**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you all feel about the Alliance War mode in MCOC ????

Porky_CaPorky_Ca Posts: 72
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
What should they add or take out of it ??? Share your comments and lets chat over this subject.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    I feel like the new war isn't as fun as last season. I think the additional buffs while they did cut back on them are only going to lead to more and more. Every season will get less fun to play. I think the thing that really gets me salty is the new smaller season with smaller rewards. Why? Well it basically allows more people to jump ship and further hinders building a strong alliance. By shrinking the rewards Kabam has in essence put the 3 tier gap back in order. Allowing those top 1-40 alliances to have such a greater prestige and larger roster since the big payouts in season 1 and 2. The 41-300 have also set themselves up with solid growth, but not enough to push 1-40 in many cases, then everyone else. This 3 tier system almost guarantees that when they release the new AQ the big dogs, can't be reached. This was a system that worked well for them pre 12.0. Big dogs spend, and they needed to keep that gap as many weren't happy that some of these mid tier alliances were coming closer to them in prestige and in a few cases sneaking into those top rewards. The game isn't stale, but it's not exciting. Many alliance looking at the rewards are saying it's not even worth the items, when they can stay in plat 3 or gold 1with minimal cost. Why push when you get more rewards in the monthly quest with zero cost.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Still too much cheating.
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Porky_Ca wrote: »
    What should they add or take out of it ??? Share your comments and lets chat over this subject.

are you bored? may i suggest you reconnect with your loved ones.
    im sure they miss you.
  • MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    I felt fine about it until I woke up today and found us dropped to t4 and g1(almost g2). They have this mode that encourages item use. Then they hit you for violating some unknown rule and don't tell you who did what. So we cannot address it.
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    Mahvel wrote: »
    I felt fine about it until I woke up today and found us dropped to t4 and g1(almost g2). They have this mode that encourages item use. Then they hit you for violating some unknown rule and don't tell you who did what. So we cannot address it.

just checked who hasnt logged in tomorrow.
    and it sucks bro. sorry
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Not fun anymore with the new nodes. I like a little boost to the challenge, but some of them are crazy.

And deducting war rating from cheating alliances hurts those below them is bad because an ally in a lower bracket will have to face them and lose.
  • What is going on with the maintenance. We cant play war. Fixed kabam. Right now we can play the game but no war. Why?
  • BXBombaz197BXBombaz197 Posts: 57
    I don't have a real problem with war. I wouldn't mind them getting rid of the timer for one season though. Node up the paths and let the alliances pull together all at once to try and defeat each other presumably at the same time. No waiting required if necessary.
  • DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    There is undoubtedly a lot of poisonous behavior going on in the upper tiers of alliance war. It is generally the nature of mankind to fight tooth and nail for the highest position, the greatest power, and the most rewards. This fact alone wouldn't necessarily make AW a bad mode of gameplay, but the issues arise when inequity outside of the game (i.e. money) manifests itself inside the game.

I believe there is a rather simple solution to this issue, though: 0 item use allowed in AW . Now, this may stand in opposition to Kabam's #1 priority but it would cause AW to become a test of an alliance's skills, intelligence, and cooperativeness rather than a test of who has the deepest wallets.

I think such a change would be incredibly beneficial to the game and would allow players to put their money towards building their teams and advancing their account rather than winning wars.

TL;DR: 0 item use in war = more enjoyable & competitive game
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    DareDvlDan wrote: »
    There is undoubtedly a lot of poisonous behavior going on in the upper tiers of alliance war. It is generally the nature of mankind to fight tooth and nail for the highest position, the greatest power, and the most rewards. This fact alone wouldn't necessarily make AW a bad mode of gameplay, but the issues arise when inequity outside of the game (i.e. money) manifests itself inside the game.

I believe there is a rather simple solution to this issue, though: 0 item use allowed in AW . Now, this may stand in opposition to Kabam's #1 priority but it would cause AW to become a test of an alliance's skills, intelligence, and cooperativeness rather than a test of who has the deepest wallets.

I think such a change would be incredibly beneficial to the game and would allow players to put their money towards building their teams and advancing their account rather than winning wars.

TL;DR: 0 item use in war = more enjoyable & competitive game

Wouldn't help. Too much cheating and piloting still happening. This would just make it easier on those that cheat.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    There are various reasons why people pilot, I had to play for my brothers account when he had a stroke until he recovered enough to play, so essentially I had two accounts for months. By Kabam's rules, that's cheating and that's not right. I think intent is crucial to when people do things like piloting which is hard for Kabam to decipher but they could at least make the investigative process more transparent and allow the accused to actually speak about what they are doing.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Never tried it, never will. Some people say that's the right way to go.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Alliance war used to be one of my favorite things about this game. I've played since almost the beginning of the launch of MCoC, and remember both set ups for reference. I used to love learning about each node and how they changed in the tier you were in (tbf which is the same still) and which defenders were best on each node. We spent so much time doing this and strategy on which paths we should take to get the best exploration and the most kills, and even when most of my current alliance was with us and rated around 6-7 million, we were usually in tier 7-5 or so.

Then Kabam decided things needed a shake up, and everything changed. We tried our best to be patient and be open to the new map and nodes, and we actually all agreed it was probably time for some change in that game mode. But the map seemed like a mess and not very well designed overall, the nodes were so weak and different from every previous set up and the initial rollout was just a huge mess. It seemed like every other week and especially with each update, something different was changed. Then diversity entered the equation. It would have seemed at the time like those in charge of doing this needed a part time job just to keep up and make spreadsheets and plan everyone's rosters, and it was introduced so quickly that people didn't have time to rank up the champs they needed. The whole map just seemed so strange and weak and every war both sides were getting 100% exploration, easily and with few kills until the end. What made the previous build so much fun was completely taken out of the equation, we felt.

Change after change after change led to our group sliding down in tiers to a level we hadn't seen in over a year, and this was at the same time our overall rating was actually going UP and well as our skill level and rosters. We went from running map 4 to map 5x5 in AQ at the same time, so it was very strange to be succeeding and progressing in every other area of the game as a group, while at the same time struggling so much in war. The matchups were so bad and we kept getting death matches every war, because either higher groups were sliding down as well, or they just had given up and wanted to jump down in difficulty. This was all BEFORE the seasons were introduced.

Once that happened, it seemed not only our group but MANY others were forced to become so incredibly competitive and cutthroat about recruiting and ranking champs, that it took any last bit of fun or care out of the game mode. We started to put all of our focus and energy into AQ and just basically took what we could out of war, win or lose. I think now we made the right decision in retrospect, as many groups and friends I had in the game who were in higher tier alliances just ended up hating it or they completely dissolved due to the burnout and turnover. it wasn't about fun and friendship in your group, and there was literally no room for error due to the way Kabam designed the points and the maps - every group must complete every path 100% no matter what, you pay if you don't have the items you needed to get it down, and if you died more than a few times or less you needed to go. One look at the recruiting forums at any point would confirm this level of turmoil and turnover at a rate I hadn't seen before in the game.

They even tried to address it in a botched rollback of diversity, after so many groups had ranked champs they would only use on war defense, and got a ton of pushback for it immediately. Every update there seem to be new changes to make it harder now, and then they suddenly tell us that it's supposedly not the intention to complete the maps 100%. This goes against every concept of gaming and the history of this mode in the game itself and makes no sense on its face looking logically at how players want to do content. I don't know if this was someone speaking out of turn and it's been quiet on that front every since due to that getting pushback as well, but I know this - I think this is still a very broken game mechanic as a whole, and I'm not sure what the answer is. I liked it before, and we hate it now. We don't care if we're in gold 3 at tier 11 or 12 and my group is almost 13 million rated. We have fun still and advance and the rewards are ok, but not enough to justify turning into a crazed group of jerks who boot people for one mistake or a bad fight. And I don't know if that was the intent on Kabam's part but this sentiment isn't alone. Many people in the top groups have shed much light on how this mode is all over the place and has turned into a completely different beast, and it seems just on a train headed for a crash sometime. The scandal with the piloting and people paying others to run things for them and stay on top made it seem like even playing this FAIRLY wasn't an option if you wanted to advance, so every group under had no reason to even try. Until they take another serious look at everything and make it some similar resemblance to it's former fun build in the game, I will accept where we are and watch as the rest struggle to keep up and fight amongst themselves. That's never what I got into this game for and I am happy to win or lose, which doesn't seem like a sustaining strategy for such a big part of the game on Kabam's part. I think they need to really look at this top to bottom again.

sb1bo5g2kk7h.gif
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Rotating war maps and faction based fighting in battle groups would be something cool to add to the game.

For the record I only play once a month now and only log in on Sundays. I’m hoping they overhaul the game because in its current state it’s pretty stale and monotonous.
  • RaoulDuke420RaoulDuke420 Posts: 31
    Went pretty hard at it for seasons 1 and 2 but I felt that unless you were in the gold 1 platinum range it really wasn’t worth the effort and frustration. Alliance at the time at its peak around war tier 5. Achieved gold 2 for season 2 and felt like gold 1 and platinum was beyond me. I prefer AQ and EQ now mostly couple wars here and there. That’s it.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Porky_Ca wrote: »

Dear Porky,

Using all caps in the titles of every thread you start won't make you a forum celebrity so please stop. Thanks,

Love, Everyone
  • RaoulDuke420RaoulDuke420 Posts: 31
    Alliance war used to be one of my favorite things about this game. I've played since almost the beginning of the launch of MCoC, and remember both set ups for reference. I used to love learning about each node and how they changed in the tier you were in (tbf which is the same still) and which defenders were best on each node. We spent so much time doing this and strategy on which paths we should take to get the best exploration and the most kills, and even when most of my current alliance was with us and rated around 6-7 million, we were usually in tier 7-5 or so.

Then Kabam decided things needed a shake up, and everything changed. We tried our best to be patient and be open to the new map and nodes, and we actually all agreed it was probably time for some change in that game mode. But the map seemed like a mess and not very well designed overall, the nodes were so weak and different from every previous set up and the initial rollout was just a huge mess. It seemed like every other week and especially with each update, something different was changed. Then diversity entered the equation. It would have seemed at the time like those in charge of doing this needed a part time job just to keep up and make spreadsheets and plan everyone's rosters, and it was introduced so quickly that people didn't have time to rank up the champs they needed. The whole map just seemed so strange and weak and every war both sides were getting 100% exploration, easily and with few kills until the end. What made the previous build so much fun was completely taken out of the equation, we felt.

Change after change after change led to our group sliding down in tiers to a level we hadn't seen in over a year, and this was at the same time our overall rating was actually going UP and well as our skill level and rosters. We went from running map 4 to map 5x5 in AQ at the same time, so it was very strange to be succeeding and progressing in every other area of the game as a group, while at the same time struggling so much in war. The matchups were so bad and we kept getting death matches every war, because either higher groups were sliding down as well, or they just had given up and wanted to jump down in difficulty. This was all BEFORE the seasons were introduced.

Once that happened, it seemed not only our group but MANY others were forced to become so incredibly competitive and cutthroat about recruiting and ranking champs, that it took any last bit of fun or care out of the game mode. We started to put all of our focus and energy into AQ and just basically took what we could out of war, win or lose. I think now we made the right decision in retrospect, as many groups and friends I had in the game who were in higher tier alliances just ended up hating it or they completely dissolved due to the burnout and turnover. it wasn't about fun and friendship in your group, and there was literally no room for error due to the way Kabam designed the points and the maps - every group must complete every path 100% no matter what, you pay if you don't have the items you needed to get it down, and if you died more than a few times or less you needed to go. One look at the recruiting forums at any point would confirm this level of turmoil and turnover at a rate I hadn't seen before in the game.

They even tried to address it in a botched rollback of diversity, after so many groups had ranked champs they would only use on war defense, and got a ton of pushback for it immediately. Every update there seem to be new changes to make it harder now, and then they suddenly tell us that it's supposedly not the intention to complete the maps 100%. This goes against every concept of gaming and the history of this mode in the game itself and makes no sense on its face looking logically at how players want to do content. I don't know if this was someone speaking out of turn and it's been quiet on that front every since due to that getting pushback as well, but I know this - I think this is still a very broken game mechanic as a whole, and I'm not sure what the answer is. I liked it before, and we hate it now. We don't care if we're in gold 3 at tier 11 or 12 and my group is almost 13 million rated. We have fun still and advance and the rewards are ok, but not enough to justify turning into a crazed group of jerks who boot people for one mistake or a bad fight. And I don't know if that was the intent on Kabam's part but this sentiment isn't alone. Many people in the top groups have shed much light on how this mode is all over the place and has turned into a completely different beast, and it seems just on a train headed for a crash sometime. The scandal with the piloting and people paying others to run things for them and stay on top made it seem like even playing this FAIRLY wasn't an option if you wanted to advance, so every group under had no reason to even try. Until they take another serious look at everything and make it some similar resemblance to it's former fun build in the game, I will accept where we are and watch as the rest struggle to keep up and fight amongst themselves. That's never what I got into this game for and I am happy to win or lose, which doesn't seem like a sustaining strategy for such a big part of the game on Kabam's part. I think they need to really look at this top to bottom again.

Hit the nail on the head with this 1!
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I hate the current war state. Some of the blame is on the community putting so much emphasis on winning wars. You will lose out in rewards but they aren't big differences from tier to tier (season or solo). I disagree that 100% should be the norm, that puts much more pressure on lines that are more difficult while those on easy paths can coast. IMO, alliances should hold on non-essential paths to have more backups instead of expecting players to push/pay through beating a bad matchup or a fight they don't have a counter against. Most alliances run 9 paths so they can 100% and with all the difficult nodes added it leaves little flexibility (you can still 100% if everyone clears also). I don't agree with how kabaam is going about this either, they shouldnt have made the already difficult paths more difficult. They should have increased difficulty on some of the easier paths. And just like the switch of path 29 and 30, the non essential paths should be more difficult and considered bonus exploration. This season does seem like the mania has reduced so hopefully people are becoming more level headed towards war.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    edited August 2018
    It's the cash cow so Kabam will invest heavily in it to keep it from getting as stale as AQ has become.

I find it to be meh. I could live without it but the shards are nice. Seasons are still a bit long but I'm glad they're at least shorter.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The title of this post needs to use its inside voice
  • Porky_CaPorky_Ca Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    Jamiefyffe16 Posts: 84 August 8
    From what I can see in plat 3 people are dying almost twice as much as last season. It makes me want to vomit knowing they are making twice the money and didn’t touch the rewards.

*** The AW rewards do need a upgrade for sure we work to hard sometimes to get a little bit of just plain nothing when it's over with...... kudo's for that viewpoint.....and lest see will this improve by next season fingers crossed ***
  • Porky_CaPorky_Ca Posts: 72
    Thanks for the comments Season 3 is turning out to be as lame as season 2.

will season 4 get any better ??? .......we'll see :*:*