**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• MevestickMevestick Posts: 4
    Ign: mevestick
    Android 7(brand new device purchased 25th July)
    Wi-fi sky broadband 25 met
    Game version 19
    All game modes. Most recently completing act 4 chapter 4 episode 1
    Issues: non responsive. Just standing there. Very delayed when did move. Also I bought my new device as the updates this year have absolutely finished off my iPhone 5s. I was of course Very upset to feel my new device starting to overheat. When it does the delay and lag are increased and significantly worse
  • Olde_Man_LoganOlde_Man_Logan Posts: 4
    IGN: Olde Man Logan
    Device: iPhone 6s
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version: 19.1.0
    Game mode: all
    Issues: over-heating like before the July update, and lag.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Season 3 of war is staring soon, I missed completing most of the event quest due to this and it’s happening again. At least I got my LOL run during the hotfix.
    iPhone 7
    Verizion
    Happens on WiFi & cellular
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    iPhone8 plus
    iOS 12.0
    Cell and WiFi
    Game version 19.1
    Game mode: arena and quests
    Issues: burns and drains battery life within minutes and lag during combat
  • Matt_KMatt_K Posts: 16

In-Game Name: Oooh Child
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Tesco mobile
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: Viewing main menu screen
    Description of the Issue: My device heats up when I leave the game open on the menu screen or simply open the game to claim a free crystal or calendar reward. I would consider the behaviour completely abnormal for any software, if the game is virtually idling then there should be nothing driving processor or memory usage which might account for the increase in temperature.
    I am unable to test other game modes as I am not willing to risk damage to my device.
  • JosmanxJosmanx Posts: 70
    I am having an issue while I try to log in in the game. It doesn’t work. It crashes! I updated yesterday to v19.1. I am using an iPhone 8 iOS 11.4.1
  • vishnuvishnu Posts: 1
    IGN: vishnu786
    Device Model: Moto G5 Plus
    Game mode: Arena,AQ,AW,Solo questing
    Game Version:19.1.0
    Issues:Game crashes after 5 to 10 mins,lagging issues nd overheating issue
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Season 3 of war is staring soon, I missed completing most of the event quest due to this and it’s happening again. At least I got my LOL run during the hotfix.
    iPhone 7
    Verizion
    Happens on WiFi & cellular

IGN: Smikes83
    Game modes: All
    Game version: 19.1
  • ExelsiorExelsior Posts: 1
    IGN: -exelsior-
    Device: iphone 7
    IOS: 11.4
    Game version 19.1.0
    Issue: overheating is the main issue,i had raised this issue twice before as well. Got response saying that kabam team was working on it ,but There is no change yet.battery life is also shortening,its getting drained quickly.Please do something quickly to fix this (the game is amazing) because i cant keep risking my phone life.
  • IGN: t r e s e
    Device: iPad 9.7
    Cell or Wifi: Wifi, I don’t use Cellular
    Game mode: Arena, Questing, AW
    Issues: Heats up after over five matches in arena and quest, and heats up faster in AW
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    So if I don't update will I not receive the new month's calendar? I've always updated so I've never actually thought about this but after v19.0 with the heating I'm afraid to update. I'm on iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1. Still on game version 19.0 no heating but haven't updated to v19.1.
  • IGN: the_danimal
    Device: iPhone 6+
    Game mode: arena and solo questing (so far)
    Issues: Heating (burning like 19.0) and severe frame rate drop in combat
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    No rewards from arena , overheating , power drain , adding new content to a unsable game. Looks like the beta testing failed to to report the latest bugs (issues) in the recent update. A great start of the month . What's the point of adding new content if you play, you risk damage to your device . I expect to see more unit offers until these bugs (issues) are resolved (fixed)

members/players keep your device safe
  • CSARizzyCSARizzy Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: CSARizzy
    Device and Model: iPhone X
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.1.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest,Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Very intense lag during picking champs very noticeable slowing during fights and quest text and when going into the crystal menu
  • Habibi83Habibi83 Posts: 6
    IGN: Habibi83
    Device: iPhone 7 Plus
    Cell or WiFi : Both
    Game Version : 19.1
    Game mode : AQ,Arena & Regualar questing
    Issues: experiencing heating on my device after just couple of fights in arena or running the game in general for 10-15 minutes. Severe lagging in AQ and normal Quest. Loading time extremely slow between fights and on startup. In AQ not responding when dashing back.
  • Mephi1983Mephi1983 Posts: 7
    Not been able to play for month, tried update same issue. Overheating!!!

iPhone 6
    iOS 11.4.1
    Version 19.1 now

• AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    IGN: Absimiliard
    Device: iPad 2018 model
    iOS: 11.4.1
    Wifi
    Game version 19.1
    Issue: Occasionally stutters and freezes. Also if I turn off the screen while the app is active, when I attempt to turn on the screen later, the entire iPad freezes forcing me to restart it.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 171
    IGN: tens1o
    Device: iPhone X
    Cell or WiFi : both
    Game mode : arena and quest
    Issue: again overheating after 10 min playing
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.1

If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shuts down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good . Not sure what damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play.

The overheating I think is not as bad patch 19.0, (or are members bit more aware of updates from kabam) but still has a impact on device. But my devices is suffering from severe power drain impacts battery performance. Reduce the battery life in your device .

With new content being added to game, just be aware of the amount of time during game

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy
  • Wulfgar79Wulfgar79 Posts: 27
    IGN: Wulfgar79
    Device: iPhone 7
    Cell or WiFi : both
    Game mode : arena and quest
    Issue: overheating after 10 min playing, severe lag in game, swipe back not responsive. battery drain is bad even while plugged in.

Please, Kabaam (@Kabam Miike , @Ad0ra_ , @Kabam Vydious ), regression test your releases. This was fixed with 19.0.1 - heating was non-existent, game was responsive. Assuming your dev's failed to patch those fixes back to whichever code branch the team was developing against for 19.1.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Mhykke
    Device and Model: IPhone 7 and IPad Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.4.1
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: After about 10 minutes of game time, game slows to a crawl and becomes extremely laggy. Have to reset my device. Also, noticed that I’ve been getting random Game Center updates about achievements I achieved long ago. This happened previously during the first overheating period (although I don’t have overheating), and went away when the fix was implemented. Now it is back after the recent game update.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Mhykke wrote: »
    In-Game Name: Mhykke
    Device and Model: IPhone 7 and IPad Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 11.4.1
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: After about 10 minutes of game time, game slows to a crawl and becomes extremely laggy. Have to reset my device. Also, noticed that I’ve been getting random Game Center updates about achievements I achieved long ago. This happened previously during the first overheating period (although I don’t have overheating), and went away when the fix was implemented. Now it is back after the recent game update.

I am not going to update my version am shivering to upgrade , it’s got bit better with patch and I don’t want to break my phone

Can I play for a bit without upgrade?
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit
    As of now 6 full pages of players posting the same issues for iOS and 5 pages for android. Is it possible to please get an update on the status and steps being done to correct this. Also will there be another beta offered for users to test potential fixes?
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    The latest ver. is getting worth, extremely worth!!
    Actually, the heating time became long, but once it gets heated... the lag occurs during fight!
    That's the serious bottleneck! I was almost beaten...
    Please...Please fix that quickly before AW season3.
    ericolor wrote: »
    IGN: ericolor
    Device: iPhone x
    Game version: latest
    Game mode: arena and map of solo quest
    Issues: Heating (burning like 19.0) and severe frame rate drop in combat

• Drdre74Drdre74 Posts: 20
    edited August 2018
    GN: drdre74
    Device: iPhone 6s PLUS
    Game mode: ALL MODES
    Issues: Overheating like 19.0, severe lag, scrolling through the game takes forever to load and lags. Game seems to pause every few seconds.
  • KlaywikiKlaywiki Posts: 41
    edited August 2018
    Klaywiki
    Galaxy s7, galaxy tab e
    All.modes
    WiFi and data plan
    Same issues for months that haven't had any improvement. Crashes, constant input issues, massive lag spikes, etc.
    [removed by moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • IGN: t r e s e
    Cell or Wifi: Wifi, I don’t use Cellular
    Game mode: Arena, Questing, AW
    Issues: Heats up after over five matches in arena and quest, and heats up faster in AW

I am getting a brief lag when I use dexterity to evade and the AI just hits me. Day 1 of AQ and I already lost two champs, this is infuriating
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    edited August 2018
    IGN: Dr_ARCHer
    Network: Wifi
    Game mode: Mostly arenas
    Issue: Game lag, then hang for several seconds, then continue as usual.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    same device and info i wrote earlier, having major random lag during questing
  • NachtgesichtNachtgesicht Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    GN: Nachtgesicht
    Device: iPhone 7 128gb
    Cell or Wifi: Both, Telekom
    Game mode: all areas of game
    Issues: Overheating like 19.0, lag, game freezing, excessive battery drain.
This discussion has been closed.