**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MIIKE can you give more clarity on new T4C Exchange system!

ISHLORDISHLORD Posts: 68
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike So you said in your post that there would be ‘5’ New Crystals related to T4C exchange. Everyone is confused whether we get to choose a particular class crystal during exchange or do we spend our 3 x T4C to get a Random Class Crystal. Getting a Random Class Crystal would suck.

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    @ISHLORD spend 3xt4cc - trade in - get a desired specific crystal t4cc
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    @ISHLORD spend 3xt4cc - trade in - get a desired specific crystal t4cc

my understanding is random @roberto94 . where does it say we get a specific class?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It's random but excluding the class you trade in
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I'm confused as to why it is 5 crystals and not 6? Will there be a certain class of cat that we cannot trade in?
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    “That means if you’re overflowing on Tech T4CC, you can spend 3 of them to buy a special Crystal that is guaranteed to give you a single Mutant, Skill, Science, Mystic, or Cosmic T4CC!”

Miike gave an example. If you spend 3 tech t4cc, you get a crystal that contains the other 5 classes and not the class you just spent, in this case Tech.

That also means that if you trade in Science, and you’ll get a crystal containing the other 5 classes.

Pretty simple to understand, just need to understand the english language better guys
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    ISHLORD wrote: »
    @Jaffacaked then why Miike states 5 crystals and not just 1 crystal?

Because there are 6 classes of cats, if you minus the 1 class you trade 3 of then that leaves 5 other classes. Simple math of 6-1 =5
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    I think @Kabam Miike made an error in the Announcement and said 5 crystals instead of 6, cause if you think about it there should be 6 crystals available to purchase. 1 for each class, regardless of if you choose to sell them.

Aside from the # of crystals, everything else makes sense... not saying it’s a good deal, but yeah
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    @Jaffacaked then why Miike states 5 crystals and not just 1 crystal?

Because there are 6 classes of cats, if you minus the 1 class you trade 3 of then that leaves 5 other classes. Simple math of 6-1 =5

But then there should be 6 crystals

1 Crystal that trades 3 tech t4cc
    1 Crystal that trades 3 mutant t4cc
    1 Crystal that trades 3 skill t4cc
    1 Crystal that trades 3 science t4cc
    1 Crystal that trades 3 mystic t4cc
    1 Crystal that trades 3 cosmic t4cc

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike So you said in your post that there would be ‘5’ New Crystals related to T4C exchange. Everyone is confused whether we get to choose a particular class crystal during exchange or do we spend our 3 x T4C to get a Random Class Crystal. Getting a Random Class Crystal would suck.

It will be random, excluding the type you are trading in.

From the announcement:
    We’re introducing 6 brand new Crystals to the Special Crystals tab. Each of them will be available for the cost of 3x Tier 4 Class Catalysts of a certain Class. When you purchase one of these Crystals, you are guaranteed to receive a T4CC of a different class. That means if you’re overflowing on Tech T4CC, you can spend 3 of them to buy a special Crystal that is guaranteed to give you a single Mutant, Skill, Science, Mystic, or Cosmic T4CC!

Well the original post said 5 brand new crystals. Thus the reason it was so confusing.
  • HERVE_LEANDREHERVE_LEANDRE Posts: 48
    Since it random. Its fair to let us choose from different classes instead of trading3 of the same class.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    It will be random, excluding the type you are trading
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    I was so excited for the announcement, now this explanation...it's a total let down! You already trade 3 to have one. Why one cannot at least pick up the chosen class?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Random? LOL well that kills it for me. It was a ripoff to trade in 3 catalysts for one we chose, but something we could liive with if we could pick the one we get. Since it's random, what's the point even? We could just get another T4C of a class we're overflowing in. And why are there 6 crystals if it's random? Why not just a store where you can buy a T4CC for the cost of any 3 t4c of the same class
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    I was so excited for the announcement, now this explanation...it's a total let down! You already trade 3 to have one. Why one cannot at least pick up the chosen class?

there's always a catch. they can't just do something good for us without it hurting us in some way as well. thats been a trend
  • RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    This game is all about gambling.

Trade 3 of the most rare resource in game for a 20% chance of getting what you need.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Ronildas wrote: »
    This game is all about gambling.
    Trade 3 of the most rare resource in game for a 20% chance of getting what you need.
    Yeah. it's total BS
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    We need to realize that they do not want us using this feature as part of our resource management. They do not want us trading in 3 of one type for another, unless those 3 are in danger of expiring and lots of us (me included) would trade all but 3 (or maybe all) of a type we don't think we need to get the type we need right now. This solution is alternative to letting us sell them and an alternative to letting them expire. I'm sure it's also partially to tempt us to open all the crystals we have been saving.

I went on an opening spree to level up some July 4th pulls and my first r5 and ended up full on 4 types of t4cc, with 0 skill, and 6 mystic after all the rank ups. In the process, I ended up with 3 science and 3 tech in my stash, getting ready to expire and not enough gold, t1a, iso, or decent champs to use them, I'm just dead broke. So I will be using this feature now, but hopefully I will plan better and never put myself in this position again.

I would LOVE it if they would let us choose, but I would be just fine if they would let us sell them for gold and/or t4cc frag crystals, but I do like the idea of converting 3 expiring t4cc back into a t4cc crystal that I can horde too.

So credit where credit is due. Thank you Kabam for doing something, finally, to address the problem. It isn't the solution I would've chosen, but I chose to waste money on your crystals and waste my resource on the **** I got out of those crystals to justify it to myself.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    This is a terrible exchange. You work hard enough to get enough shards (or get lucky enough to pull a complete catalyst) to form a class catalyst, and you exchange 3 class catalysts to get 1 random class catalyst in return. When they ran the original Halls of Healing, you got to trade in three health potions to get one of a higher tier. You're turning in three catalysts to get one of the same tier. If you were trading in two class catalysts to one of the class you want, maybe it would be worthwhile, but it's still a poor rate of exchange. For a random T4 class catalyst, the only rate of exchange that would be remotely close to fair is a 1:1 exchange rate.