**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Skill isn’t a thing anymore

Remember the time when Scarlett witch,Thor, and doctor strange were all nerfed? And do you also remember along with all the nerfs kabam messed up parry and block proficiency? Their excuse? The game needed to become more skill based. Within the last couple of months we’ve gotten so many auto block champs or champs where you take damage for simply playing (domino). The game is becoming less skill based and more about having champs that you really can’t counter. Yes maybe true strike can counter this but how many champs actually have the same kinda damage as ss,Medusa, or blade that have true strike. What are you doing kabam skill isn’t helping me get anywhere at this point

Comments

• ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    If only as many people had a Corvus as they did blade
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Medusa- SW is one of the best and pretty much any champ out there can counter her.
    Thor Rag- A non issue as well. Never had a problem with him. Bleed him to death with Wolvie or X-23.
    IMIW- Use heavy counters. There are plenty of videos on countering him.
    Domino- SL works great. Hulk Rags works great.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Have you even seen Corvus Glaive and Proxima midnight’s damage?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    BTW- "so many auto-block champs added" is incorrect to use. 3 out of 120+ champs. Thats a little over dramtic use of "so many".
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    just a note - 4 champs now have it (auto block) with Heimdall added
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    After 12.0 update act 5 hit where the collector stand as boss(act 5.2.6) he's such a bs that you can't kill him solo in those time. I think kabam has fear that those champs (especially sw and Thor) can beat him solo that's why they nerf them
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    This is what I feel
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Ummm... I'm pretty sure most people have a Yondu. He bypasses auto block easily.
    @cAncAmO what do you mean?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Colleen wrote: »
    @Primmer79 what if Thor rag was on a stun immune node? Would you not agree that intercepting is a skill? A couple month ago intercepting was a skill needed to fight stun immune now stun immune can stun back just cause you intercepted

I would call skill in this "being able to adapt." On stun immune, one very specific node that is a decent placement for him, you need to bait specials and heavies if you don't have the right counter. Speaking of counters, you could even use an ability reducer in this case.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    @Primmer79 what if Thor rag was on a stun immune node? Would you not agree that intercepting is a skill? A couple month ago intercepting was a skill needed to fight stun immune now stun immune can stun back just cause you intercepted

Baiting heavies and specials and punishing is a skill.
    It's also a skill to understand how different tactics work for different matchups
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    People assume everyone has every champ available. People are so ready to jump the gun and defend every champ that others struggle with. How many players don't have a scarlet witch or a killmonger or corvus or proxima? Talking 4* or greater. People want to defend the games rng so this is where I can argue the rng. Not everyone has the very limited few champs to complete content. Want to call it skill sure go for it. Take on a 5/65 ironman infinity war with a carnage and you will understand what it's like to not have the appropriate champ for the job. Your in a top tier war alliance then run your path with 3* Kamala khan, hulk buster and iron fist. Only then will you understand and relate to all the complaints people have about all this new content and champs.

Thats not how any of this works. You shouldnt be handed a 5* champion just to compete in higher levels.

I take down IMIW with any r4 5* I have, depending on the node. There are ways to improve your chances, but he is a tough opponent.

I had one death to a 6* IMIW. But guess what. If you best champs are 3*, you won't be seeing 6* champs in war, if you do, you dont belong there. Go to a lower alliance and build your profile.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    @Demonzfyre Thor rag, Medusa, and imiw all auto block and there are very few champs to counter

Very few ? I'll name some then. GwenPool duped KillMonger Karnak Cable Heimdall Proxima CrossBones Archangel KingPin Eleketra BlackWidow Heavy attacks from any champion etc
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    @Primmer79 see even I forgot one. Lol. Thank you. Totally forgot about Modoks because it doesn't parry
    @Namelez I get there are champs that can counter but how often do you see people bring a Karnak or cable into lol or rol??? I’m talking champs who have better than average attack and can actually handle a medusa boss without running outta time plus heimdall just came out and today it’s almost impossible to dupe the 5* champ you actually want I’m not going to waste my t2 alpha brining a 5* king pin or elektra to r4 and on stun immune it’s kinda hard to get heavies in (unless all the heavie are like imiw)
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    @Nick_Caine_32
    Your points are valid. But not everyone can afford to play the game like it's a full time job. My point being if you can't afford to play the game non stop every day for arena grinds and everything else then you can't keep up without being forced to spend. At the same time I also did mention that skill isn't everything. I gave a good example to how people can understand the stress people get from this game.