**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Don't give us compensation give us a stable game

Don't give us compensation give us a stable game 72 votes

Give us compensation every time!
41% 30 votes
Give us compensation only when the game is down for extended periods
26% 19 votes
Don't waste time working out compensation, just concentrate on fixing the problems!
31% 23 votes

Comments

• beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I think a compensation every time would keep players happy at least.
  • MfallsMfalls Posts: 94
    These shouldn’t be mutually exclusive, they should fix their servers and they should compensate the player base (customers) when their product under performs, well that’s if they want to keep people spending. If they don’t care about keeping customers happy and spending money then by all means disregard how the customer feels, and continue on course.
  • smeghead169smeghead169 Posts: 29
    Mfalls wrote: »
    These shouldn’t be mutually exclusive, they should fix their servers and they should compensate the player base (customers) when their product under performs, well that’s if they want to keep people spending. If they don’t care about keeping customers happy and spending money then by all means disregard how the customer feels, and continue on course.

My point is that when we had the ridiculously long outage a while ago, we got told they were taking a few days to work out appropriate compensation based on how different players were affected. If they had spent those days getting to the root of the problem maybe we wouldn't be having as many problems now!
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    Any player base in any game has to deal with problems and outages. When a player no longer enjoys the game enough to deal with such problems and outages, they quit. Compensation says to the player base “we understand how frustrating this is, we have fixed or are trying to fix the problem, please bear with us (and don’t quit) while we work to make the game better”. No one is entitled to compensation, no one deserves compensation... it is a public relations strategy to prevent players from leaving.

Imajor ssues like phones overheating last month cause players to be unable to participate in (sometimes new) content, and therefore make them more likely to leave. There was a compensation package last month, though I believe that was for some specific outages. I understand that the overheating issue may not be fully resolved, but even a small package of a few energy refills and some other small things with the message “we know this has been an issue, we will evaluate additional compensation when it’s fixed” would go a long way (since they have stated there will be compensation for that issue)... the same is true of these outages. If there’s an outage a week, and it’s fixed reasonably quickly, nbd... but the persistent problem we’ve been having lately is the kind of problem that can drive players away. We know Kabam is working on it, but a token compensation in the meantime would go a long way towards the good will of the player base in the meantime
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Well, less players = less server problems
  • Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    This poll is pointless because
    a) you dont get a compensatin every time
    b) you dont get a compensation when server is down for an extended period
    c) you dont have a stable game
    d) the obvious choice for Kabam and the players is to have a stable game, but you can't choose anyway.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

My point is that when we had the ridiculously long outage a while ago, we got told they were taking a few days to work out appropriate compensation based on how different players were affected. If they had spent those days getting to the root of the problem maybe we wouldn't be having as many problems now!

The dev team that developed and maintains the backend infrastructure of the game shouldn't be the same people that determine the compensation. It should be two separate teams that only sometimes if ever communicate with one another. As such, I don't think adjusting the time coming up with compensation affects the length of downtime or that it's taking away from fixing anything in the game.

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Any time the game goes down, the length of downtime needs to be added back to all modes affected. If it goes down for an hour during AQ, add an hour to the last day of AQ, give teams a chance to make up lost points if they couldn't finish due to maintanence. Same for war, add time to attack phase if we lose time during it. Some of us have jobs and have certain times we can take breaks to log in; if game is down it screws us over as far as moves are concerned. Otherwise allow officers to have access to AQ or AW teams to move them up only if a player hasn't logged in for 5 hours and maintenance has occurred during that time period. I'm not advocating piloting, just a suggestion to help out when the game goes down during alliance events and would otherwise cost completion.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    The issue is the game team is working from such a deficit of goodwill that even the slightest disruption throws the community into a lather. “Having conversations” is looking like Kabam-ese for “we are hoping everyone forgets how poorly our game has performed.”

If there had been some effort at apology—and by that I don’t mean the rote “we understand how frustrating it is” posts—things could have started to progress, even if there was overall dissatisfaction with the apology.

But there hasn’t been, and while the issue hasn’t been 100% fixed, it seems odd to wait until every single permutation of an issue is resolved.

Dr. Zola