**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

PSA: Not all content is meant to be easy

I get everyones frustrations at the start of every month when it feels like the whole world is against you and no matter what you do, you just can't clear the content. But, the harder content is exactly that. Harder. Not everyone is going to be able to walk through it without spending items and units. But that is the whole point of a progression based game. You can complain that players with bigger rosters have it easier, and they do, but they too were at your stage once struggling to complete anything. A better way to tackle these problems would be ask people for help. The community will help you, if you don't have a certain champ, we'll try to help you with someone you do have. If you absolutely can't, you have to learn to accept that that is your current ceiling and you will have to grind and improve your roster. Soon, you too will be able to walk through content. But for now, patience.

Comments

• Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    Even though someone is a long time player, that doesn't mean that they necessarily have or have ranked up the champs that will help them get through harder content easier. The game has shifted in a lot of ways to you having the perfect counter to the enemy you're fighting, or for you to plan on having a harder fight or spend units. These days you have to have a very well-rounded team to beat a lot of the endgame content easier. I still run into the same issue myself, but I'm learning which champs I need to focus more on and how to plan a winning strategy..
  • Daredevil222Daredevil222 Posts: 29
    edited August 2018
    I agree, but domino is still bull. I won’t complain about things being hard, except when it comes to domino. She is too much in my opinion. But the hydra adaptiod? He’s tricky but in an acceptable way. They did pretty good this month and last. They should come up with new challenges.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    I agree, but domino is still bull. I won’t complain about things being hard, except when it comes to domino. She is too much in my opinion. But the hydra adaptiod? He’s tricky but in an acceptable way. They did pretty good this month and last. They should come up with new challenges.

Even Domino has her counters, bro. Tech all the way.
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    Harder content??? Rather I would say impossible content. (Speaking about 3.1)

Let me explain,
    We use 3 types of tricks to hit the opponent, baiting SPL, baiting heavy, interception. I cant bait SPL because after which he becomes unstoppable for 3 seconds, I cant bait heavy due to overwhelming power gain he again resort to spl. And I can't intercept when he is unstoppable. His unstoppable and power gain are always there. Please tell me when to hit him to complete the fight.

Righteous attack, medusa is countered by physical resistance, for voodoo he is poison immune, only 2 champs to use is magik and Morningstar. But magik has to fill 3rd power bar, ms moves weirdly so you can't always intercept after reaching less than 25%.

They even gave regen buff so step by step process won't work out..

And top most worst thing is Morningstar SPL 2 could draw out 18% when all possible buffs are active.now I am at 873hp left in opponent and all champs are k.o.

So I say these buffs make the game impossible this month.

I'm one who seeks end game content. I now rarely consider 4*. The point is if it's this much tougher for me , whats the position of newly act 5 completing summoners. A friend from my alliance completed uncollected yesterday . I bet she definitely not like the difficulty..
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I mean… you’re half right.

A lot of it is different interesting nodes that keep players on their toes, but there are also instances of making players tap dance on a bed on nails if they don’t have this specific champion owned and ranked up at least as a 4*

Then you also have a sea of red tape regarding bugs, overheating, and occasionally mishandled abilities being nerfed after “working as intended” was actually bugged in a way they didn’t understand at the time (like the way Danger Sense could only ignore the AAR-I of dimensional beings but it was inexplicably also doing it to Mordo who is a mystic villain but not a dimensional)

And then you have INFINITY WAR IRON MAN and DOMINO! One fundamentally has 4(?) counters including the 2 children of Thanos, MEDUSA, and the all mightly pillow fist… (I’ve been informed it’s allegedly “iron” fist)

Meanwhile domino can basically shut out 5/6 the game with an overpowered Sp1 while you’re unlucky or kill you just for using the resonate mastery COMPLETELY limiting you to Gladiator Hulk if you want to keep your playstyle for the other 99% of encounters but also want to kill Domino in war without dying. The entire reason AQ Dormammu isn’t awakened is because they did not wish to punish players for playing well, and now with domino I gotta say it seems like an ill conceived defensive mechanic (oh and... offensive and defense tailored champs exist because of mephisto’s bio despite “official word” way back when diversity was announced saying otherwise)

MODOK and Medusa are fun to fight as challenges but… beef up those 2 and even the most mundane nodes become a death sentence (oh joy…they’re gonna be in the new DUNGEONS)
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    I'm gonna try and answer as many of you as I can, it's gonna be long so bear with me.

@Onemaeus @Kil63 @Epsilon3
    I completely agree with you guys when you say there are some literally impossible nodes. They annoy the hell out of me too and I have a pretty decent roster. I can't imagine how people with smaller rosters must feel. The only reason I'm still ok with these kind of nodes is that otherwise the game would become too easy. There are a lot of players with far more developed rosters who are looking for the challenge. And there are way more players who don't and find these challenges unbeatable. And therein lies the problem in a game that has such a wide player base. They have to make content for everyone that makes them want to play and spend time in their game, while making it enjoyable and challenging. What you might find easy, someone else might find difficult, and what you find difficult, some else might find it easy. It sucks, but that is the whole point about progression and there's not much that can be done as Kabam has to placate the entire player base. I'm not gonna talk about bugs and issues cause that's a whole other discussion which won't help anyone right now.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    Dude.....it's insane on Master, let alone Uncollected. There's no need to be condescending.

@GroundedWisdom I fail to see where I am being condescending in my post. I am trying to explain in the nicest way possible the complexities of a game that is progress based. No where did I mention in my post that everyone complaining should just get good. It is more to do with players having to understand that there is always a line past which they can't go unless they either throw a ton of units, or have the right champ. And having the right champ is part of the progression curve. The more you play, the higher the likelihood that you have the right champ. Like I mentioned in my post above, "They have to make content for everyone that makes them want to play and spend time in their game, while making it enjoyable and challenging. What you might find easy, someone else might find difficult, and what you find difficult, some else might find it easy." There will always be players on both ends of the spectrum but people have to understand that maybe if they are finding it that difficult, they are shooting above their weight. Which is a good thing because that's the only way you will improve. Do that consistently and soon they'll be able to clear that content they were once stuck at.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    “It’s something that happens too often on here. Anytime someone says something is too far, or too amped up, people always jump on them, saying there's nothing wrong”

My god the irony is so thick here...I literally can’t believe I just read that. Lol.

We had an easy event quest uncollected last month. Thanos was hard. Xforce was easy. Each month differs. This isn’t “insane” and neither is master, and saying that shows that some people should probably concentrate on becoming uncollected and improving the skills they have, rather than being upset about their dupes or whining about this month being challenging. There’s ways to beat this month without spending a single unit. And I’m sorry but the OP is right on this. Look at videos, tips, practice, use the champs you have, and accept if you can’t pass it and the level you’re at in the game. I wasn’t upset when I wasn’t able to get through act 5 when others were doing it, I worked at it and practiced and studied the nodes and maps. Maybe take your own advice instead of randomly deciding to be supportive of a few people saying this month is too hard. Once again we have GW asking for content to be changed to fit his level in the game, and using a few other players opinions to extrapolate and somehow speak for the majority. What a strange hill to climb suddenly.

• Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Did my run through uncollected 0 items used...redskull was cake but the sym was difficult I lost 2 guys to him. Still easier than icephoenix was
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Even with the bugs like blocking just stopping mid combo...having specials blocked 70% of the time, seems the evade of champs has been ramped up also...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    We clearly have to disagree on this one. Making something a challenge is one thing. Making it too hard to appease the "Rough and Tumble" is another. When it's too far, it's too far. You can't just force everyone else to do content on your level of challenge, just because you think it's too easy. We're talking about EQ. Not End-Game. People depend on those Rewards every month to progress and grow. Gradually making it more challenging is useful because people grow at a pace. Blindsiding them doesn't help anyone. It just ruins the experience for many people, and challenge becomes frustrating to the point where the experience doesn't feel worth it.
    People are sharing their experience. By the time you get to Master and Uncollected, you're not new. Quite frankly, it is belittling to have people shoot concerns down and brush them off as if they're just shying away from a challenge. Personally, I rarely even comment on the challenge level of these. Even Domino was manageable, but the Assassins Missions were too amped up for the payout. This is just too much. Blindsiding applies when you're met with a challenge that is in no way proportionate to what you're doing. If I have to use 12 Revs on a Master Boss, there's a problem. You grow through consistent effort. When difficulty increases gradually, you can meet the changes and still be challenged reasonably. When there's an inconsistent increase in difficulty, that's a problem. To be honest, I'm tired of hearing people put down when something is too challenging, and the real contradiction is that the majority are the first ones to speak up when something like Node 30 is introduced. The difference being Top Tier Wars aren't the same as Master EQ. Something is amiss when it's that challenging. There are too many people who agree with me in that to be dismissed as just "not trying".
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    We clearly have to disagree on this one. Making something a challenge is one thing. Making it too hard to appease the "Rough and Tumble" is another. When it's too far, it's too far. You can't just force everyone else to do content on your level of challenge, just because you think it's too easy. We're talking about EQ. Not End-Game. People depend on those Rewards every month to progress and grow. Gradually making it more challenging is useful because people grow at a pace. Blindsiding them doesn't help anyone. It just ruins the experience for many people, and challenge becomes frustrating to the point where the experience doesn't feel worth it.

Forced you not forced to run masters it's too hard for you cool go back to heroic...

Yeah I is noob. I is never runded the Masterz. I can haz skeels?
    -.-
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Dude.....it's insane on Master, let alone Uncollected. There's no need to be condescending.

It's not tho that's the problem.. I finished uncollected already found nothing unreasonable at all

You're one person. Many people are saying it's too much. It's something that happens too often on here. Anytime someone says something is too far, or too amped up, people always jump on them, saying there's nothing wrong, "Git Gud", not all content is for everyone, etc. Only there's valid feedback being given. One person is a personal problem. Many is an issue. It's too much, and just because people got past it doesn't mean it's not an issue. There are other people playing as well.

There are about just as many people saying it's too difficult as there are people saying the difficulty is challenging but fine. Not everyone is just saying "git gud" but some are actually try to provide constructive feedback to those struggling with this challenge in terms of what champs are best to use and strategies. The best guides come from YouTube because it's much easier to watch and learn from a video than it is through text. The problem is that it's hard to give advice to struggling players without (some) people taking it as condescending everytime. It's also a bit too dramatic to claim new content is too difficult on day 1. This happens all too often here and it's the same pattern - they claim day 1 content is too hard because their emotional from having all their champs wiped out and not able to clear it on their first try. Then a few days later people start to figure out how to best beat the content and the complaints die down. Thanos boss is a perfect example of that, as well as many other times with special challenge events and boss rush challenges.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Something is amiss when it's that challenging. There are too many people who agree with me in that to be dismissed as just "not trying".

Judging by how many 'Agrees' the first post in this thread has versus the amount you have, I would not agree with that statement lol
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    Uncollected is meant to be hard. Not meant for everyone to be able to clear it.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    @GroundedWisdom @Shevvel rather than overthinking on difficulty...U need to understand that not every content can be cleared with God tier or ur best available champs...Think out of the box and it is urs to take........Theres a champ who makes both adaptoid nd red skull piece of cake....even used as a 3 star......In uncollected eq....Think out of the box and you will get past....
This discussion has been closed.