**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Heimdall true strike

Comments

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Over reaction. He will be manageable
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    Curse him and his buffs like true strike go to loki
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    r3h1v7q5241q.png

Not to mention, I’ve just re-read this, and with true strike Heimdall’s opponent is unable to dexterity his attacks, meaning you have to block any projectiles. Then you look at his special 2 and it’s an unblockable one when he has armour. You may say that you can just make him use the first one, or stop him getting armour. But to that I’d say:

-power gain nodes and SP2 emphasis nodes make that an impossibility sometimes
    -Heimdall gets an armour buff maybe once every 5-7 hits judging by the gameplay. Couple that with an armour node and a true strike node and his sp2 will always be unblockable and undodgeable.

The icing on the cake is that his sp2 is a projectile attack. So you cannot dodge it, and you cannot block it. Even spark and daredevil autoevade cannot work due to true strike. Well done kabam, you’ve finally got to the stage where you’ve made a champ that we cannot evade or block, the only two ways in the game of avoiding hits.

They already have a champ that gives you damage back when you hit them.
    A champ that gives you damage when you have a chance to activate an ability and then don't.
    Unavoidable damage over time dealing champs.
    Autoblock and auto parry champs.

This was the logical next step for them.

Just wait until summer 2019 when infinity wars 2 is out and Thanos has all of these abilities in one champ.

Yay!

Lol

PS. Can you direct me to the game play video, please?

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    If his heavy can be countered with a heavy then AA will be your best bet since he’s neither Bleed or Poison immune. Auto block is still boring to work around though.

You won't have to worry about heavy intercepting, as I don't think any stun immune nodes have True Strike. So you can parry/heavy him as long as he is on a True Strike node.

Forgot which node it is, but on path 3, the node at the triangle (25 maybe?) has true strike and stun immune

That one was changed to a mini-boss in higher tiers, unsure about lower tiers though.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    His sp2 is like IMIW sp1 avoid getting smacked by the blade and accept the energy blast doesnt seem hard lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    His sp2 is like IMIW sp1 avoid getting smacked by the blade and accept the energy blast doesnt seem hard lol

unless every hit of his special is unblockable like Corvus

Corvus has unblockable sp2 as well and that **** is easy too evade as well lol
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    Yes but if projectile u can't evade on true strike heimdall description of true strike says when active the opponent is unable to use dexterity meaning u can't evade u get hit by it instead

No you’re missing my point. If Heimdall has a projectile attack that cannot be blocked and cannot be evaded, and if every hit of the attack is unblockable. How are you going to evade it?

No you’re missing my point. If Heimdall has a projectile attack that cannot be blocked and cannot be evaded, and if every hit of the attack is unblockable. How are you going to evade it?

By standing far back when he activates just like when you facing Spidey in AW lol
    Bendy wrote: »
    Yes but if projectile u can't evade on true strike heimdall description of true strike says when active the opponent is unable to use dexterity meaning u can't evade u get hit by it instead

Standing back when he triggers sp2 you avoid his blade but will have to accept the second part which is the blue flame he unleashes

By standing far back when he activates just like when you facing Spidey in AW lol

If it’s a projectile that reaches the whole way across the screen then what help would standing back be?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,130 ★★★★★
    It says u can't evade so even if he don't use sp2 how u evading his basic hits if he gets to sp2 he will have so much fury that it be game over
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Ryl hops it Nice the case. If so @Kabam Miike has let Down me and my self to enjoe the game. So @Kabam Miike get This To the team Not ryl. A hood Call to counter dex now. It just gone be a **** money grab.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234

Standing back when he triggers sp2 you avoid his blade but will have to accept the second part which is the blue flame he unleashes

Revisiting these comments after I see Heimdall in action
    Fixxx wrote: »

Revisiting these comments after I see Heimdall in action

So will i, I kind of just wanted to have a discussion about it and see if kabam would comment and put my mind at ease, while also seeing what others think before we see him. I do want to say I’m not screaming nerf before we see him, just pointing to potential tough nodes and kind of dodgy mechanics.
    Personally, I don't think you're not. Theorizing on champ abilities is normal and should be expected, and asking for clarifications is never a bad thing. We'd rather go in with a little knowledge than barge in blind
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

If it’s a projectile that reaches the whole way across the screen then what help would standing back be?

May be only the first part is unblockable

That’s what I’m hoping for
    The L2 blast can be blocked. Thank goodness @BitterSteel
    Personally, I don't think you're not. Theorizing on champ abilities is normal and should be expected, and asking for clarifications is never a bad thing. We'd rather go in with a little knowledge than barge in blind

Sorry could you just clarify what you’re trying to say

No worries. I meant I don't think you're screaming nerf before we see him and just pointing out the possibilities presented by his abilities as we read them prior to seeing him in action
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    how about you go on youtube and see for yourself hmmm

No worries. I meant I don't think you're screaming nerf before we see him and just pointing out the possibilities presented by his abilities as we read them prior to seeing him in action

Great, thanks for clarifying. Yeah I’m just getting very tired of autoblock in the game.
  • Hey there everyone, I've gone ahead and asked the rest of the team about this. Only Heimdall's own True Strike will give him those extra abilities (his attacks being unable to be avoid with Dexterirty, his ability to trigger Parry against projectiles, and his chance to Auto-Block basic attacks); he will not gain them from a True Strike that comes from a node. The extra abilities he gets from having Armor Up or Fury Buffs can be activated from Buffs gained from nodes, though.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Hey there everyone, I've gone ahead and asked the rest of the team about this. Only Heimdall's own True Strike will give him those extra abilities (his attacks being unable to be avoid with Dexterirty, his ability to trigger Parry against projectiles, and his chance to Auto-Block basic attacks); he will not gain them from a True Strike that comes from a node. The extra abilities he gets from having Armor Up or Fury Buffs can be activated from Buffs gained from nodes, though.
    But stil pretty bad mechin with dex it US skil to avod danmged u take it away. Thah just por money.
    Hey there everyone, I've gone ahead and asked the rest of the team about this. Only Heimdall's own True Strike will give him those extra abilities (his attacks being unable to be avoid with Dexterirty, his ability to trigger Parry against projectiles, and his chance to Auto-Block basic attacks); he will not gain them from a True Strike that comes from a node. The extra abilities he gets from having Armor Up or Fury Buffs can be activated from Buffs gained from nodes, though.

Awesome, thank you for this @Kabam Zibiit the clarification is very appreciated. My mind has been put at ease.

Awesome, thank you for this @Kabam Zibiit the clarification is very appreciated. My mind has been put at ease.

Hold on, I’ve just re-read your response and thought about Heimdall’s abilities again. What about his L2, that means that whenever Heimdall has an armour stack his L2 is both unblockable and unevadable. So you just have to take the damage? Or is the second hit (which is the projectile hit) able to be blocked?

Basically:Is Heimdall L2 both hits unblockable?