**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Worst 5 star pulls

I'm having a worst luck with 5 star basic crystal my last five pulls are ultron duped 3rd time ,Angela duped 2 and time ,Iron patriot,Green Goblin,Carnage and now I opened a Crystal that is carnage dupe .I have worst 5 star champions in the game except my red hulk Angela ,and ultron How do I change my luck , should I go for featured crystals ?

Comments

• Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Your luck is what it is. It'll change by itself. Actually from what you've said your luck hasn't been all that bad. Everyone gets bad pulls. And if you open a lot of crystals, you'll get a lot of bad pulls. It's the way it goes. As to whether you should start to open featured crystals, it depends on the speed at which you accumulate shards. But whilst there are newer champs available in featured crystals, there are also still plenty of terrible ones. Whilst you can hope for Domino or other high level champs, you could just as easily just pull Groot. On that basis I'd tend to say that basic crystals are better value unless you are at an advanced stage of the game with an established roster such that you can afford to consistently spend more shards going after the newer champs. It sounds to me like you're not at that level.
  • Metal8989Metal8989 Posts: 51
    edited August 2018
    i got my 1st 5 star DD netflix, then Falcon, then RED Cyclops, DRAX and stupid Carnage what do you say abt it... then eventually i got QUAKE then Elecktra, then Spidey last pulled was BLADE.. so dont worry its abt luck
  • Metal8989Metal8989 Posts: 51
    All last 4 Pulls were great, super happy for BLAD... just wait for some time try saving crystals and open like 3+ one time
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    It's easy to say don't worry about it your luck will change, but considering the time and effort required to collect 5* shards its quite discouraging pulling crummy champs over and over. End game progress is directly tied to the champs you get and running a constant treadmill because you have bad luck is a recipe for finding a new game to play. I say this as someone close to leaving the battlerealm on account of this exact issue. I'm not going to burn t4cc and t2a to rank up the **** champs i keep pulling while watching others 100% act 5 with their stacked rosters or just wait forever for better luck.
    But that is the nature of luck. Some people have horrible runs of it, but it does always come to an end. There's a guy in my alliance who is very good but has had about 9 months of horrible pulls. Then just this week he pulled a 5* Sparky. It all turns eventually.

But even if you have what seems like a never ending run of bad luck, that doesn't mean you can't use it to your advantage. A roster filled with poor quality champs is still a roster that can be used well in arena. Want to change your luck? Grind for champs in arena and upgrade your roster that way.

Will there be people who stop playing the game because of bad luck? Sure. But no system is perfect, and that's not a reason for this one to change. Pulls being luck based means that casual players have a decent enough chance of good pulls, whilst more dedicated players have the same chances per pull but better overall odds because they gain more crystals. Some people are going to get on the wrong end of it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad system.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I find rubbing chicken bones together helps.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    It's easy to say don't worry about it your luck will change, but considering the time and effort required to collect 5* shards its quite discouraging pulling crummy champs over and over. End game progress is directly tied to the champs you get and running a constant treadmill because you have bad luck is a recipe for finding a new game to play. I say this as someone close to leaving the battlerealm on account of this exact issue. I'm not going to burn t4cc and t2a to rank up the **** champs i keep pulling while watching others 100% act 5 with their stacked rosters or just wait forever for better luck.

My first 5 or so 5* champs were pretty useless. I resolved that I wouldn't waste high-end resources on them so I could have them available when by luck turned around. If anything, it made me a better player because I couldn't lean on super-powerful versions of the best champs in the game. I used what I had available, which were 4* champs. I fully explored 5.3 before having any 4/55 champs. When I finished 5.4, I was still using 3 5/50 champs on my team (Iceman, Star Lord, and Gwenpool).

My recommendation is to keep exploring using the best 4* champs you have until you finally get lucky. It'll sharpen your skills. When you finally pull that champ you have been waiting for, it's a great feeling to be able to rank them up immediately. Keep at it!
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I got Iron Patriot and Colossus back to back.

But I recently got Stark Spidey so I guess I can live with it.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    i pulled Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Iron Patriot and Rocket in 4 straight. But then I got Domino, Proxima and Iceman afterwards so I don't feel as bad.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Ultron, Green Goblin, Angela and Rulk are all really good.

I got SIM duped, Jane duped 7 times, and an Iron Patriot. But I also have an Archangel and Ultron (neither duped) and some other good champs like LC and Rulk (not duped)

It tends to balance out
  • ATAudiATAudi Posts: 18
    It a choice we have to play or not to play, i have terrible drops too, no god tier hero like blade sparky CG etc despite 4 years playing. Time to let it go and find a new game!
  • CobraCobra Posts: 126
    Carnage for me
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    let me tell you from experience the pulls you get will be up and down. best thing to do is have low expectations and either roll it and click after 5 secs or pop it and pray. we all get bad pulls but we do get good ones. you just gotta wait.

as a good doctor said "we are in the endgame now"
  • RyandoomRyandoom Posts: 68
    well mine is 5* karnak,5* iron patriot,groot.kingpin then now i open and got venompool.i was expecting ultron or better
  • Most worst 5* pulled I had last weeks is beast which is I pulled it from Special 5* shard crystal (15K 5* shard Crystal),then try next another pulled also from special 5* shard its drop me 5 * Vulture,i don't get what are the special 5* shard crystal really is...
  • Ancient_Ron13Ancient_Ron13 Posts: 16
    I have a civil warrior, racket raccoon, and BEAST. I have terrible luck.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    My first 7 5* pulls in order
    Iron Patriot
    Rhino
    Iron Patriot again
    Venompool
    Iron Patriot a frigging third time
    Rhino again
    Agent Venom

My luck has since improved though. I now have a duped 5* Arch Angel, 5* Quake, 5* Red Hulk, and 5* Namor. Just to name a few good pulls. Also Old Man Logan got a buff so that 5* has some use now
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I think it’s safe to say that with the limited % of godtier champs and game changers, in the 5* pool, we are all going to pull champs that we have no use off at a higher rate.

So yeah.... bad RNG.... happens to everyone, long string of bad pulls after lots of grinding.... happens to everyone.... frustrating for everyone, yet we keep on playing...at least the big majority of us do....
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Yikes... i just realized this post is from 2018.....😂😂😂😂😂😂