**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Let’s see what the general consensus is. Should Hydra Adaptoid be nerfed?

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
This has been going around a lot on the Forums and I’m wondering what everyone thinks. A lot of people have said he should be nerfed, a lot have said he shouldn’t.

Let’s see what the general consensus is. Should Hydra Adaptoid be nerfed? 253 votes

H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
25%
GroundedWisdomSnakeEyes69SnizzbarStrategichumzah217CapWW2Jank39MechanismTendersquadDezz_1adqqedfyvrMrLalowSpeedbumpMSRDLDDrummer16cruel_horizonWardenclock1haunted_memoryigotgame1075Adub80 64 votes
H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
52%
GamerHulksmasshhRagamugginGunnerCcannon5Whododo872Alex_sc11danielmathDimples800ShrimkinsSiliyoDrZolaLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMr_PlatypusJaffacakedDebashis1922MegaSkater67Haji_SaabSwe_wolfisWorld Eater 133 votes
Unsure
6%
weavileKing_L0kiB34rGreifmaster911shawnli87Maximus0215Spurgeon14ACIDUCKMrmarvel123JmurphMarvel2289Manar198xcrystaldsmithSai44ButtehrsAnthinhoIron_spider1 16 votes
Don’t care
15%
NevvBbdawg923ChadhoganJynetixSpity68MannysmokerVossler77gatra_hpNikoBravophillgreennameplasCptMuffinDmack976637BrandonmballouAb_SamadKenshioAKTEKIcsGrecJdub1250DESTROYALL11 40 votes

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I would be happy if they just removed the unblockable SP1.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Nope. Get better or don't play.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    He requires hard-counters and some people will get wiped out if they don’t bring the right champs. That said, there are many hard-counters available that have been out for a long time (Ronan, Loki). The concept of hard-counters can be toxic if not done right, but this instance was done fine. The day 1 complainers are usually the folks who don’t want to work for anything and expect everything to be free, without thinking about the concept of counters. I’m glad Kabam is willing to try new difficult encounters and not give in to the whiners 😁
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Ronan, Morningstar, magik all destroy him an there are plenty more that can too..
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    What was Joe Fixit? I wasn't around when the event quest was up.
    DrZola wrote: »
    I remember Joe Fixit...

Honestly, the only beef I have with opponents like the Hydra Adaptoid is that they often require high precision game play in a game notorious for lags and frame rate problems.

Dr. Zola

• DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    When fixit was first released,I believe it was fall of 2015, there was an uproar and I believe Kabam Actually downgraded him to make him Easier
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Might still be able to find YouTube videos of it if you looked
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Don’t care
    Really dont care.... Uncollected is way boring and tedious to do not to mention it drains you and its Act 5.4 the 2.0 version lol
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Use nebula or Ronan chain stun
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Still don't know how to disagree I see.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    What you're doing is badgering me with your opinion. It's aggressive, and it doesn't make you any more right than me. Could be both, actually. Could be fine for some and too much for others. Considering I'm basing my feedback on a Master Fight, that really shouldn't be that amped up, there's something to that. Like I said, you can disagree respectfully without trying to prove some point with numbers.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Now, I don't think nerf is the best word. That implies I want the challenge taken out of it completely, and that's not the case. I do think that he's buffed too far, and would support a small adjustment, or future consideration for the degree of challenge being made. It's a bit too far.
    As for all the other malarchy about telling people to get better, that's unfortunately what happens on here. People think something is overboard, and others chime in to put them down. That indeed does nothing outside of bolstering Egos, and frustrating the people having an issue.

It's not to hard. There are so many champs to deal with this and him. Morningstar can 1-2 shot him with her SP2, Magik's SP3 cuts him up, Ronan makes the entire fight a complete joke, Medusa shuts him down other than unblockable which isn't that bad, Sparky cuts him down, Nebula has advantages over him, SW is viable with some lucky crits, Loki's SP3 makes the fight much easier, Hood shuts down down.

Then you have any champs with high DPS like Angela and Hela, SL (you could just beat him to death with SL) etc etc

He's not as hard as you and others say, he's an actual fair challenge. No SP3 also means you can chain stun with other champs also.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Just pointing out that your in the minority of players who see this as hard. Which proves it's not a upgraded challenge but a skills gap

This is exactly it, it's a skill gap and that's all there is to it. He isn't like Dark Guillotine from some months ago, now that was alittle much.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Just pointing out that your in the minority of players who see this as hard. Which proves it's not a upgraded challenge but a skills gap

This is exactly it, it's a skill gap and that's all there is to it. He isn't like Dark Guillotine from some months ago, now that was alittle much.

Saying there is a skill gap implies there is an upgraded challenge.

And I hit the wrong option. I DO NOT think it should be nerfed.
    djr17 wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »

Saying there is a skill gap implies there is an upgraded challenge.

And I hit the wrong option. I DO NOT think it should be nerfed.

We could use the word upgraded but he also falls short in other ways. No sp3, the unblockable at the end is made easier by the power again to be able to bait, even the regen makes the unblockable easier as you can get him over 25% to finish him off, his move set is standard and lame.

He's a heavy downgrade from 5.4 Ultron so it's not that bad.

I also forgot the mention that Proxima can parry him even at 25%
    I'm speaking for my own experience. It's a Poll. I don't need people to tell me what's hard and what's not for where I'm at. I do it every month. I haven't really said much at all about EQ difficulty. This one I did. There's truth to that. Seriously, people need to back off and let me speak for myself.

It's hard for YOU but the poll was a overall thing. The majority rules was the point I believe.

If you ask, "is water good?" and 90% say yes, then guess what? Water is good in the context. Simple.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Unsure
    I want it to be nerfed because I lack a good roster and am struggling to beat it, but that doesn't mean it should be nerfed.

Kabam is a business and at the end of the day, they have to make money. As players get better, content has to become much harder.

It sucks I may not beat it, but plenty of people will. I'm sure plenty will also spend and that's the ideal situation for Kabam. Can't really blame them.