**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade and Masochism

So this has probably been addressed before, but here goes...

When I fight with Blade on Masochism lanes, the node ends up removing his stun and bleed from Parry. I thought that the node specified the first debuff after every 7 seconds will be removed. In this case, shouldn't only one debuff (stun or parry) be removed and the other persist as normal? Or is because they occur simultaneously?

Thank you for any input.

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    This has been addressed before. Since both debuffs are placed simultaneously using the same action, they are both removed when Masochism triggers.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    The parry itself causes both debuffs.
    Voodoo can apply as many poisons from sp1 as he wants, but theyre all applied simultaneously and also removed by masochism.

This is a little different from, say, OG Thor, where the parry causes stun, the stun causes armor break. Masochism will just remove one.
  • mAleksandarmAleksandar Posts: 86
    Yeah, it was addressed with some bs explanation which doesn’t even makes sense... All in all, just get used to it since they’ll not change it even tho it’s not working correctly... What in this game works correctly btw?
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Ok so blade parries(stuns) and bleeds both are removed as both are applied at a same time. But what about the danger sense? Shouldn't danger sense be able to sense the node and hence masochism shouldn't boot? Danger sense is applied to the node also right?
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Ok so blade parries(stuns) and bleeds both are removed as both are applied at a same time. But what about the danger sense? Shouldn't danger sense be able to sense the node and hence masochism shouldn't boot? Danger sense is applied to the node also right?

Shhhhh... but go test it out in Act 5 and let us know lol.

I think I've seen the debuffs removed, but the defender doesn't heal. I may be making that up though.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I think I've seen the debuffs removed, but the defender doesn't heal. I may be making that up though.

Ok thanx. So it does work that way. Nice. I just recently pulled him. Could you please give me insight into whom to rank 1st? I know out of the topic but if you can, shall really appreciate. Got GR 5 star r4 unduped. I pulled both blade 5 star and sparky 5 star. Both are at r3 unduped. Whom to r4? Eventually both will get there but as of now only 1 can. Primary focus, monthly uncollected events and war. Thankyou.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Ok thanx. So it does work that way. Nice. I just recently pulled him. Could you please give me insight into whom to rank 1st? I know out of the topic but if you can, shall really appreciate. Got GR 5 star r4 unduped. I pulled both blade 5 star and sparky 5 star. Both are at r3 unduped. Whom to r4? Eventually both will get there but as of now only 1 can. Primary focus, monthly uncollected events and war. Thankyou.

Biggest suggestion is don't go into a war fight assuming blade will shut down the node.

That being said, I would go blade first then sparky. As you can't heal while unduped, the extra health and hitting harder will help you with him.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106

DS is only applied when the opponent is a Villain/Mystic/Dimensional Being and you have the appropriate synergy. And even then, it's only a chance. Sometimes it negates it completely and you'll land a parry and bleed, other times, you might only get one.
  • dfmoore26dfmoore26 Posts: 94
    I figured it had been addressed before but just was curious.

Please feel free to close this thread.
    HolyDrac wrote: »

DS is only applied when the opponent is a Villain/Mystic/Dimensional Being and you have the appropriate synergy. And even then, it's only a chance. Sometimes it negates it completely and you'll land a parry and bleed, other times, you might only get one.

As I mentioned I have the whole Trinity. GR at 5 star r4. Blade and stark at r3 both unduped. Can r4 1 guy right now. Am confused which one 1st.