90%
MattyloRektorCaptain_KandiceVladTapesMidnightfoxMfallsNikoBravoPrimmer79LurkerDramioneSpeedbumpFineDogSMRkaDLA_x_3GruftycrogsImmoWill435GoldenSkullDarkrider05 72 votes
1 random class cat different from the one you’re trading
10%
GroundedWisdomVegetaspiderclopsRaganatorGaanjVoltolosNoob2435JayCeeFhfjghhggggjfhfjg 8 votes

Comments

• raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    IsThisLoss wrote: »
    either option is still a bad trade
    Random cat is far worst
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It has to be random. Otherwise, there's no point in rolling the T4CC Crystal for a random outcome. People would just trade in the Cats they want.

That's what most people want GW trading in cats we have excess of for cats we need. I do want this but I am pretty sure this would be pretty tricky to code.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,743 ★★★★★
    Can we trade 5 in for a t2a?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It has to be random. Otherwise, there's no point in rolling the T4CC Crystal for a random outcome. People would just trade in the Cats they want.

That's what most people want GW trading in cats we have excess of for cats we need. I do want this but I am pretty sure this would be pretty tricky to code.

I'm sure that's what people want, but it defeats the point of having a random system. The purpose of RNG is to roll a random outcome and accept whatever comes. In this case, for a cost, you can have a "redo". If people were able to choose what Cats they got, there would be no point in having it random. They might as well do away with the Crystal and give people 3 Frags to select the Cat you want. That would entail an entirely different system, when the Cats and Frags are both designed around RNG. Believe me, I get that's what people want. It's just not what the game is about.
  • FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    typical kabam. these guys way of thinking is from parallel universe :D 3 for 1 and we should be excited ))) why not 10x for 1x random? that will clean instantly our SO rich stash
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    2 for random and 3 for specific
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Uh, if you’re giving up materials for a r5 4* or r3 5*, i think it’s fair to get a specific t4CC but, It’s also nice of Kabam to just even have the option so
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

I'm sure that's what people want, but it defeats the point of having a random system. The purpose of RNG is to roll a random outcome and accept whatever comes. In this case, for a cost, you can have a "redo". If people were able to choose what Cats they got, there would be no point in having it random. They might as well do away with the Crystal and give people 3 Frags to select the Cat you want. That would entail an entirely different system, when the Cats and Frags are both designed around RNG. Believe me, I get that's what people want. It's just not what the game is about.

Trading in 3 catalyst for 1 defeats the whole purpose anyway don't feel like you need to defend Kabam on everything they clearly didn't think this through
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    That would be a bit too much, and would make it pretty easy to rank up champs.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

You keep saying this like repetition will make it true. RNG was already in play for the three catalysts you opened. Trading three for one of your choice is NOT eliminating RNG. It is a penalty of losing two catalysts to offset the bad luck you incurred from the RNG on the original three spins.

I’m curious to see if your stance on this will remain the same when nobody utilizes this feature and they switch it to a catalyst of your choice. Will you flip flop or courageously oppose a Kabam move?
  • AlzkabetAlzkabet Posts: 48
    This is so bad, how can u say that random is good?
    Are you withouth brain? Like you give 3 for something random, imagine if you get a catalist that you are full on to, and u have to go again with another 3 catalist to get what u want, at this point u lose 6 catalist for 2.
    For people that says that it will be to easy to upgrade champs, bro u give 3 catalist for 1, this will make upgrades harder, imagine if u need to randomize 9 catalist to upgrade just one champ, at this point you lost 3 other champs that u could had upgraded 3 other champs with that diferent catalist, it's true that those champs will be not what u want to up. So u just lost 9 catalist for 3, and, 9 if you have luck to get what u wanted.
    So how can u still say that 3 for one catalist and random it's a good deal?
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    Would love to know how they came up with the 3 for 1......
    Alzkabet wrote: »
    Are you withouth brain? Like you give 3 for something random, imagine if you get a catalist that you are full on to, and u have to go again with another 3 catalist to get what u want, at this point u lose 6 catalist for 2.
    For people that says that it will be to easy to upgrade champs, bro u give 3 catalist for 1, this will make upgrades harder, imagine if u need to randomize 9 catalist to upgrade just one champ, at this point you lost 3 other champs that u could had upgraded 3 other champs with that diferent catalist, it's true that those champs will be not what u want to up. So u just lost 9 catalist for 3, and, 9 if you have luck to get what u wanted.

Lets say I need to rank up blade, I sell 3 mutant, 3 tech, 3 mystic, and there we go I ranked up blade. Seems a little too easy to me. Like I said in a different thread you don't have to use it, but it's there if you need it. Keeping it random was a smart choice for kabam.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »

Lets say I need to rank up blade, I sell 3 mutant, 3 tech, 3 mystic, and there we go I ranked up blade. Seems a little too easy to me. Like I said in a different thread you don't have to use it, but it's there if you need it. Keeping it random was a smart choice for kabam.

Yeah maybe but why 3 for 1?
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★

oh wow Mr Noob, you think getting those 9 t4cc was a joke?

Well not for you obviously, I only say that because you made a post crying that map 3 cable is too hard. I expect you to act like that. I could already see this going bad, new god tier defender comes out, high end players get him and with them being able to pick which they want they rank him up fast and that champ raises hell on everyone... Fun times.

Well not for you obviously, I only say that because you made a post crying that map 3 cable is too hard. I expect you to act like that. I could already see this going bad, new god tier defender comes out, high end players get him and with them being able to pick which they want they rank him up fast and that champ raises hell on everyone... Fun times.

It's not as if you only need t4cc to rank up stuff. Always thinking of tier 1 and 2 alliances.

FYI, I can take down map 5 nodes and mini bosses, but honestly, the map 3 cable is somehow harder than them, so go figure. I am just a free to play guy with 8 months in, how long you been playing?
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

"Let's say I need to rank up blade. I just need 9 fully formed tier 4 class catalysts in three different classes. Seems a little too easy for me."

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's not about the cost. It's about the randomness. The whole point of having it random is people try their luck and work with whatever falls. They've given an option to try again, but it costs 3x what it costs, and that's for a reason. It's not meant to be a primary source for Ranking. If you have the option to select any Class you want, there's no sense in having a random outcome. Regardless of the cost. Where does it stop? 3 Champs for the one you want? Guess we don't need the Arena then. You begin to dissect the system the farther you go. Even my suggestions on a Class Crystal or Dungeon-like Crystal still left it up to RNG. It has to be because NO one is going to leave it up to chance when an option exists to pick what you want, and the randomness adds fairness and motivates us.
    It's not about the cost. It's about the randomness. The whole point of having it random is people try their luck and work with whatever falls. They've given an option to try again, but it costs 3x what it costs, and that's for a reason. It's not meant to be a primary source for Ranking. If you have the option to select any Class you want, there's no sense in having a random outcome. Regardless of the cost. Where does it stop? 3 Champs for the one you want? Guess we don't need the Arena then. You begin to dissect the system the farther you go. Even my suggestions on a Class Crystal or Dungeon-like Crystal still left it up to RNG. It has to be because NO one is going to leave it up to chance when an option exists to pick what you want, and the randomness adds fairness and motivates us.

Randomness .. Luck .. Fairness .. Chance , you pick the odd one out.

I bet you'd like a feature to grind arena, get millions of points to reach a certain threshold and then RNG decide whether you get the champ reward or not.
    Won't it be fun to try some luck and get robbed of the prize even after grinding so much.

Maybe you can carry over arena points (without entering the draw), to the next arena to lets say cumulate the points, get a higher total, and then again, you don't get the champ you grinded for. Wow, fun times.
    FineDog wrote: »

"Let's say I need to rank up blade. I just need 9 fully formed tier 4 class catalysts in three different classes. Seems a little too easy for me."

Definitely not easy for you juding by your profile. Again I'm talking about end game players
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Why do people complain about everything? If you don't want to trade then don't. People in my alliance have let them expire. They will gladly trade in 3 for 1 rather then letting them go for nothing.