**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4* mystics, who to R5, who to awaken?

phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
edited February 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Please give me your opinion on who I should R5, and since I have a class gem whether any of the sleepy mystics are worth the gem.

I don't war much so it's mainly questing and magik is always in my team in lieu of better options for power control.

I have MD at 4

4* mystics, who to R5, who to awaken? 66 votes

Mordo
3%
Cicukadipapabazingamp 2 votes
Loki
1%
SpiritOfVengeance 1 vote
SW sig 63
46%
Alfa_PigeonADDIS0NLoPrestiSaiyanDarkZenDexman1349buffajrJadedBuckeyeKPSuperman69Zane22SagnikfuryProtocol8051F4k3_GaM3rGrafikdevStar_Lord_MasterTroller42DhruvgJim0172Tahusan 31 votes
Guillotine
7%
Foxhero007Ajo1997GothMattScott7991272415 5 votes
Magik sig 20
40%
Spity68Mike8mn123dudedangerbluvg2782belli300AfridwSWeaponXHeroBoltsySpeedbumpExcelsior1316Alpha07vinniegainzSpiderCoolsHzoriDuke_SilverJoeswimmerMattManBobomanJayProngsElitehunter 27 votes
Dorm.
0%

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    SW sig 63
    Magik is good, but I think SW is better.

Another thing to remember is that SW is not available as a 5*, whereas Magik is. I think the general consensus is to only R5 a champ if they are truly a game changer, otherwise put the resources into 5* champs.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    SW sig 63
    Both SW and Magik are good, you should r5 both. But I would do SW first cause I think she is slightly better. Magik is still very solid though and has carried me through a looooot of hard content (Act 5, challenges, etc).
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I don't trip over T4cc and this will be my second R5.

The rate I get 5* means it will be a very long time before I end up with a reasonable R3 roster.

For those swimming in cats they can afford to be less picky since its only the order of ranking that affects their decision where I need to be real choosy in who I take.

Heart says SW but head is leaning toward Magik. I can throw another 25 stones at either if none of the others are worth awakening.

For reference:

I am exploring act 4
    Halfway through 5.1
    Complete master but don't explore.
    Have finished the last few special events but never completed

Is dorm worth the class gem?

I suppose voodoo or maybe mephisto are the only ones worth holding for.
  • Dont spend it on dorm he is a great champ especially awakened but the odds are higher duping him from cristals i duped mine twice from 2 phcs
    Surprised to see SW winning the poll.

If I R5 her, should I dump the generic stones on as well?
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Guillotine
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Surprised to see SW winning the poll.

If I R5 her, should I dump the generic stones on as well?

Out of all of the above SW benefits the most from a high sig.

However my vote is for guilly. She is VERY underrated.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Magik sig 20
    Majik's L2 will get you through almost any content
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    SW sig 63
    SW is my girl! My first 4* Mystic to R5, even when undupped. Don't get me wrong, I understand she needs to be dupped with high sig to be awesome (still awesome despite post v12.0 nerf). However, I simply like her way too much till logics don't apply. Must R5 her regardless. Thanksfully, after 2 months or so, I got her dupped (not using my generic awakening stone, that's why the long wait till dupped from crystal opening), and I brought her to Sig99 right away! Now she's awesome, and she breeze thru some of the daily expert event quest with her nullify (random, but still very dependable), power steal, stun and etc.

Don't get me wrong, I also have 4* Magik dupped, now R5 as well, she is awesome power control, but I think I still like my SW a bit more.

I also have 4* Dormammu at R4, dupped, again I like his imbued and power control, and immunity, however I'll pick my 4* R4 dupped Vision AoU over him anyway when I need both immunity + power control.

I have Guillotine as 5* R2, undupped, however, my problem with Guily is that, I don't seem to be able to collect many souls fast enough. Could be my own problem. I know she is good, would like to R3 her even undupped, but until I practise to make the best out of her, I'll be using her alot less vs SW and Magik.

Forgot to mention,
    (1) Generic awakening gem - I suggest don't use that on any of them. Save for Blade, Starky, AA, etc
    (2) Class awakening gem - I suggest to use that on Dr Voodoo, SW, Magik, etc
    (3) Wait for dup from Crystal - I suggest the rest like Dormammu, Guilly, Mordo, etc can wait

Just my 2 cents
  • javedahmed56javedahmed56 Posts: 86
    SW sig 63
    Go for SW. Once she has reached sig 99 she is awesome. Magik has good power control but SW does more damage than her.
    Did rank the witch, maxed and threw another 22 stones on. 82.x% chance of something. Was using her a lot to explore master at R4, R5 should be nice. 10 PI off being top champ on my profile.

Played with ROL and a crit team. Finished WS at full health and a 46k Sp2 was nice. Stopped after killing jughead.
    Reason for deciding on witch instead of magik, simply because power control is not dependent on rank and no 5* witch.

Still have mystic gem
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Dont spend it on dorm he is a great champ especially awakened but the odds are higher duping him from cristals i duped mine twice from 2 phcs

Dormammu also does not really need to be duped to be effective, it's more of an icing on the cake kinda thing.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Magik sig 20
    Didnt notice SW, get that sig to 99 and you are laughing. Cannot go wrong with magik though.
  • SagnikfurySagnikfury Posts: 104
    SW sig 63
    SW. Take her to 99 signature and r5 and she'll be a goddess
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    SW dude. Take her to sig 99 and she will carry you through a ton of content.

Plus as already mentioned, she’s not available as a 5*.
  • Guillotine
    I love you contact of champion Sarang Srivastava
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    SW sig 63
    What others said, SW benefits the most and should go r5. Magik is great for niche power control fights (esp adaptoid and skull), but SW is generally the more useful champ. Her nullify on crits is a way underrated ability.

As for awakening, wait for Voodoo...