**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Inequity Status?

Comments

• SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Last update from Kabm late May. Not fixed in 19.1 any hope for next months update?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Why not to stay on the last post ?
    It is a proof that the subject is older and it contains an explanation of the bug
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I am also eagerly awaiting an official update. I fully understand overheating issues take precedence, but this would appear to be such an easy fix; if you can have nodes that add XX% attack function flawlessly, what can be so hard about having a mastery that reduces the resulting attack (base + node) by YY%?
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    It is simple to explain the change to make and it is far to be the most difficult change. What is the priority in the list of changes ...
    Then it depends on how this mastery is set and its effect calculated : in the code and/or in paremeters outside of the code. It is more difficult if it is in the code.
    Then there must be a test phase to confirm it works like it does and have no side effect on other things.
    We already saw insufficiently tested changes pushed in production ...
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    An update would be much appreciated.
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    It is simple to explain the change to make and it is far to be the most difficult change. What is the priority in the list of changes ...
    Then it depends on how this mastery is set and its effect calculated : in the code and/or in paremeters outside of the code. It is more difficult if it is in the code.
    Then there must be a test phase to confirm it works like it does and have no side effect on other things.
    We already saw insufficiently tested changes pushed in production ...

I appreciate that. However, this has been an issue for ages. Waaaaaay back in (I think) January (got to look it up if you want to be sure) and entirely out of the blue, a fix was announced. Which was retracted at the last possible moment. After that; no official word. I scour the release notes every month, hoping the fix is finalized at last. I mean; the announced fix probably already went through testing, so it seems to me, it shouldn't be all that hard, since the ground-work is already done.
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    Please fix this. I understand it may be difficult but it shouldn't just not get done. I wonder if the reason they don't fix it is because of the regen adjustment they did ages ago. They changed regen from doing both node+base to only regening base. Maybe they aren't able to fix inequity without causing the regen to become unreasonable.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious update please?
  • Anon1Anon1 Posts: 26
    How is inequity currently working?
  • oakoak Posts: 43
    Shouldn't we get a refund on the wasted units while your team is "working" on it? Because one thing is days, even weeks. But months?
    I purchased the mastery (3 levels) only to after discover, it's bugged.
    Latest update was in January. They announced a fix was ready to be rolled out. Then they decided not to. Just look through the forums, and you can find a few posts about it. A real shame, considering this is one of the most expensive masteries around.
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Maybe they are working on a mastery overhaul and don't want to hint towards it....but IDK why they would release the MD fix before a larger mastery overhaul
  • BlueVitriolBlueVitriol Posts: 17
    So...as I’ve asked the last several days...any updates to when this can be fixed? If it can’t, then we’d like an update to when we can receive our refund for unlocking this mastery.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Spent 1000s of units unlocking 3/3 inequity -- any word? it's been a waste of units for years --- and points assigned..

An update would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi,

We don't have any new information to share yet about the status of changes to inequity. When we do, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Hi,

So to confirm: inequity is NOT working as intended?

If so, could we get a refund for the cores and units spent ranking up and setting up our masteries with it?

Would it be possible to get an ideal of a timeframe when inequity might be addressed? So we can decide to adjust our masteries now or wait if the changes are imminent?

Thank you!
    edited September 2018
    MikeHock wrote: »
    My post from yesterday was deemed non constructive and removed, so I’ll try to make this constructive.

It is unfortunate and disheartening that a mastery has not been working for over 4 months and remains unresolved

Four months? You, sir, must be a closet optimist. 🤣 See:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/45077/upcoming-bug-fix-inequity-mastery-updated

The real question is, how hard it can be to substract X percent from Y attack. After all, boosting attack by Z percent seems to work flawlessly. The other way around, not so much. I don’t get it: whether champ X does 100 damage or 300 (through a node) it would still boil down to ‘correcting’ whatever number that attack is with the inequity percentage. Guess I’m not a math wizard.
    If you can give us timeline to when this can be fixed that would be great, if not, please issue us a refund for unlocking inequity as we’ve purchased a product that is defective. I’d say that is a fair trade as far as pleasing your customers.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    borntohula wrote: »
    MikeHock wrote: »
    My post from yesterday was deemed non constructive and removed, so I’ll try to make this constructive.

It is unfortunate and disheartening that a mastery has not been working for over 4 months and remains unresolved

Four months? You, sir, must be a closet optimist. 🤣 See:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/45077/upcoming-bug-fix-inequity-mastery-updated

The real question is, how hard it can be to substract X percent from Y attack. After all, boosting attack by Z percent seems to work flawlessly. The other way around, not so much. I don’t get it: whether champ X does 100 damage or 300 (through a node) it would still boil down to ‘correcting’ whatever number that attack is with the inequity percentage. Guess I’m not a math wizard.

Wow, thanks for sharing that link.

So...... we’ve got another broken mastery that’s been unresolved for 9 months and counting & minimal communication from anyone at kabam. Unfortunately this seems to be SOP. Issues like this are why I refuse to spend.

Want my $$$$ kabam? Resolving bugs quickly and communicating better with the player base would be a good first step.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I agree that a refund is in order for purchased cores until the issue is resolved.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Can I get a refund for this as well ? It doesn't work, it's been acknowledged for months and still we get nothing out of it except wasted units on cores.
    Obviously this is low on your priorities to get fixed. Please do us a solid and give us a refund for this broken product sooner than later. Thanks
  • Wow, didn't know about this and I were saving units for unlock inequity and resonate masteries... good to know before doing it...
    For fyi: Inequalities costs 30u per level to unlock, 12 units to rank up and 4 carb cores of 550u each. Take into account about 50u to redo defensive masteries just once and this totals about 2400units ( 75$ usd or 125$ cnd worth of units) !
    @Kabam Lyra Could you please ask if we could get this fixed or obtain a refund by the end of the year? Inequity and Resonate cost a ton to unlock and it really is unfair to your customers who unlocked it and don’t benefit from it. Thanks
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Honestly even if kabam doesn't mean it..still looks like a scam

Refund until fixed and trust me I'm not spending a penny more till it's resolved
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175
    Add in having pure skill at 5/5 and you can see why folks are driven to cut support.
    Whoops! I meant to post this comment on this thread and did it on another thread by accident. Since NYC Comic Con is this week, it brought back from great memories: like winning 3000 units! Anyways, my comment is this:

Last year I was at Nyc Comic Con and met the cool devs there and we discussed inequity and how great it was with blade. I feel disappointed that all these 1.5+ years inequity mastery has been broken or nonfunctional. I just sent support a request for a refund of the units and cores. I think it’s a reasonable request considering inequity’s expense and duration of nonfunction. I’d like to spend the units on something different or the cores on other masteries like scouter lens.

This discussion has been closed.