**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drop rates for PHC

I have been noticing that I got 2 stars from every single PHC for the past few months.
Can I check if the drop rates for crystals will be set so that everyone can have a fair or at least a chance of getting PHC.
I understand the drop rates for PHC for 3 and 4 stars are based on crystal to crystal and not overall crystals. But opening 30 to 50 PHC and getting ONLY 2 stars. There is something wrong with the drop rates, please look into it.
What is the point of displaying 3 and 4 stars if you only get 2 stars.
In the past it was better, but over the past couple of months not even 1 3 star from a PHC. There is something wrong with the drop rate RNG. Im not sure about other players, if you are receiving the same problem do post and bump up.

ID: Amberzzero

Comments

• jilanibuxjilanibux Posts: 64
    I agree tbh the entire period of July I must've opened a lot of PHCs (Arena Grind) and only 2 stars and maybe 1 or 2 3* champs if that. Then this week I've had a 4* Wolverine (1st Time Dupe) and a 4* Quake (1st Time Dupe as well).

It's just luck believe me when I say that. But I gotta say the drop rate is absolutely ridiculous even for 3* champs
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    I tried both methods, opening PHC shards as soon as when i got enough shards from arena and quests, mostly 2stars...
    Then i tried collecting PHC shards for one whole week and open like 30-40phc at once, i had gotten around 2-4 4stars....
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I open the PHC's as soon as I get shards for them. Pulled a 4star Hype a few days ago, and a 4star Carnage last week.
    It doesn't really matter whether you open 1, 2 or 40 at a time.
  • But if you play arenas often, and get a 4 star every week does that reduce the chances of a 4 star being detected and lower rates for 4 stars in PHC?

I realise upon long breaks from the game I tend to get much better stuff than if I were to open them when I am actively playing.
    Is this true for you guys?

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    No. Just no. These crystal opening conspiracies refuse to die. You still see people asking "did you pop them or soon them" or "did you drag if from the left corner of the screen" etc. It's simple probability.

The odds of getting x 2*s in a row is 0.84^x

The odds of getting a 4* from x pulls would be 1 - 0.98^x (that is, 100% minus the odds of missing on every single pull).
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I got 2 4*s our if PHCs last week. It’s RNG.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Amberzzero wrote: »
    But if you play arenas often, and get a 4 star every week does that reduce the chances of a 4 star being detected and lower rates for 4 stars in PHC?

I realise upon long breaks from the game I tend to get much better stuff than if I were to open them when I am actively playing.
    Is this true for you guys?

Wellllllllll, I feel like this is sort of true. After taking about a three month break, (burnout is real!) I 100% heroic and get the five star shards for a crystal. I’m about a week into playing again and lo and behold, out comes Medusa. I had also gotten a 5* cosmic gem from chaos rifts so I feel like kabam did that on purpose.

• LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    I let my alt sit untouched for a few months, logged in and opened 6 4* from phc that day from crystals I had saved up. That was in may. Haven't opened a single one since. On my main account I went 7 months of only 2* from phc. Zero 3* or 4*. Dropped $30 into the game or units to finish content I was stuck on and first 2 phc I opened were both 4*. Morningstar and kingpin. Since then I have opened 2 3* and the rest 2*. Talk to free to play ppl who have been playing 3+ years and you will see that over time the drops get worse and champs pulled are mostly year 1.
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Every PHC has a 2% chance to contain a 4* hero. You could argue if you open 100 crystals you can expect to get on average 2 4* heroes. However, that isn't how odds work. You could open 1000 PHC and still never get a 4* hero and at the same time a person can open 1000 PHC and get 500 4* heroes.

You may need to take a course in statistics to understand this phenomena.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I got like 5 to 6 4 stars from my phcs in june.. Have got just 2 or 3 3 stars ever since
  • i saved up for 250 PHCs last month. not a single 4* at all. I almost quit that day
  • Ajc10Ajc10 Posts: 74
    It's all about luck and doesn't really matter.
    I always pop them instead of spin though cuz I'm too lazy but I think both are the same.
    As for popping one crystal at a time or multiple crystals, all I can say is I managed to get 4* from both ways (some of them are god tier champs) so once again it doesn't really matter. But nowadays I usually open phc 3 at a time.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Got 4* DV and Blade from PHC in the past month.