**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heimdall true strike

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
rervh1qsj0io.png

Is it possible to get an answer as to how Heimdall will interact with a true strike node? He will have a 25% chance to autoblock when he has true strike. That’s all well and good when you fight him in a quest, since the true strike will disappear after one hit. But in Aw when he is on a true strike node, will he have a 25% chance to autoblock on every single hit?

Comments

• Eric1988Eric1988 Posts: 100
    Not if your char has true strike stops all auto blocks
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I don't think so, that would make him too powerful. I'd rather they changed it to a new buff called true sight(since that's what it's called in his description)instead of true strike, similar to true accuracy.
    So then, true sight>true strike>true accuracy>true damage
    Isn't it weird? True strike is meant to help deal with autoblock, now it has autoblock, so now true strike is needed to counter true strike
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    @BitterSteel ... You know the answer is yes, yet you still indulge yourself in futile hope that it isn't. :P

Learn to live in optimism @Haji_Saab ;)

Screenshot is on YouTube, I doubt kabam would be happy if I posted the link.
    edited August 2018
    Did you watch the whole video @ BitterSteel ? Loving red skull and korg's heavies and block animations
    Did you watch the whole video @ BitterSteel ? Loving red skull and korg's heavies and block animations

I did watch it all, I really like the animations. Some of the abilities, less so.
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Yay more auto block parries.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    If his heavy can be countered with a heavy then AA will be your best bet since he’s neither Bleed or Poison immune. Auto block is still boring to work around though.
    If his heavy can be countered with a heavy then AA will be your best bet since he’s neither Bleed or Poison immune. Auto block is still boring to work around though.

Based on the video, heimdall's heavy is slow and easy to intercept, so that's possible
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    edited August 2018

You won't have to worry about heavy intercepting, as I don't think any stun immune nodes have True Strike. So you can parry/heavy him as long as he is on a True Strike node.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

You won't have to worry about heavy intercepting, as I don't think any stun immune nodes have True Strike. So you can parry/heavy him as long as he is on a True Strike node.

Final boss does. I think it’s the only one though.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

I honestly can't remember...but doesn't the final boss have True Strike?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

I honestly can't remember...but doesn't the final boss have True Strike?

I just checked an old video of mine. The boss DOES have a True Strike node and is stun immune.

Without seeing any gameplay, the only thing that springs to mind as a solution is just hoping that Heimdall leaves himself open to heavy attacks all the time.
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    So fun and interactive....
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

Forgot which node it is, but on path 3, the node at the triangle (25 maybe?) has true strike and stun immune
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

Not to mention, I’ve just re-read this, and with true strike Heimdall’s opponent is unable to dexterity his attacks, meaning you have to block any projectiles. Then you look at his special 2 and it’s an unblockable one when he has armour. You may say that you can just make him use the first one, or stop him getting armour. But to that I’d say:

-power gain nodes and SP2 emphasis nodes make that an impossibility sometimes
    -Heimdall gets an armour buff maybe once every 5-7 hits judging by the gameplay. Couple that with an armour node and a true strike node and his sp2 will always be unblockable and undodgeable.

The icing on the cake is that his sp2 is a projectile attack. So you cannot dodge it, and you cannot block it. Even spark and daredevil autoevade cannot work due to true strike. Well done kabam, you’ve finally got to the stage where you’ve made a champ that we cannot evade or block, the only two ways in the game of avoiding hits.

He doesn’t need to be on a true strike node for this. He gets true strike every time he activates a special, so his SP2 will always be undodgeable. It only takes his own armor or an armor node to be unblockable and therefore completely impossible to avoid the the full damage. The only solution really is just making sure not to get him to SP2.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    He looks manageable tho. Parry, hit, and he loses auto block
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    He looks manageable tho. Parry, hit, and he loses auto block

Unless he’s on a true strike node and his abilities interact with it so that he never loses true strike. So he always has a chance to autoblock you and stun you.
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

Not to mention, I’ve just re-read this, and with true strike Heimdall’s opponent is unable to dexterity his attacks, meaning you have to block any projectiles. Then you look at his special 2 and it’s an unblockable one when he has armour. You may say that you can just make him use the first one, or stop him getting armour. But to that I’d say:

-Heimdall gets an armour buff maybe once every 5-7 hits judging by the gameplay. Couple that with an armour node and a true strike node and his sp2 will always be unblockable and undodgeable.

The icing on the cake is that his sp2 is a projectile attack. So you cannot dodge it, and you cannot block it. Even spark and daredevil autoevade cannot work due to true strike. Well done kabam, you’ve finally got to the stage where you’ve made a champ that we cannot evade or block, the only two ways in the game of avoiding hits.

He doesn’t need to be on a true strike node for this. He gets true strike every time he activates a special, so his SP2 will always be undodgeable. It only takes his own armor or an armor node to be unblockable and therefore completely impossible to avoid the the full damage. The only solution really is just making sure not to get him to SP2.

Brilliant, hadn’t even thought of that. A permanently unevadable special and one that for a very large percentage (if not all, due to armour nodes) of the fight will be unblockable.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

True but on a True Strike Node he'd be nearly impossible to beat with auto parry and unblockable specials since you can't evade.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Final boss does. I think it’s the only one though.

Node 27 also has true strike. Few more months and Blade/Sparky/GR attack teams won't be dominating like they have been for close to a year. Bring Luke Cage for Heimdall on true strike AW nodes.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    The other thing I noticed is that Heimdall doesn't get any benefit from his synergies......doesn't make any sense he's the only champ that basically has 0 synergy benefit.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Node 50 has True Strike as well, if I recall correctly. I remember wanting to use Quake to deal with its Bane but True Strike is also there
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

True but on a True Strike Node he'd be nearly impossible to beat with auto parry and unblockable specials since you can't evade.

A) I was only responding to Bitter Steel’s point about the unavoidable and unblockable SP2 potential.

B) This is probably true, but there’s a chance that True Strike from a node doesn’t give him those ancillary powers that his own True Strike does. This is what I think this whole thread is trying to confirm from mods.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

A) I was only responding to Bitter Steel’s point about the unavoidable and unblockable SP2 potential.

B) This is probably true, but there’s a chance that True Strike from a node doesn’t give him those ancillary powers that his own True Strike does. This is what I think this whole thread is trying to confirm from mods.

Damn you errant emojis