**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected Hydra Adaptoid

TheDonutShopTheDonutShop Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in Strategy and Tips
So the only thing I have seen clear this pain boss is a 5* Ronan seatin used which took nearly 300 hits. I do not have a 5* or 4* Ronan so anyone have any other choices, I blew 10$ on revives using voodoo and didnt even touch 50%. This boss is a joke unblockable unstoppable specials with heavy 10k regen every 15 seconds, and then unblockable finale?? Like jeez money boss??

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Modok has helped me a bit but it is a pain. I tat buy some units this month. Thanks for showing you guys at kabam are greedy
  • HITMAN4REAPER1_HITMAN4REAPER1_ Posts: 16
    edited August 2018
    Yah infinity Thanos was [removed by moderation]. These are cake. Use a 3* or 4* Ronan. Everyone should have those. 10 hours into the event and guys are crying already lol
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • tuposacptuposacp Posts: 165
    Psyloke!!! No power then no special, no special then no unblockable! Cheers!
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    clear rol, and waste a gem on ronan, isi pisi
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    clear rol, and waste a gem on ronan, isi pisi

lemon sqweze
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    phiguy721 wrote: »
    You're absolutely right. It's nothing but a cash grab. Anyone saying, "you just need X champ to get it done" is missing the point, which is: there's difficult fights like Heimdall, and then there's straight up b.s. fights like this stupid adaptoid. If you need a specific champ to beat him, that's the definition of a cash grab because how are you going to get said champ without spending?

Like they said above: you can't complain about not having Ronan. He's there, waiting at the end of RoL. Go get him. Awaken him with a gem - he's worth it. He's ridiculously underrated; especially against buff-heavy boss-types. He'll be a legend against Red Skull (starts with 5 buffs? Love it!) Not great against stun-immunes; but you can't have everything.

https://youtu.be/m336kY4kVXw
    BTW, I like the Psylocke suggestion, too.
  • Mustard_TigerMustard_Tiger Posts: 21
    If you are worried about the unblockable evades, they are basically the same as Ironman. Use a Classic DD duped and you won't have to worry about evading and can concentrate on the fight tactics. But I agree that it's a total cash grab. The last 2 months were much easier than this one.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Just use 2 star or 3 star Ronan
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    I didn’t even know this boss was hard. I threw down my Medusa cause I saw it was a tech champ and got by it easy peasy. Then I tried other champs only to find out he’s a nightmare.

Btw nebula also works astonishingly well.
  • Beewee wrote: »
    I didn’t even know this boss was hard. I threw down my Medusa cause I saw it was a tech champ and got by it easy peasy. Then I tried other champs only to find out he’s a nightmare.

Btw nebula also works astonishingly well.

yup, she was my MVP on this fight, with the help of Proxima synergy.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I used a 3* Ronan. Once you evade his first attack, go on the sp 1 stun lock and go to town. It was so much easier that way.

I've heard of people beating him with Meds, Psyloke, Majik, but I didn't want to use a 2*, although it can be done.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    edited August 2018
    Also Magik and Void, either unduped works. Yondu spamming L1's... Pun 2099 has auto heal block on regen buffs.
    Also I used Stark to just out damage the regen and power drain where I could.
  • RaoulDuke420RaoulDuke420 Posts: 31
    I don’t understand how people are able to do it with a 3* ronin. I can parry maybe 1 time and then I get smoked unless I intercept. I can’t even get to his first special.
  • RaoulDuke420RaoulDuke420 Posts: 31
    Guess I won’t be completing this months uncollected then
  • Best champ against him is awaken Guillotine. Connect her SA2, and opponents regen will become degen. Second best choise is Vision and Venompool. Their SA2 will give heal block debuff. If all fails, use awaken Starlord and keep your combo streak intact. Doctor octo will also become helpfull. You can use awaken Falcon and Crossbones, use locked on to block any defensive ability.
  • sy_17sy_17 Posts: 53
    this is so true it’s really aggravating i’ve avoided completely exploring it because of this
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    edited August 2018
    You guys forget about Captain America Infinity War. I was able to beat master Hydra adaptoid very easily, since Cap neutralizes the unstoppable buff that’s one less obstacle you have to worry about...for some strange reason he can’t neutralize unstoppable on uncollected...
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I soloed him a few times but when I died when he was unblockable... Best was to quit. He was impossible to kill with his God-like interceptions.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Ronan is the most reliable answer. Failing that, Magik can do some work as can Blade or Medusa. Heal block champs are also useful, although you need to settle in for a longer fight of bait and evade.

Which gets me to my main issue. My problem is not with the design of the Adaptoid, but rather with how he interacts with what are becoming increasingly shoddy and unreliable game controls. Ten straight swipe back evades of his IM Sp1 and suddenly Magik’s swipe back inexplicably fails to work...frame drop right as Ronan goes to parry and start a Sp1 chain stun...drop the Sp1 from Ronan mid-combo (3, 4 or 5-hit) and the Adaptoid randomly blocks it.

In a game that often requires pinpoint control and rapid responses, you’ve got to do better, Kabam. Many of us are willing to pay decent money for a game that’s challenging, fun and engaging, but not for these third-rate game mechanics.

Dr. Zola
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    phiguy721 wrote: »
    You're absolutely right. It's nothing but a cash grab. Anyone saying, "you just need X champ to get it done" is missing the point, which is: there's difficult fights like Heimdall, and then there's straight up b.s. fights like this stupid adaptoid. If you need a specific champ to beat him, that's the definition of a cash grab because how are you going to get said champ without spending?

The biggest cash grab was the the infinity thanos

Infinity Thanos was a lot of fun and the most interactive fight they’ve had. Think I used 100-200 units for Uncollected Thanos and didn’t mind one bit because it was a fun fight.

Not everyone is supposed to be able to complete Uncollected or master. If you dont have the right champs then wait till next month.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    If a 4* or 5* Ronan is taking over 300 hits, he wasn't rank up. I used a 3* and did it in about 350-400 hits every time. And Red Skull takes about half that many. It's really not hard at all with an awakened Ronan. And if you don't have a 3* awakened Ronan you probably aren't ready for Uncollected.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I don’t understand how people are able to do it with a 3* ronin. I can parry maybe 1 time and then I get smoked unless I intercept. I can’t even get to his first special.

You don't really have to intercept. Just evade the special 1 and wait out the unstoppable. It's really not too bad. As long as you get Ronan to his L1 you are golden.

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    You guys forget about Captain America Infinity War. I was able to beat master Hydra adaptoid very easily, since Cap neutralizes the unstoppable buff that’s one less obstacle you have to worry about...for some strange reason he can’t neutralize unstoppable on uncollected...

He can only nullify the unstoppable buff if he's kinetically charged, so maybe that's why it didn't work
    Chuck a parry first and then try again, it should work
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    I really hope people still aren't complaining about this; or even worse, have given up.

Ronan 3 Star = Get one Special Attack 1 and you will get to 300 hits
    Medusa UNDUPED = Lay a 5 Combo and use your Special Attack 1 to get armor shatter and because it's a robot it nullifies all of it's power gain, so you can just keep him in a corner and go nuts.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    What makes this quest and quest boss frustrating and infuriating is the trickiness of the buffs. First you gotta be on your toes for unblockable, which is btw procs more often due to the power gain buff. Then you gotta watch out for the unstoppable. Then the AI speed gets clips you coz the heavies come in a split sec. when unblockable finale comes, the boss gets super aggressive. At that point, you are so stressed out that you forget to intercept or cant dash back far enough coz the boss has greater reach.

There’s a thin line between a hard fight and a bs fight. Thise who say improve our gameplay, good for you, coz you finished it. But for those of us who are not as good, i guess we’ll just choose our battles. In this case, we will run this once but fully explore? Nuh uh. Not today, satan. Rather, kabam.