**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Damage Type: Mind Damage

rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
edited February 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I have been waiting for Emma Frost to be added since I began playing. This has led me to make a suggestion for a new Damage Type: Mind Damage:

--Mind Damage would be inflicted by champs like MODOK, SW, and, should they ever be added, Emma Frost and Legion. I am not familiar enough with the comics to be sure, but Magik, Psylocke and Phoenix could also possibly deal Mind Damage, to make the type less rarefied.
--Most Champs with Spidey Sense would suffer decreased Spidey Sense effectiveness when hit with Mind Damage, but Symbiote Spiderman's symbiotic enhancements could negate this. Magneto would also be immune to Mind Damage's effects. (Obviously, only the Heavy and/or Special Attacks would deal Mind Damage, so Magneto would not have a complete advantage over these Champs.)
--Taskmaster's abilities would also be slightly impaired.
--The Concussion Debuff would decrease the Mind Damage dealt or the side effects efficiency

Comments

• rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    Hey, you there! Yeah, I'm talking to you, Kabam! If you have read this thread, and I mean really read and thought about it, please tell me!
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    As good as these ideas could be Kabam has pretty much all characters sorted out till about 2020
    edited February 2018
    Update and Edit!

Two Combat Modes

Telepath Mode activates the Refraction and Mother of Three Passives.

Refraction - All Energy Damage taken has a chance to give a little extra Power.

Mother of Three - EF makes mental contact with one of the Stepford Cuckoos. Depending on the Cuckoo, she gains a particular permanent Buff. However, EF loses contact with a Cuckoo when hit more than once by a single multi-hit Heavy or Special attack, or when Stunned or Concussed. When this happens, she loses the Buff and goes into Diamond Mode.

Diamond Mode activates for 15 sec. when EF loses her Cuckoo Buff. For 2 seconds after recovering from a Stun, EF is Invincible. While in Diamond Mode EF is Bleed Immune and activates Perfect Cut.

Perfect Cut - All Physical Damage from external blows has a chance to become a Glancing Blow.

Signature Ability: Cerebro Linkup - EF releases a blast of Mind Damage based on current Power levels when EF goes into Diamond Mode. All Power is consumed.

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Cool idea. But why is she bleed immune?
    She can turn to diamond.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    She can turn to diamond.

Ah... didn’t know that. I thought she was just a powerful psychic
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    She can turn to diamond.

Oh she is
    Edit!
    Telepath Mode activates the Refraction and Mother of Five (or Three. depending on whether you care that 2 are dead) Passives.

Refraction - All Energy Damage taken has a chance to give a little extra Power.

Mother of Five/Three - EF makes mental contact with one of the Stepford Cuckoos. Depending on the Cuckoo, she gains a particular permanent Buff. However, EF loses contact with a Cuckoo when hit more than once by a single multi-hit Heavy or Special attack, or when Stunned or Concussed. When this happens, she loses the Buff and goes into Diamond Mode.

Phoebe- Power Steal activates every 10 seconds, stealing 5% of of the opponents's energy over 5 seconds.

Esme - Power Gain activates every 10 seconds, generating 25% of a bar of power over 5 seconds

Sophie - EF's Heavy attacks are Unstoppable. However, she is still vulnerable to Auto-Block.

Celeste - Armor Up increases Armor by a flat value.

Irma - ?
  • AhazuAhazu Posts: 37
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    You suffer mind damage every time you log in

loool :)
  • I want 6star mutan how to unlock
  • Clinton2111Clinton2111 Posts: 130
    This is already present in the game. Every time Kabam silently nerfs a hero, breaks game mechanics or introduces 'fun and interactive' content we suffer mind damage.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    I have been waiting for Emma Frost to be added since I began playing. This has led me to make a suggestion for a new Damage Type: Mind Damage:

--Mind Damage would be inflicted by champs like MODOK, SW, and, should they ever be added, Emma Frost and Legion. I am not familiar enough with the comics to be sure, but Magik, Psylocke and Phoenix could also possibly deal Mind Damage, to make the type less rarefied.
    --Most Champs with Spidey Sense would suffer decreased Spidey Sense effectiveness when hit with Mind Damage, but Symbiote Spiderman's symbiotic enhancements could negate this. Magneto would also be immune to Mind Damage's effects. (Obviously, only the Heavy and/or Special Attacks would deal Mind Damage, so Magneto would not have a complete advantage over these Champs.)
    --Taskmaster's abilities would also be slightly impaired.
    --The Concussion Debuff would decrease the Mind Damage dealt or the side effects efficiency

In addition to mid damage, it could either make champs hallucinate and cause SP to miss or do reduced damage
    Thanks, A_Noob. Here see my Reddit page for more on this:
    https://redd.it/7x20q0
    Boboman wrote: »
    Bahamut wrote: »
    She can turn to diamond.

Oh she is

Not 'just' that though...
    edited February 2018
    Edit:
    Refraction is active in Diamond Mode, not Telepath Mode
    The Mother of 3/5 Passive has been renamed Cuckoo Mentor

I am currently working on a Character Spotlight-style Champion rundown on Emma Frost. Any suggestions to make her realistically viable would be welcome.
    edited February 2018
    New Idea! I think this might be my best yet!

Instead of immediately giving bonus Power, Refraction converts absorbed Energy Damage into Power Sink Charges. When EF is hit by a Basic Energy Attack the Charge is renewed. Energy Special Attacks stack an additionmal charge. A Stack acts as a single Charge with multiplied Power value. If the Charge's timer runs out, the whole Stack expires. If EF is subjected to Armor Break or is hit by an opponent with True Strike or Direct Damage in effect, then she goes into Telepathic Mode and the Power Sink Charge is consumed, generating 25% of a Bar of Power immediately, and a full Bar for each additional charge in a Stack. Up to 4 Charges can stack, conferring a full 3 bars of Power.

Forget the Mind damage, though it would be cool. EF deals Energy Damage when in Telepath Mode and Physical Damage in Diamond Mode
  • Dan99Dan99 Posts: 132
    I was about to post the exact same idea but i'm glad I found this thread!

Yes! We want mind/psychic damage! It's a very important aspect of superhero comics in my opinion.

Apologies if this has been suggested earlier, but i think it would be an interesting idea if each character has a set amount of "mental hp", meaning, even if you were a physically tough character like Hyperion, your mental hp might just be average. Similarly, telepaths can defend themselves from psychic attacks and might have a higher "mental hp" or psychic resistance than normal. This brings a new dimension and depth to the game.

I've even gone so far as visualizing a separate hp bar for a character's mental hp.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    hope profesor xavier join the contest with this
    edited September 2018
    Just before I found out Frosst will be added, Imade a more complex and more interesting setup in a separate post! Here's the link:

TBA (to be added)
    Name: Emma Frost
    Class: Mutant
    Combat type: Tank? Burst?

Basic Abilities: Armor Up, Bleed and Poison Immunity, Evade, Refraction

Telepath Mode: EM has a constant Evade Up Buff against most Champions; exceptions are Magneto and Scarlet Witch and Frost herself. Spider-Champions suffer from decreased Evade chance. When Stunned or Concussed, EM switches to Diamond Mode.

Diamond Mode: While in DM, EM is immune to Bleed. While in DM, Refraction may activate. Armor Break causes EM to switch back to Telepath Mode.

Refraction's effects depend on how full the Power Meter is, as do the consequences of being Armor Broken.

Less than 1 Bar: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as Power.

Less than 2 Bars: Refraction has an 8% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later on. If EF reverts to TM before she uses L3 and Power is still between 1 and 2 bars, all stored energy is released as Direct Energy Damage as EF enters TM.
    Less than 3 Bars: Refraction has a 16% chance to absorb 10% of Energy Dmg as stored energy to be released later.

3 Bars: If L3 is not activated within 5 seconds, stored energy begins to dissipates at 20% per second as light, lowering enemy accuracy by 1% for each passing second (Max 5%). If Refraction activates before stored energy runs out then dissipation stops for one second before resuming. Stored energy is not restored. If Refraction activates within the first 5 seconds, the timer resets.

More than 2 Bars:. If EF is Stunned etc in TM she loses no more than 1.5 Bars of Power and deals 10% of all damage suffered since entering TM.
    If EF is Armor Broken in DM she loses at most 2.25 Bars of Power and deals 5% of all damage suffered since entering DM (except from preexisting Poison or Toxin debuffs) plus 5% of stored energy,osong the rest.

Note: EF's organic diamond structure prevents anything from getting inside her body...or out. Preexisting Poison or Toxin Debuffs will remain in DM and if their timer expires the effects will continue until she returns to TM. Be careful around Abomination and Archangel!

depending on the mode EF is in when a Special is activated, side effects will differ:

L1
    TM: EF deals Energy Dmg
    DM: EF deals Phys Dmg
    L2
    TM:
    DM: EF inflicts Armor Break
    L3:
    TM: EF concusses the enemy
    DM: EF releases all stored energy as Direct Damage

Note: it is impossible for EF to activate L3 in DM without having some amount of stored energy, though the amount varies.

Note: Auto-Block and Reflect Stun do not activate DM. Only regular Stuns such as from Parry or a Special Abity, or Concussion can activate DM.

Note: Magneto does not allow EF to read his thoughts, preventing here from gaining that increased Evade and protecting him from Evasion Rate decrease.

L1: EF enters TM and gives the enemy an intense migraine, dealing damage over time
    L2: EF enters DM and throws a series of rock-hard punches, inflicting Bleed on the enemy
    L3: EF enters DM, emitting energy as intense light, blinding the opponent as she enters DM and launches a telepathic assault on them, nearly driving them mad.

Synergy:
    Hellfire Queens with Phoenix
    Phoenix Hosts with Colossus and Magik
    Awakened Potential with Iceman: Armor Break has a chance to lower Armor rating without removing the Bleed and Poison Immunities.

Romance with Cyclops (New Xavier School)

Masteries:

Bleed enhancers and mitigators
    Health recgeneration
    Stun shortening

Good matchups:
    energy-based champs; eg Magneto but they are rare
    Opponent's without armor break
    Spidey variants; their Spidey sense is grossly impaired leaving them less able to evade

Poor matchups
    Champs with High Armor Break Rate

EDIT: I only just found out she is being added so if there was already knowledge of this I was unaware of it. So plz don't tell me that this is not how she turns out to be.