**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Change the “connection error” message

MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
I find it irritating when the game goes down, that the automatic message is telling me that MY connection is the issue when 99% of the time it’s not on my end at all. With how many game outages we are seeing, I think an update to this message is long overdue. Own the outage and update it to something along the lines of “game is currently not responding, we’re looking into it” or some other phrase that does not immediately assume the customers are wrong.

Thoughts?

Change the “connection error” message 68 votes

Yes
88%
RagamugginGunnerSkeleton777OKAYGangbelli300Chris_L_HNikoBravoDezz_1FallencircusSpeedbumpSMRkaIrakliSKOutsiderkapt_krunchigotgame1075Isman1998SlappapowJohnyzeroAnonymous346ImranWsm10 60 votes
No
11%
CakedaddySnizzbarDexman1349SpiderCoolsWinterSpider112DarthPhalMaldroit2Anthinho 8 votes

Comments

• MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Yes
    Change it to sorry deadpool is loose in the contest we will be back shortly

I like that one!

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    No
    Doesn't it just say 'check your connection', and not 'your connection is the one at fault'?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    No
    I understand the OP's point, but the player should always check their own connection any time the game goes down. I've had plenty of localized outages that the default should not be that Kabam has messed up.

There are simply too many points that could crash to bring the game down.
    Yes
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Doesn't it just say 'check your connection', and not 'your connection is the one at fault'?

Yes, but that statement assumes it’s my connection, which it rarely ever is.

Yes
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I understand the OP's point, but the player should always check their own connection any time the game goes down. I've had plenty of localized outages that the default should not be that Kabam has messed up.

There are simply too many points that could crash to bring the game down.
    I’m not saying they messed up, just that most outages I experience are not my connection, but the game itself going down.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Yes
    It’s you, not us..... ever....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MattMan wrote: »

Actually, it tells you to do the only thing you have the power to do that might help you. If it said "we're probably down so just come back in an hour" then when it actually was your connection you'd lose play time for no reason. If you check your connection and it doesn't seem to be your connection, that's the end of what you have the power to do to remedy the situation anyway.
    Yes
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Actually, it tells you to do the only thing you have the power to do that might help you. If it said "we're probably down so just come back in an hour" then when it actually was your connection you'd lose play time for no reason. If you check your connection and it doesn't seem to be your connection, that's the end of what you have the power to do to remedy the situation anyway.

I get that. Maybe a better message would be “if your connection is good, the problem is on our end...oh that Deadpool!”

• GillidafGillidaf Posts: 85
    Yes
    It's never my connection ever
    But when i message kabam that's what they send you a list of questions and check your service like they didn't even read what i sent them
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    No
    They have bigger fish to fry.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Gillidaf wrote: »

That is not an easy thing to know with certainty.
    Yes

Never ever is hard to quantify. But if I had tracked the last 50 times I had a “connection error” I would realistically estimate that MAYBE 2 or 3 were on my end.
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Yes

Never ever is hard to quantify. But if I had tracked the last 50 times I had a “connection error” I would realistically estimate that MAYBE 2 or 3 were on my end.
    Same, but I check to see if google and Clash of Clans is working to see if it is my connection
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    No
    It was my connection yesterday after my son unplugged the WiFi so he could charge his phone 😐