**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Now I see why everyone is pissed about the adaptoid....

Comments

• Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 47
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Well, its 10% chance vs 30% at level 3 ... i think the difference is significant ...

What are your other options? In other options, his last 25% is the real challenging part where your intercept game needs to be on point.

Luckily I have a 4* version of some of the champs mentioned , Medusa , nebula and magik to name a few .
    I’ve got plenty of time and I don’t mind if I have to restart over and over to find who works best for me .
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Holy S***. Can we all just accept that the Adaptiod is easy AF & move on? Even if you don't like Ronan... there are at least counters to Robots these days. Its nuts.

Medusa
    Nebula
    Sparks

Also, he has a **** ton of buffs. 1 SP2 from Morning Star is devastating to that thing. Or just land an SP1 with Vooodoo & watch his Health disintegrate. Or... JUST USE RONAN. Stop being a bunch of cry babies, do the damn quest... reap the rewards & move on LMAO
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Onmix wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    And instead of complaining and other guy's who could do it with ease, kindly come up with possible ways to defeat these guys. Adaptoid, Heimdall, red skull. The strategy and the possible counters. That should help everyone. Instead of fuelling the ego of "get better". Help out the guys if it was easy for you. I'm sure everyone who could do it were once at this stage where others told you get better. Just trying to make more constructive effort in this thread. We all are part of the same community. Less help each other.

That has happened time and time again. But not everybody welcomes advice. If you read every comment there are many legitimate positive, constructive posts but they all end up in the garbage because not everybody welcomes this kinds of posts.
    Many just want to voice their opinion and don’t mind if there are solutions.
    So, what more can the community do?
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    And instead of complaining and other guy's who could do it with ease, kindly come up with possible ways to defeat these guys. Adaptoid, Heimdall, red skull. The strategy and the possible counters. That should help everyone. Instead of fuelling the ego of "get better". Help out the guys if it was easy for you. I'm sure everyone who could do it were once at this stage where others told you get better. Just trying to make more constructive effort in this thread. We all are part of the same community. Less help each other.

That has happened time and time again. But not everybody welcomes advice. If you read every comment there are many legitimate positive, constructive posts but they all end up in the garbage because not everybody welcomes this kinds of posts.

You should see what the half of community is saying here like get good or get specific champs plus people are acting like show offs that we need more difficult content like this just bcoz they are bored( no one cares about them getting bored) also for first time i can agree with gw here is people are putting their opinions about hydra adaptoids that's it no need to call anyone whiners or anything like that

Yes this. Guys who get it past treat others like they are lesser and tell them get good. I mean no offence but stop after giving advices, no need to tell ppl to get good without actually knowing everyone. It just seems like a show off. Now please don't criticise me as well, I have explored all uncollected monthly quests till July. And I'll do this month as well but after I get better at it.

So instead of showing off, give constructive advices that actually helps people. When you say get good, the morale goes dipping. Everyone was at this stage at some point. Let's not forget that.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

You should see what the half of community is saying here like get good or get specific champs plus people are acting like show offs that we need more difficult content like this just bcoz they are bored( no one cares about them getting bored) also for first time i can agree with gw here is people are putting their opinions about hydra adaptoids that's it no need to call anyone whiners or anything like that

Unfortunately there are many posts like those. I can only apologize for them.
    And there are many posts where even after the suggestions and tips they are not satisfied with the response and they fill the thread with unconsctructive complaints.
    I believe both are wrong and unfortunately they complement each other.
    Neither the asking nor the answering is ok.
    What I would recommend is not paying attention to those posts and focusing on the ones that are trying to be helpful.
    There are many positive posts and I believe you could benefit from those. If it’s not enough, be sure to ask any questions you have. I can assure you that if your posts come as a question instead of a complaint many will try to help you. If not, please tag me. I’ll do my best.
    Don’t complain because you CAN’T. Ask how you CAN

And there are many posts where even after the suggestions and tips they are not satisfied with the response and they fill the thread with unconsctructive complaints.
    What I would recommend is not paying attention to those posts and focusing on the ones that are tryin to be helpful.
    There are many positive posts and I believe you could benefit from those. If it’s not enough, be sure to ask any questions you have. I can assure you that if your posts come as a question instead of a complaint many will try to help you. If not, please tag me. I’ll do my best.

I agree to this totally. And I also think we should create a thread where we can discuss these difficult guys and the possible solutions to it. That would be better thing to do.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Does Ronan need to be duped for it?
    St333lll wrote: »
    Does Ronan need to be duped for it?

Yes he needs dupe.
    Just sharing some very amateurish errors I made in this months quest, and what I did to remedy it.

Common errors -
    1) I didn’t read the mini boss node. So I went in ill-equipped. Worse, my muscle memory tells me automatically to engage a combo right after the adaptoid fires his special 1 and 2. (When unstoppable/unblockables are on)

2) I was impatient and readily assumed the fights in masters will be pretty much the same as previous (tough but hey, it will be cake walk). I assumed too much without relying on cold hard facts.

What I did next?
    EXIT current fights and forgo the energy I burnt. Next, I read up, research counters and trial test.
    I failed on 2 more attempts at adaptoid because of my own carelessness and my muscle memory is just reluctant to switch.

The forum provided a very tangible solution aka Ronan and Morningstar, and I just end up laughing at my own silliness and sheer stupidity for forgetting Ronan/MS are the best buff killers in the realm. (even after playing this game for 3 years)

So kudos to those thought this up, and thank you for sharing.

By the way, I took a coward’s way out by using Dorm vs Heimdall. Parry, medium, parry medium, sp2. Hey, whatever that gets the job down right?

Wonderful write up of your experience. Thanx for sharing this. I think dormy can be a counter for all these guys with his power burn. Thankyou.
    Ruzzman1 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Haven't used a 3* Ronan, but it's due to Pacify. He can skip regen. That's how a 2* beats him as well.

Thank you , I had a feeling it might be that . I’ve only got 1 point on pacify I wonder if that will be enough ?

I believe it’s due to pacify as well. At least on the 2*. In that case I don’t think 1 point is gonna be enough. It would be a terribly long fight.
    On the 3* I think it is possible to just out damage it given all the time he’s stunned.
    Look at some videos. I’m attaching a couple examples but there are many on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l481ecaTSJw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q7viQayC7lU
    edited August 2018

What I would recommend is not paying attention to those posts and focusing on the ones that are tryin to be helpful.

I agree to this totally. And I also think we should create a thread where we can discuss these difficult guys and the possible solutions to it. That would be better thing to do.

That’s what I think this thread should be.
    And exchange of questions and advices.
    Not a pissing contest to see who’s right.
    I hope we can redirect it to that.
  • Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 47
    edited August 2018

I believe it’s due to pacify as well. At least on the 2*. In that case I don’t think 1 point is gonna be enough. It would be a terribly long fight.
    On the 3* I think it is possible to just out damage it given all the time he’s stunned.

Thanks for the vids they make it look pretty easy .
    I’ve thought about it and I think I will just rejig my utility masteries and add 2 points to max pacify . It will cost less than an energy refill so it’s probably my best option if I want to 100%
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Holy S***. Can we all just accept that the Adaptiod is easy AF & move on? Even if you don't like Ronan... there are at least counters to Robots these days. Its nuts.

Medusa
    Nebula
    Sparks

Also, he has a **** ton of buffs. 1 SP2 from Morning Star is devastating to that thing. Or just land an SP1 with Vooodoo & watch his Health disintegrate. Or... JUST USE RONAN. Stop being a bunch of cry babies, do the damn quest... reap the rewards & move on LMAO

Good luck stacking poison onto the Adaptoid mate...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Ruzzman1 wrote: »

Can I ask anyone who has used a 3* Ronan on uncollected , how did you get past the vigor regen ?
    Is it a case of keep going you’ll get past it eventually ?

Boost with attack health boost/ and attack boost.
  • CromCrom Posts: 27
    edited August 2018
    Will try the tips given here with Medusa... Will load my 2* Ronan for backup.

One thing I noticed is that this Adaptoid operates differently and makes us all think differently on how to over come it.

Oh, already beat it once. Still a pain though lol
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    5/65 Stark Spidey worked well on Adaptoid.

Also used 4 star 5/50 Dusa for fun.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It’s so ridiculous this community.

Yeah it’s another post on the adaptoid, it’s clear more are finding it difficult then a walk in the park.

If you found it so easy, why not share tips instead of just hate on those who can’t do it?

You must not have been paying attention. The last nerf uncollected adaptoid thread has over 15 different champions who can defeat him. I personally explained 4 or 5. This one has about 20. Do you want me to list them for you, or can I trust that you will go back and read instead of blindly storming in and claiming nobody’s helping?
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    How do you kill it
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    St333lll wrote: »
    How do you kill it

hit it a lot
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    ´He is not that hard. a boss with tons of buff many good can counter here a list to try

Magik : build v easy Sp2 or sp3.. since he gets unblock dmg at 25% u will play like intercept at end or try time and do a sp3 around 25%.. remember to stack those psy resi and her Sp3 gonns wreck that champ
    Mordo : same way.. but with MD its v easy to get a sp2 in and build op a sp3 to get those furys.. u will notice he just gonna dieeeeee
    Morningstar sp2.. when 10 stack buff or more.. and buy buy HP
    Voodoo : sp1.. poision nuff say
    Medusa : its a robot.. Medusa just love those kind of champs..
    Spark : its a robot and sp2 just kill it.. build 10 stack poise.

I havent tried all but magik / morningstar / voodoo are great options specially with md

NguyenDau wrote: »
    ´He is not that hard. a boss with tons of buff many good can counter here a list to try

Magik : build v easy Sp2 or sp3.. since he gets unblock dmg at 25% u will play like intercept at end or try time and do a sp3 around 25%.. remember to stack those psy resi and her Sp3 gonns wreck that champ
    Mordo : same way.. but with MD its v easy to get a sp2 in and build op a sp3 to get those furys.. u will notice he just gonna dieeeeee
    Morningstar sp2.. when 10 stack buff or more.. and buy buy HP
    Voodoo : sp1.. poision nuff say
    Medusa : its a robot.. Medusa just love those kind of champs..
    Spark : its a robot and sp2 just kill it.. build 10 stack poise.

I havent tried all but magik / morningstar / voodoo are great options specially with md

Just a correction for voodoo, he doesn’t get poison against the poison immune Adaptoid.

However, I’ll add another four.
    Ronan -buff increase damage stun duration meaning stun lock
    Proxima -large damage, can block unblockable attacks even under 25%
    corvus -25% reduced ability accuracy, large damage to take 25% health off at once so don’t worry about unblockable attacks under 25%. True damage ignores physical resistance
    nebula- 5+ charges completely shuts down all abilities of adaptoid
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Well, honestly, I want to out-skill what Kabam throws at me before I use the cheat code. I spent quite a bit of units on that Adaptoid, Domino, and Red Skull combined. About 600 units worth of items between the three of them. I've beaten LOL, and completed all of the in game content, and while those three fights sucked, with the exception of Domino, I don't necessarily think that they are all unfair.

• WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I did both of those on Master. Not the same at all.

Correct. They arent the same this one is easier and has way more counters..

Actually, that wasn't my experience at all. They were fairly challenging, but I didn't have half as much stress as this one.

I have a serious question, not trolling or anything. Why are you so warped on the 3* Ronan? When people have given 20+ champion solutions to him, I will admit. I auto fight master and only fight the boss's of chapter 3. I actually had to really fight the adaptoid in master which I never do, so for uncollected I knew I needed to actually play and think, which I don't mind. Immediately to me, I saw all the boosts on him and thought to myself nullify...
    Loki and Voodoo came to mind. I also used SL to see if i can just out damage him, and it went by easy. The only problem I ran into was the random lag spike on his specials which did cause me to get clipped. For exploration I did bring my 5* duped Ronan just to 100% it, but there are a lot of options.

In this forum there is a big disconnect between veterans, beginners and those right in the middle, but I applaud so many people legit trying to help the ones struggling with so many options, that in all likelihood you had at least one of those champs, but there's a lot of stubborn people just thinking every challenge should be easy. It was nice to see that for once my Loki and even Ronan would actually be useful for something. But you dont need them, plenty of counters.

Also plenty of youtube videos that help with strategies that arent a 2 or 3* Ronan.
  • Gustafah88Gustafah88 Posts: 62
    Not meaning to offend anyone, but that Adaptoid has so many counters... I wonder how people are finding him difficult. And even if you don't have a good champ to counter, Skill and Patience can still win that fight.
    linux wrote: »
    Damn u guys are bad, this guy isn’t hard at all..

To be fair, on uncollected -- when he gets unblockable for all hits (the last 25%), it can be difficult/frustrating to get into a pattern. OTOH, I expect the uncollected version to be a challenge, so this was fun for me. (It is easy to get down 75%; the only difficulty is the last 25%.)

There are ways around the unblockable under 25%, nebula, Proxima, medusa, Corvus, Hyperion, magik all spring to mind.
This discussion has been closed.