Options

The glancing ability of Ant-Man

The glancing signature ability of Ant-Man is immune to defensive ability accuracy reduction or ability accuracy reduction. I have tested with Falcon, Crossbones and Black Widow.

Comments

• Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    So you want to make an already quite bad character worse? Shouldn't he have something decent with him?
  • Options
    DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    So you want to make an already quite bad character worse? Shouldn't he have something decent with him?

I don’t believe he should be “fixed” but an explanation on why this ability can’t be reduce would be nice. There is nothing I can see in his description that would make him immune to ability accuracy reduction. He is an old champs and most of us have just accepted the way he is. Still I’d like to know why
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    xwywc8llhc9j.png

It litterally says 100% offensive ability accuracy reduction
  • Options
    JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    xwywc8llhc9j.png

It litterally says 100% offensive ability accuracy reduction

Yeah, maybe that is why this bug is happening in the game. I hope they fix it soon, so we can counter his glancing ability with champions like Falcon, Crossbones and Black Widow.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,806 ★★★★★
    I don't think you get it ...
    There is no bug here. His glancing ability takes advantage (already explained and confirmed) over ability accuracy reducters like BW or Crossbones
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 318
    That's one of the most rage inducing abilities in the game tbh...I shouldn't reduce your damage and your ability accuracy...either 1 of the 2..
  • Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    It is a very strange interaction because falcon is also decreasing ability accuracy by 100% and ant man says glancing hits suffer -100% so shouldn't he not glance any to get the -100% reduction because his abilities are being reduced in general and not on hit?
  • Options
    It is a very strange interaction because falcon is also decreasing ability accuracy by 100% and ant man says glancing hits suffer -100% so shouldn't he not glance any to get the -100% reduction because his abilities are being reduced in general and not on hit?

Right? It's quite confusing, but I think we should be able to counter this glancing ability with defensive ability accuracy reduction or ability accuracy reduction. Especially because he is a science character and a lot of skill characters can use defensive ability accuracy reduction or ability accuracy reduction.
  • Options
    DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    That bit about ability accuracy was recently added. When GP first came out I was lucky enough to get her as a 4* and awaken her. I expected her to shut down glancing at 50 hits but it didn’t work. After which I read any-mans sig again and there was nothing in it about Offense of ability accuracy. I don’t disagree with the way he works but I wasn’t aware of this change to the text. Thanks for posting the ss.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Just use AA. Immune to all kinds of AAR
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Although since I posted the picture the wording has me questioning it's meaning.

Since I think it means when he glances a hit 100% offensive ability reduction.

But I don't think it means he is 100% immune to AAR.

So example GP will never inflict a bleed or stun on a glanced hit. But can still bleed him on normal hits.
    But whether the chance of a glance occurring can be altered. That part is unclear
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,753 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I take it to mean that no debuff based on offensive ability can be applied on a glancing hit.

Crits and non glanced attacks will still proc debuffs.
  • Options
    This issue continues on the version 19.1 of the game.
  • Options
    RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Although since I posted the picture the wording has me questioning it's meaning.

Since I think it means when he glances a hit 100% offensive ability reduction.

But I don't think it means he is 100% immune to AAR.

So example GP will never inflict a bleed or stun on a glanced hit. But can still bleed him on normal hits.
    But whether the chance of a glance occurring can be altered. That part is unclear

This is the answer here. If the glance procs then hit reduces offensive abilities by 100%. No bleed, etc.

If the glance fails, the SS above say 44.28% at SA 20 for a hit to glance, then he is subject at any offensive ability.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,889 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Now lets look at the other part of your question: does it ever happen that a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction attacks something that itself has ability accuracy reduction, and if so what happens? Does it "bounce back and forth" with each affecting the other? As far as I'm aware, no. It seems that every effect has a priority, an order of operation where every effect will happen in a particular order and resolve itself in that order. Take for example Ant-Man. Ant-Man has a signature ability where when you attack him there is a chance for the attack to "glance." When an attack glances, its damage is reduced and its offensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100 percentage points. In other words, for all intents and purposes the attack doesn't trigger any of its offensive abilities. So what happens when Elektra attacks Ant-Man (while under a debuff)? Answer: when the attack occurs, Ant-Man first has a chance to glance the attack. If the attack glances, Elektra's own defensive ability accuracy reduction fails to take effect: it doesn't chance the equation. You can see the net effect of this if you put Ant-Man on a thorns node in AW: if you attack Ant-Man on a thorns node with a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction like Elektra or Black Widow, every glanced attack triggers thorns damage: their DAA doesn't work. Conversely, the DAA doesn't reduce the chance for an attack to glance. Glance happens first, then only if glance fails does DAA kick in to help the attacker (these days, of course, you're more likely to see Mordo on thorns nodes).
  • Options
    winterthur wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Now lets look at the other part of your question: does it ever happen that a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction attacks something that itself has ability accuracy reduction, and if so what happens? Does it "bounce back and forth" with each affecting the other? As far as I'm aware, no. It seems that every effect has a priority, an order of operation where every effect will happen in a particular order and resolve itself in that order. Take for example Ant-Man. Ant-Man has a signature ability where when you attack him there is a chance for the attack to "glance." When an attack glances, its damage is reduced and its offensive ability accuracy is reduced by 100 percentage points. In other words, for all intents and purposes the attack doesn't trigger any of its offensive abilities. So what happens when Elektra attacks Ant-Man (while under a debuff)? Answer: when the attack occurs, Ant-Man first has a chance to glance the attack. If the attack glances, Elektra's own defensive ability accuracy reduction fails to take effect: it doesn't chance the equation. You can see the net effect of this if you put Ant-Man on a thorns node in AW: if you attack Ant-Man on a thorns node with a champion with defensive ability accuracy reduction like Elektra or Black Widow, every glanced attack triggers thorns damage: their DAA doesn't work. Conversely, the DAA doesn't reduce the chance for an attack to glance. Glance happens first, then only if glance fails does DAA kick in to help the attacker (these days, of course, you're more likely to see Mordo on thorns nodes).

However:

Defensive Ability Accuracy is your chance to trigger abilities that activate when you get hit.

Glancing triggers when you get hit, so reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy should reduce the chance for glancing to trigger.
  • Options
    Recon

To begin a Recon Scan, Dodge back and hold Block for 2 seconds. While Locked On, the opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy is reduced by 100% for 10 seconds.
    Defensive Ability Accuracy refers to abilities that are triggered by the Champion being attacked

As quoted above, when Falcon hits, Ant-Man has a chance to glance. Ant-man don't glance if Falcon don't hit.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Recon

To begin a Recon Scan, Dodge back and hold Block for 2 seconds. While Locked On, the opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy is reduced by 100% for 10 seconds.
    Defensive Ability Accuracy refers to abilities that are triggered by the Champion being attacked

As quoted above, when Falcon hits, Ant-Man has a chance to glance. Ant-man don't glance if Falcon don't hit.

Since glancing is a defensive ability, Ant-Man has a chance to glance Falcon's attacks when he is not Locked On. When Falcon Locks On Ant-Man, he should have 0% chance to glance Falcon's attacks. That is what Defensive Ability Accuracy reduction is supposed to do.
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 272 ★★
    My head hurts from trying to make sense of all this :(
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The following are Champions that Falcon performs poorly against.

Magneto & Magneto (Marvel Now)

In addition to the class disadvantage, Falcon is a metal Champion and will have a very hard time triggering his abilities while fighting these Champions.[color]

Going by the logic of merely lock-on, this should not be the case then.
  • Options
    The following are Champions that Falcon performs poorly against.

Magneto & Magneto (Marvel Now)

In addition to the class disadvantage, Falcon is a metal Champion and will have a very hard time triggering his abilities while fighting these Champions.[color]

Going by the logic of merely lock-on, this should not be the case then.

That's because Magneto & Magneto (Marvel Now) also reduces offensive ability accuracy of metal champions. Offensive abilities are the ones that triggers when you hit the opponent, like Falcon's bleed and incinerate.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Glancing is offensive so anything that is defensive accuracy gets negated reason why every ability reduction u use on antman will never work and is best to just have a bleed champ to bleed him out since fight goes much smoother