**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pre-emptive Catalyst Application

ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
I'm suggesting we are allowed to apply existing catalysts to champions for their next rank.

Ex: if we're missing t2as, we could apply t4bs, t4ccs and t1as to a champion. This would remove them from our inventory as they are applied directly to the champion's next rank.

This would allow us to "work" on multiple champions without having the fear of having our hard earned resources go to waste.

Kabam, could even implement a "catalyst recall" item purchase with units... because $$$.

This would be a mutually beneficial program for both the players and Kabam.

Thoughts?

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    I get what you’re getting at and yes, it sounds like an idea.
    Problem is though that for those high up in the foodchain, hoarding loads of t4cc, this would mean they simply dump them all onto champs, and let them sit there until they feel inclined to rank champs.
    I do think however, that catalysts should never expire in stash. Heals, duel tokens, ISO, is just fine. Easy to come by. But catalysts have taken people serious effort in many cases. Those shouldn’t expire in my opinion.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    this would mean they simply dump them all onto champs, and let them sit there until they feel inclined to rank champs.

Why is that an issue?
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    this would mean they simply dump them all onto champs, and let them sit there until they feel inclined to rank champs.

Why is that an issue?

Because then there is no incentive for people to buy any deals anymore.
    Now they pick and choose, then they won’t. They’ll just plop it all unto champs because who cares.
    Reversely, it will let the whales spend even more, because there is no restraint anymore on what you can have at any given time. It would just extend the already massive gap between regular players and the ones that pay to win.

I’m not opposed mind hou, but I think there will be many long term consequences in the balance in the game (such as it is).
  • GeekArtsGeekArts Posts: 94
    I agree... dammit I agree
    wnyf5naxfjyg.png

Lets make it happen Dev team!
  • I do think the amount of Catalyst we can keep in Inventory should be expanded. I have 4.75 t5b and I don’t even like being close to the 6 capacity
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

Why is that an issue?

Because then there is no incentive for people to buy any deals anymore.
    Now they pick and choose, then they won’t. They’ll just plop it all unto champs because who cares.
    Reversely, it will let the whales spend even more, because there is no restraint anymore on what you can have at any given time. It would just extend the already massive gap between regular players and the ones that pay to win.

I’m not opposed mind hou, but I think there will be many long term consequences in the balance in the game (such as it is).

I don't think it would lessen the incentive. People will still buy what they want/need.
    More thoughts on this?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I disagree with this idea.

Resource management is half of the challenge of this game with the other half being combat. By allowing a player to just store resources on champions, you're effectively removing the challenge of resource management. This would remove about half the fun of this game for me. And if you're allowed to just remove the resource from them, even if a penalty is assessed, the concept of expiring resources would be gone, which would make this game less enjoyable.

If you don't want resources to expire, keep a close eye on your inventory and don't open crystals until you have a means to use any overflow. Resource management is a skill and those that have the patience to learn the skill are rewarded in the long run.