**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I don’t get champs I’m dying to get. Should I quit?

Dear Kabam,

I don’t know if you are listening, but I’m wondering how you distribute champs out there, and what I know for certain is that you could have done it in a much better way.

Say... there are those ‘Unparalleled’ champs that I’m dying to get. You know who they must be! Blade, Stark Spidey, Iceman... and other ‘God Tier’ champs. Well, since it’s about chance, I really am not that hurt. But... there’s a big ‘but’ in here...

The reason I’m writing this is that I can’t get into a better alliance because when they look at my roster, they pretty much laugh about it. I have 100% explored act 5, and I believe I deserve to play in a more competitive place which I am not being able to because of my ‘Good Luck’ on 5* and 6* pulls.

Is it how Kabam treats his customers? Is it their policy to leave customer satisfaction to mere luck? When people say to me nothing but “You’ve been Kabammed”- it hurtts me, but does that hurt you even for a bit?

Should I quit the game because I am tired of ‘being out of luck’?

Suggestion: Please create a poll. Make a list of top 3 most desired champs and make sure whoever is uncollected, or whoever has fully explored act 5 gets at least one of them. Dear Kabam, they’ve been withh you for a very long time, trusting you. They deserve it.

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    The game does suck in that you're sometimes at the mercy of RNG tomhavr a dot at progressing your account. But kudos to you for doing 100% Act 5 without the so-called 'god tier' champs.

I say keep playing if you still like the game. Eventually your luck should change. When you stop enjoying the game, then you could contemplate quitting. Until you reach that moment, I say push on still.
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited August 2018
    If you aren't enjoying your time playing, quit.
    If you don't feel like you get the appropriate amount of value from spending, stop.
    Being lucky with the RNG on this game has reached a point where it has become equally as important as playing the game well in a lot of cases. So long as they keep designing situations and champs that require a "counter" to effectively beat, you're reliant on the luck to get the counter at the appropriate level to continue moving forward in content.
    They have made it pretty clear their business model is to leave the old behind, and continuously push out the new in an effort to drive profits.
  • SVWISVWI Posts: 74
    Edit: oops nvm didn’t see u were a vet. Even so do u mind posting ur roster so people can see if u have a hidden gem?

My top 5* champs are Luke, Magic, Ultron, Phoenix, bpcw and Colossus and only recently I have pulled AA. Colossus was my only duped for a long time so ranked him up! Other than that only luke and phoenix are duped here. And I used an awakening gem on AA.

I have a few decent champs that I can R3 without a question, but for R4, esp. R5 option I’ve got none. Some say since now that I’ve pulled AA I could psbly think about maxing him, but I really don’t think I should do it.

From Seatin’s tier list for August-2018, I only have three champs (unduped magic, AA, and Luke) out of God/Demigod tier (3 out of 33). Yes, I have seen people having worse roster than myself. My heartdfelt condolences to them!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Well I play since the beginning of the game, and still didn't pulled a 4-star SW. Even though she is in the crystal since then.
    The champs you want are not. You probably just need more time to pull them, just it.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    SVWI wrote: »
    Edit: oops nvm didn’t see u were a vet. Even so do u mind posting ur roster so people can see if u have a hidden gem?

My top 5* champs are Luke, Magic, Ultron, Phoenix, bpcw and Colossus and only recently I have pulled AA. Colossus was my only duped for a long time so ranked him up! Other than that only luke and phoenix are duped here. And I used an awakening gem on AA.

I have a few decent champs that I can R3 without a question, but for R4, esp. R5 option I’ve got none. Some say since now that I’ve pulled AA I could psbly think about maxing him, but I really don’t think I should do it.

From Seatin’s tier list for August-2018, I only have three champs (unduped magic, AA, and Luke) out of God/Demigod tier (3 out of 33). Yes, I have seen people having worse roster than myself. My heartdfelt condolences to them!

I understand your predicament, I'm in a similar boat thinking who to rank 5.

Going on what you've said using Seatin's list, i probably only have maybe 5/6 good champions and none that I want to rank 5. I've only got 3 at rank 4 (due to the worth fullness) I've been playing this game for over 3 years.

The point is though, that resources in this game are so rare that I'm not in a hurry 1 bit to use my t2a or t5b, I'm happy to keep hold of them until I actually pull a champ that I want to rank up. You can hold plenty of them so there's no rush in using them.
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    Same boat, :) but well i play for the enjoyment of the game and make the most out of the champs that i pull, may it be an antman, IP, IM, IF (5*). I still haven't seen how AA, DS, blade, voodoo look like even in 4*. over 2.5 yrs in the game. I spent some money in between trying to get better champs, when i didn't i closed my wallet and promised myself that i wont spend another penny till i pull a blade or an AA. For now i just enjoy the game as it flows. :)
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

A note: if you’re going by seatin, he’s said that he plans to r5 his unduped lc on his f2p account.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    If you can’t get into a better alliance, maybe just make the one you’re in better...
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    i had garbage pulls 10 in a row then pulled sparky back to back, just keep swimming just keep swimming
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Just be patient. They will come eventually. Besides. If you quit, you get NO Champs. ;)
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    AA is still in God tier and well worth an r5
  • KyuffKyuff Posts: 43
    If you quit, you wont get the Champs... :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I believe I deserve

That's the primary source of your dissatisfaction.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Kabam implemented your suggestion:
    Suggestion: Please create a poll. Make a list of top 3 most desired champs and make sure whoever is uncollected, or whoever has fully explored act 5 gets at least one of them.

After they did, all uncollected would have at least one. So you'd be back to square zero, because having one wouldn't mean anything. The people with stronger rosters than you would still mostly have stronger rosters than you. Top alliances would want even more from their members, because it would be a given that everyone would have at least one. If other players appear more desirable than you to top alliances, there's no way to hand out more rewards to everyone, or even just all of the higher players, in a way that would make you look any better to those alliances. Instead of complaining that you didn't have any, you'd be here complaining to didn't have every.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I have an unduped 4/55 AA. I would love to awaken him sure, but he absolutely destroys non-immune anything as it is.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don’t have blade, stark, or gr as a 5*. Master alliances still like my roster with the champs I do have because I have enough skill with my champs to not give up deaths in aw. You don’t need those champs if you have the skill to use other champs. A lot of the champs that have been released this year are just as good or better than those 3. I would take void and magik over those any day to use in aw.
  • Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    It's alright mate, cheer up. I have stark spidey and 22 other trash champs, including a sig 60 Iron Patriot, and 3 t2a expiring in 15 days.
    I still enjoy the game.
  • DrewskiDrewski Posts: 27
    Same here as well. I saved up the 15k for that feature crystal....I was so excited and BAM!!!! Vulture for the 4th time and it was the second time in a row. I am a loyal consumer who has put countless dollars. Honestly, the only virtues in this game are patients,practice, and if in an alliance...teamwork. You can ask, beg, plea, and complain as much as possible(Ive tried). They will not make it easier or more accessible......unless u pay 500 dollars for one character and thats when they get in the mood.
  • DrewskiDrewski Posts: 27
    I agree with enigma......awesome game
  • Rfmn10Rfmn10 Posts: 45
    If possible I can give you 3 possibilities:
    1) Learn to make the most of the champions you have. I did act 4 with Luke Cage (before the buff), Drax, Crosses Bones, Iron fist and Storm. Your way of playing will take you far in the game and not a specific champion.
    2) Make arena to get better champions.
    3) Make another account and test if you will have better luck in the crystals.

As for leaving the game, after these steady falls, many players are considering the possibility, including me. :wink:
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    Wells the problem is if u could take the champ u like, alliance war will be insanely boring with some iron man IW and Medusa everywhere on defense.

But we can take this problem to the other way with lucky people who got Blade on the first 5* cristal and unlucky one (like me) who got She Hulk on his first cristal. Boring
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I would recommend pulling from the current feature 5* pool as it has quite a few difference makers, personally my draw luck on regular crystals is probably about as bad as it gets but I’ve gotten a lot of quality from a variety of features and the current variant has a lot of higher quality champs. Good luck with future spins :)