**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Boring monthly events like GP goes to...

Dear Kabam,

Rewards are great this month and its perfect that also new players get a chance to move forward a little bit faster 👍 Should be possible too with events like Bautista and co.

But for me (prestige +/- 7k) its more then boring this time. So isnt it possible to determine events difficulty by the players prestige? Maybe in brackets?

So stronger accs would be challenged and not reciving rewards for autoplay and the smaller fellows have the chance to close the gap and rank up bit faster 🤔

And maybe reduce the total number of fights necessary? Its so damn boring

Comments

• Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    yeah it's nice cause it'll be next to a free 5* for nearly all players. Like I was able to get all the Epic quests done 100% in an afternoon. I'm definitely gonna be going for 100% all difficulties...
    Oh yeah and I'm hoping for at least a 3* iron man cause then I can get the Avengers Crit Chance Team Synergy... I've only got a 2* one so far so hey I'd be fine with a 5* of him...
    So yeah I wouldn't say this is 'compensation' per sé... but still it's a nice break from the horrible rewards we've been getting from the events of the last 2 months... so yeah good job Kabam! Please keep doing this sort of amazing stuff!
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Why does everything need to be a challenge to do in this game? It's already enough challenge trying to play this game because simple gameplay mechanics don't work half the time.
    Also when did the idea of every new event needs to be difficult start? This game doesn't need to be bust your thumbs hard all the time. Let it be relaxing once in a while.
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Jesus people need to get a grip. He is right. The EPIC level has champs at like 2000 rating. That is truly pathetic. Auto play is annoying as hell amd its nice to use different champs on the side content and test them against harder opponents.
    These quests are to easy for anyone let alone long term players
    And his proposal is for different difficulties in relation to rosters so it doesnt make it harder for anyone that hasnt git the rister to deal with. The epic level should be uncollected level or at least master
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's literally the first week. It will most likely go up in difficulty. Even if it doesn't, is an easy 5* that much to complain about? I do it on Auto when I'm doing something else. It doesn't even need your full attention. Look, Click, Leave, Repeat. Come on, now. Lol.
    It's literally the first week. It will most likely go up in difficulty. Even if it doesn't, is an easy 5* that much to complain about? I do it on Auto when I'm doing something else. It doesn't even need your full attention. Look, Click, Leave, Repeat. Come on, now. Lol.

Because like i said mate end game players need more challenging content. The are some people that actually like playing. And the auto feature fight us beyond stupid. Let people pick a path. Having to move and start fights each time makes it next to useless for alot of people.
    80% of new content is total mind numbingly easy and boring.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Sweatlip wrote: »
    Because like i said mate end game players need more challenging content. The are some people that actually like playing. And the auto feature fight us beyond stupid. Let people pick a path. Having to move and start fights each time makes it next to useless for alot of people.

Hey if end game players want challenging content, here's a suggestion. Go through earlier content, but doing it with certain restrictions. For example, take Seatin's 3* Master Mode Challenge. You could also try playing with champions that you don't normally play with, or maybe even try it with different mastery setups if you have the units for it (you could try removing essential masteries like Parry...)

Seriously it's not like MCOC forces you to play a certain way. There is almost ALWAYS some way you can make something harder for yourself on purpose.
    (this is why I hate it when people say something is 'too easy'...)
    Mathking13 wrote: »

Hey if end game players want challenging content, here's a suggestion. Go through earlier content, but doing it with certain restrictions. For example, take Seatin's 3* Master Mode Challenge. You could also try playing with champions that you don't normally play with, or maybe even try it with different mastery setups if you have the units for it (you could try removing essential masteries like Parry...)

Seriously it's not like MCOC forces you to play a certain way. There is almost ALWAYS some way you can make something harder for yourself on purpose.
    (this is why I hate it when people say something is 'too easy'...)

Seriously responses like that are so stupid. Your answer is go back and do content to get no rewards? Ffs anyone can see that a challenge with 5 difficulty levels should have higher champs than 2000 on the hardest level. Just like you have to make levels that beginner intermidiate players can handle you also have to do the same to jeep long term players interest. All we have now is a month long bore fest that challenges absolutely no one.
    All new content should have levels of difficulty to challenge all levels so everyone has fresh challenges. Rerunning boring old content with a champ u dont use is a ridiculous suggestion for long term fixes
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★

This is where you continually get it wrong. And many do. Not just you.

I don’t care to get another 5* Crystal. I can beat everything with the champs I have. And I don’t have the good ones.

Can you?

I wanna be CHALLENGED
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    80% of new content is total mind numbingly easy and boring.

I guess it's time to quit the game then....peace!

• Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    This is basically a movie challenge, like the recent Evangeline Lilly challenge, but spread out into 4 weeks. Four chapters of increasing difficulty, like normal. These chapters are just released once a week.

Bunch of Goldilocks around here.
    This quest is too hard. This quest is too easy.
    Whaa whaa whaa
    You people are talking like the ratings are really high and people are asking for collector level difficulty. The top one is 2000 ratings. That is ridiculous. The levels of champs are already set out with the monthly quests. If u wanna dumb it down a bit they at least should be the same ball park. And this event aint a blessing. If it was just this week fair enough but dragging these things out over a month is way too much. The op aint started a moan thread just for the sake of it like you see alot on here. This is a genuine problem. The game should cater for all levels and for all people pushing hard or not.
    And the lower level people really need to realise that they aint entitled to to big rewards just because they play. The older players had it so much harder

Unfortunately, the game is played by a lot more people than just the top 5-10% who aren't challenged by much. Not every Event and every piece of content needs to be hours and hours of finger-numbing Fights. It's a celebration of 10 years of MCU. That's the focus. I'm sorry, but if something comes along that is not hard, that's a good thing. We don't need to make everything geared towards adding a level of difficulty only enjoyed by a small number of people. Let's face it. Some people won't be challenged no matter what they put out. I wouldn't go so far as to say they should find another game, but I would say they're bored no matter what, and very little this game has to offer will challenge them. It's a fun, little Event. Sometimes you can enjoy something and have some hair left. ;)

And thats why there are different difficulty levels mate. Im not being elitest at all. Just like there has to be a level that a level 30 player finds something fun and challenging, there also has to be that for all levels.
    This is basically a movie challenge, like the recent Evangeline Lilly challenge, but spread out into 4 weeks. Four chapters of increasing difficulty, like normal. These chapters are just released once a week.

Bunch of Goldilocks around here.
    This quest is too hard. This quest is too easy.
    Whaa whaa whaa

And thats the problem dragging it out for the whole month mate. When those other challenges happen the end game players walk through the first 3 chapters with their eyes closed. 3 weeks of that is just not fun
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    And the lower level people really need to realise that they aint entitled to to big rewards just because they play. The older players had it so much harder

Unfortunately, the game is played by a lot more people than just the top 5-10% who aren't challenged by much. Not every Event and every piece of content needs to be hours and hours of finger-numbing Fights. It's a celebration of 10 years of MCU. That's the focus. I'm sorry, but if something comes along that is not hard, that's a good thing. We don't need to make everything geared towards adding a level of difficulty only enjoyed by a small number of people. Let's face it. Some people won't be challenged no matter what they put out. I wouldn't go so far as to say they should find another game, but I would say they're bored no matter what, and very little this game has to offer will challenge them. It's a fun, little Event. Sometimes you can enjoy something and have some hair left. ;)

And thats why there are different difficulty levels mate. Im not being elitest at all. Just like there has to be a level that a level 30 player finds something fun and challenging, there also has to be that for all levels.

Entitled? Don't think so. I remember how hard it was to get a 5*. The game has changed. I've been around for a few years now. What I'm saying is not every Event needs to be that challenging. Sometimes it can be a fun, little Quest. That benefits everyone. Not just the "lower level" people. Fact is, it will probably get harder.
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54

Let's get something straight - yes, indeed older players went through hard times getting, where they're at now. But are you really trying to justify that newer/lower level players should be unable to obtain 5-stars? Receiving a 5-star these days is almost a standard now, compared to when they first released. So, how exactly does it affect you that a player gets a 5-star? If it was a 6-star champion, I would understand you complaining - but that is absolutely not the case at all.
    Please, get off your high horse. The fact that you took your time out to complain about other players receiving some good rewards, for them to progress through the game and give them a chance to compete with the rest of us, makes you an elitist. Here's the funny part and lots of people have pointed it out; it's only the first week - so people aren't even guaranteed what you call the big rewards, lol.
    Nabilety wrote: »

Let's get something straight - yes, indeed older players went through hard times getting, where they're at now. But are you really trying to justify that newer/lower level players should be unable to obtain 5-stars? Receiving a 5-star these days is almost a standard now, compared to when they first released. So, how exactly does it affect you that a player gets a 5-star? If it was a 6-star champion, I would understand you complaining - but that is absolutely not the case at all.
    Please, get off your high horse. The fact that you took your time out to complain about other players receiving some good rewards, for them to progress through the game and give them a chance to compete with the rest of us, makes you an elitist. Here's the funny part and lots of people have pointed it out; it's only the first week - so people aren't even guaranteed what you call the big rewards, lol.

What are u talking about mate?i said that in response to someone saying that quests should be beatable by lower players. Im not on my high horse at all and always think of all player bases. Thats was the op point if you read it properly. A way to test end game players via their rosters so its fair. The point is that things ha e gotten so dumbed down for the lower players to catch up. I understand that completely but lol and act 5 have been out too long now. You have to have viable content to test all players all the time. I dont care if i fight higher champs for the same rewards i just want to be challenged.

Read my posts collectively and u will se that i havent moaned about other people getting stuff either mate.
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54

What are u talking about mate?i said that in response to someone saying that quests should be beatable by lower players. Im not on my high horse at all and always think of all player bases. Thats was the op point if you read it properly. A way to test end game players via their rosters so its fair. The point is that things ha e gotten so dumbed down for the lower players to catch up. I understand that completely but lol and act 5 have been out too long now. You have to have viable content to test all players all the time. I dont care if i fight higher champs for the same rewards i just want to be challenged.

I believe what end-game players are asking for is what they will get very soon with Act 6, which is right around the corner. With regards to the Event being beatable even by low-end players, you can't be so naive to think that a single 5-star champion will pave the way through any obstacle. Suppose that a low-end player with a poor roster actually completes it - what makes you think that they will immediately catch up with the high-end players? You say that things have gotten dumbed down, as if it has been like this forever, and as if Kabam hasn't been aware that introducing new difficulties, like Uncollected, in the monthly Event Quests, was necessary, to cater to some of the high-end players and keep the contest fresh. Or Seasons in Alliance War to keep the competitive spirit alive amongst the top alliances. So don't tell me that high-end players are out of challenges, cause obviously that is not true.
    Act 5 has been out for roughly a year or so, and chapter 4 was released in December - how is that a long time? Find me any game, movie or series (whatever the media is) that puts out quality contents under a span of a year. I agree that there should be viable content to test all players, but in my opinion, when you have those top alliances, who just pay to force through all the challenges, such as Labyrinth of Legends, and then ask for more content to challenge them, it is really not a matter of challenge at that point. Simultaneously, with the high-end players, with good enough roster to deal with most of the content with ease, should understand that they've reached their goal for now, and prepare for the new contents coming up, cause I'm sure it wont be a walk in the park.