**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5 star shards for master mode are less than heroic???

bhq8exazt9nd.jpg

Not complaining but just seems odd a lesser difficulty rewards more 5 star shards...

Comments

• IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    It doesn't reward more , master rewards 1500
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    andyh122 wrote: »
    Not complaining but just seems odd a lesser difficulty rewards more 5 star shards...

Heroic awards 1000 5* shards for full exploration, but none for chapter completion. Master awards 300 5* shards per chapter completion, plus 600 more for full exploration. Master overall awards more.

It may seem odd that when you focus on just the full exploration rewards the master mode rewards offer fewer 5* shards, but that's in part because you're getting more in chapter completion, but also because the rewards are shifting towards other things, like T2A fragments. Technically, master mode offers fewer 4* shards as heroic as well, but it probably seems more obvious why that is the case. The same is true for 5* shards in a more complicated way: rewards are being distributed earlier and more often, and also some lower rewards are dropping out and higher rewards are being added in.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    It seems like Kabam is taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back when listening to feedback. Last month there were no 5* shards in heroic, while master completion rewarded 2500 5* shards. They announce that players no longer have to complete heroic to unlock master (if they meet the requirements), but now if you still want a full 5* crystal from the EQ you have to still complete heroic. Last month you also had to complete heroic master and uncollected to get 10k shards. Plus side is its good for players who can only complete heroic, but it still doesnt address the issue that more advanced players do not want to have to complete heroic if they want that monthly 5*

You definitely read something wrong
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    It seems like Kabam is taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back when listening to feedback. Last month there were no 5* shards in heroic, while master completion rewarded 2500 5* shards.

This is false. Heroic always awards 1k and master has 1500. Then Uncollected does 7500 so you get one full crystal every month if you do all 3.
    They announce that players no longer have to complete heroic to unlock master (if they meet the requirements), but now if you want a full 5* crystal from the EQ you have to still complete heroic.

Again false. The full array of heroic rewards weren't shown last month because there wasn't enough space due to the Pym canisters, but if you completed the event you received them.

The Heroic/Master lock interaction has been in place for a long time. The only recent exceptions to that have been this month and the Deadpool event 2 months ago which were "player appreciation" style events.
  • andyh122andyh122 Posts: 22
    It's just weird to look at I suppose I realize you get more in total because of the chapter rewards but with the difficulty ramp up in master for a player that doesnt have the most stacked roster and has only completed 2 master modes in his mcoc career (lol noob) I just think that for fully completing the event you should get more shards as an act reward or whatever you want to call it
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    It seems like Kabam is taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back when listening to feedback. Last month there were no 5* shards in heroic, while master completion rewarded 2500 5* shards.

This is false. Heroic always awards 1k and master has 1500. Then Uncollected does 7500 so you get one full crystal every month if you do all 3.
    They announce that players no longer have to complete heroic to unlock master (if they meet the requirements), but now if you want a full 5* crystal from the EQ you have to still complete heroic.

Again false. The full array of heroic rewards weren't shown last month because there wasn't enough space due to the Pym canisters, but if you completed the event you received them.

The Heroic/Master lock interaction has been in place for a long time. The only recent exceptions to that have been this month and the Deadpool event 2 months ago which were "player appreciation" style events.

oh ****...my bad you are right
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    also the missing 1000 shards were in the calender last month???
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

Ther wher Not missing any. Only gav US Them for free
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    It seems like Kabam is taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back when listening to feedback. Last month there were no 5* shards in heroic.

The 1000 shards in heroic were there. They were just not displayed in the reward screen because of the pym canisters.

What missing shards?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    andyh122 wrote: »
    It's just weird to look at I suppose I realize you get more in total because of the chapter rewards but with the difficulty ramp up in master for a player that doesnt have the most stacked roster and has only completed 2 master modes in his mcoc career (lol noob) I just think that for fully completing the event you should get more shards as an act reward or whatever you want to call it

Some people can’t finish Master 100%. Would you rather there were 300 5* shards for every chapter they can complete, or that it was all locked behind 100%?

I know on my second account I like to 100% the first chapter just to get those rewards, but it hasn’t progressed enough to 100% Master yet.
  • Akarsh383Akarsh383 Posts: 76
    Master gives a total of 1600 5 star shards. It gives 300 for each chapter exploration and 600 for overall exploration. Hard difficulty gives only 1000 shards
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Akarsh383 wrote: »
    Master gives a total of 1600 5 star shards. It gives 300 for each chapter exploration and 600 for overall exploration. Hard difficulty gives only 1000 shards

1500*