**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Daredevil frequently whiffing - Am I the only one seeing this? [Under Investigation]

CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
This has happened last two rounds in AQ now. Off of parries, evades or mid combos. OG DD just flat out whiffs leaving you wide open to get smacked around. It used to be Starlord. Is Daredevil the new whiffer?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I'm getting it quite a bit in War too. It's those tiny arms...
  • Hmm, that's odd. I'm going to take this to the team. Are there any specific fights/opponents you guys remember seeing this against?
  • xxVINMANxxxxVINMANxx Posts: 23
    I posted this in the Bugs section after the last patch as well.

He whiffs against Spidey after a heavy for sure.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I have definitely seen this issue against various champs using DD
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    xxVINMANxx wrote: »
    I posted this in the Bugs section after the last patch as well.

He whiffs against Spidey after a heavy for sure.

Lol the bugs section is forbidden ground to kabam, probably didn't even get read
  • CA2HICA2HI Posts: 19
    I've had the same issue as well during AQ. It was against one of the science symbiotes that has the same heavy attack as Vision. He would whiff each time I dashed forward after he missed his heavy attack.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    any champ that does that same uppercut dash attack has that whiffing ever since after spidey heavies. example would be wolverine and DD.
  • DrBedlamDrBedlam Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Same for me! Especially against Spidey and Vision! Very frustrating and leaves you open to get wrecked!
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    Glad a mod responded, but seriously? This same complaint has been posted dozens of times. Why are you acting like it is new information? I personally have posted this complaint before.
  • CawnbreadCawnbread Posts: 19
    edited June 2017
    I have noticed that his uppercut doesn't connect when dashing toward the opponent in AW as well against spidey
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    Cawnbread wrote: »
    I have noticed that his uppercut doesn't connect when dashing toward the opponent in AW as well against spidey
    Exactly. This had been an issue for over a year actually, but still hasnt been fixed. Dd whiffs often when throwing medium uppercut at spiderman.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    OK @Kabam Wolf, here's your test case: Whiffed my way to death in AQ just now on node 79 (Immune) Map 5. If you block and perform a medium hit or evade and perform a medium hit DD completely whiffs and is wide open for a brutal attack. Happened to me 4 different times in the same fight. He's really broken. I won't even bother contacting support because they will just auto close my ticket without responding or if I'm lucky enough to get a response I'll get no resolution whatsoever just some empty platitudes. We invest so much into these champs. To experience this is beyond disappointing. Please fix this.
  • FxccsjFxccsj Posts: 13
    Og daredevils dash attack misses after visions/tech symbiotes heavy attack and leaves you open to easily get hit
    edited June 2017
    Since this has been a long running bug as others have mentioned, until there is a fix can we get rank down tickets? It's really not fair that we should invest such previous resources into our champs (some of which have been purchased with real $$) only to find later they are unusable. I spoke with several in my alliance and many say they just don't even use Daredevil anymore for this reason.

Buggy champions seems to be such a common occurrence these days. Until QA can improve I think providing temporary rank down tickets would be a nice compromise for those of us dealing with this frustration.
    What is the status of this? This bug has been confirmed in the old forums by moderators and dozens of threads have been opened up about it. Why is it still "under investigation" rather than being fully acknowledged and worked on?
    Bump
  • Turbomech85Turbomech85 Posts: 10
    Whiffing on Joe fixit when intercepting, or after blocking and he throws a heavy attack. See the same with other champs too, fixit is the one that sticks out though
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Hmm, that's odd. I'm going to take this to the team. Are there any specific fights/opponents you guys remember seeing this against?

I appreciate what you're doing, but there are too many of these glitches. While I haven't gotten any of them, it's almost Bethesda​-tier buggy
    Cheyneed wrote: »
    What is the status of this? This bug has been confirmed in the old forums by moderators and dozens of threads have been opened up about it. Why is it still "under investigation" rather than being fully acknowledged and worked on?

This is a very good question. Can we please get an update?
  • HaydyhoHaydyho Posts: 3
    Yep, I get this too. I thought it was just me...
    Can this please be updated?
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    Yes I got the same problem with netflix daredevil against a science symbiote in AQ. After the enemy's heavy attack daredevil mostly can't hit the enemy, but only the air and then daredevil get hit by the enemy. It's so frustating!

I am using an android device with the 14.0.0 version of the game.

Please fix this issue kabam.
    edited July 2017
    shingbab wrote: »

Yet somehow this is still "under investigation..."
    @shingbab Awesome. This video demonstrates perfectly.

@Kabam Miike What else do you need to fix this? Can we get an ETA?

If this cannot be fixed in a timely fashion can those of us with R5 4* Daredevils (or R3 5*) get two (2) rank down tickets? One to rank down while you fix this bug and one to rank our DD back up later when he's usable again. I stopped bringing mine to AQ because he was getting me killed!

It's utterly ridiculous that we invest so much into these champs and can't even use them. Time AND real $$$. Come on please do the right thing here.
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    Daredevil, Moon knight, Gwenpool, beast, Phoenix, any Spiderman, Magik, Sw & the list goes on. That's on top of certain defensive, offensive & special moves not working or activating incorrectly or not at all.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I dont have a DD classic, but have experienced very similar "oddities" with a number of other champs. Champs whiffing, getting evaded on when an opponent is "set" in their heavy atk(not just spidey), L2 being triggered but still be hit while its starting and then it gets somehow "nullified" and dissapears after 1st initial hit(L2 sound effects play and power bar goes down). Very consistent in freezing/lagging when on the atk towards an endmatch combo and also routine 5 hit combos ending with a medium/light atk tends to change into a hvy atk always leaving room to be countered. To be fair it could be just player error, but I've been playing this game daily over 2 1/2yrs with a standard routine pattern in my atks with probably a realistic 95% success rate(if combo begins) and its difficult to imagine that I consistently make the same mistake on the same move at the same approximate time/scenario only. I'm not really savvy on forums so Ive never even read posts let alone reply to one until the whole 12.0.1 update drama. Guess I better start recording my fights and post the ones that show "oddities". Pretty disheartening to hear so many state they have made numerous attempts to advise Kabam of legitimate issues, and yet here we still are.
  • KingKong666KingKong666 Posts: 48
    Happened to me in AW this evening.
    Classic DD (me) vs Cosmic Spidey
    First unblockable lvl 1 node center path between poison and bleed node
    2 wiffs both after cosmic Spidey heavy attack

Android
    Samsung S5-Neo
    Any progress on this?