**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCU crystal has one major flaw in it - please rectify!

2»

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Exactly.

If the basis for addition is being in the MCU, then Iron Patriot has no business in the crystal in any level of crystal.

Wow you clearly don't understand the point of these crystals.

Go to the Store in the game. Look at the name of the section that the crystals are being sold in. It is called "Gate Crystals". The Crystal's contain the characters used to open the gates in the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies quest. Iron Patriot will be a character needed to open the gate for the Iron Man 3 quest. Therefore Iron Patriot is in crystal. It's not complicated.

There will probably even be a joke in the quest about it "not being the same Iron Patriot".

You also do realise that none of the options for obtaining a crystal contains the 5* crystal though right?

I get that there are gates and I would honestly faintly smile at that joke since it would be a bad joke.
    The 2*, 3* and 4* crystals all have champs in there that won’t be in the 5* crystal because they simply do not exist as such.

Beside the point that I still think Iron Patriot shouldbe replaced by Antman in that final crystal, I will still maintain that he should not be referenced in any way to the MCU since he (the game version) was never part of it.

Personally I feel it’s bad form towards fans of the comics and movies to add IP to the reward crystal. Not because it’s IP. Because it’s just wrong from an MCU perspective.

Replacing Iron patriot with antman wouldnt make any sense. Antman was not in Iron man 3.
    Even tho the game version of iron patriot is different from the film version he makes a lot more sense to be the iron man 3 champ than antman would
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★
    Its kabam just deal with it
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    TwmR wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Exactly.

If the basis for addition is being in the MCU, then Iron Patriot has no business in the crystal in any level of crystal.

Wow you clearly don't understand the point of these crystals.

Go to the Store in the game. Look at the name of the section that the crystals are being sold in. It is called "Gate Crystals". The Crystal's contain the characters used to open the gates in the Gwenpool Goes to the Movies quest. Iron Patriot will be a character needed to open the gate for the Iron Man 3 quest. Therefore Iron Patriot is in crystal. It's not complicated.

There will probably even be a joke in the quest about it "not being the same Iron Patriot".

You also do realise that none of the options for obtaining a crystal contains the 5* crystal though right?

I get that there are gates and I would honestly faintly smile at that joke since it would be a bad joke.
    The 2*, 3* and 4* crystals all have champs in there that won’t be in the 5* crystal because they simply do not exist as such.

Beside the point that I still think Iron Patriot shouldbe replaced by Antman in that final crystal, I will still maintain that he should not be referenced in any way to the MCU since he (the game version) was never part of it.

Personally I feel it’s bad form towards fans of the comics and movies to add IP to the reward crystal. Not because it’s IP. Because it’s just wrong from an MCU perspective.

Replacing Iron patriot with antman wouldnt make any sense. Antman was not in Iron man 3.
    Even tho the game version of iron patriot is different from the film version he makes a lot more sense to be the iron man 3 champ than antman would

They could have used Hawkeye as the gatekeeper for the first Thor but didn’t. They used Thor. Who won’t be in the 5* crystal end reward either.

If, and that’s an if, he is slated to be a gatekeeper, it will suck, as it will not make sense. But fine, leave him those winnable and buyable crystals. There are plenty other champs that won’t make the 5* reward crystals in there as well.

But take him out of the 5* crystal. Replace him with an actual MCU champ in that crystal.
    It won’t be a gate opener. It’s an end reward. It would stick with the MCU champs, which is what this month’s celebrating is about.
    Its kabam just deal with it

I know I’m quite possibly Ahab fighting Moby **** here.
    That doesn’t mean I should just bend over and not voice the fact that they are failing at Marvel lore.
  • GeekArtsGeekArts Posts: 94
    What’s that?... Kabam will replace Iron Patriot with Heimdal!!

Heck yeah!
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    If you actually made suggestions that make sense, such as ‘have iron man 2 gate champion as black widow, and iron man 3 gate champion as war machine’, people would probably agree with you a bit more. But saying take out iron patriot (in which that armour set and name is used in Iron Man 3 even if it’s a different person behind the armour) and replace it with antman, who isn’t in Iron man 3 is absurd
    If you actually made suggestions that make sense, such as ‘have iron man 2 gate champion as black widow, and iron man 3 gate champion as war machine’, people would probably agree with you a bit more. But saying take out iron patriot (in which that armour set and name is used in Iron Man 3 even if it’s a different person behind the armour) and replace it with antman, who isn’t in Iron man 3 is absurd

Thanks for a sensible suggestion.
    Not sure the tone in which is appreciated, but it’s a more than valid comment.

Still though, given Marvel lore(!) I stand by my initial point that of all the champions in the crystal, IP is the odd one out. Yes, even given the paintjob on the warmachine suit. It’s still not the same suit. Look at the overall mask on either one.

I know I’m apparently the only person here who gives a flying fornication about the actual lore as well as differences between the MCU and the Comics, but no logic changes the fact that IP in game is not the one from Iron Man 3.

Anyway.
    Your suggestion is cool quest wise.
    I like that actually.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @Platypus @Bapoi i think i had solved it with my earlier suggestion (not like it matter since kabam is ginna kabam) but i agree is annoying to see such a weird choice on the ip but no am situation
  • sy_17sy_17 Posts: 53
    he’s in there so we don’t get good pulls from the cinematic crystals lmaooo