**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Targetted Accounts for [Removed by Mod] champs Award

Haji_CharliHaji_Charli Posts: 5
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
It is really sad and annoying to see a reward that is just exhausting. I mean literally, people get Champs from Featured crystals for mere one crystal, and damn it Kabam can’t give the same champ in 11 crystals?

People who get great champs continue to get awarded got tiers, and those who aren’t getting any will continue on getting [Removed by Mod] champs.

Someone who got only 3 Five Stars and some noob tier, get duped again and again, and someone who might have more than 20 god tiers keeps on getting new god tiers.

Algorithm keeps on banging those who don’t have good champs. It really sucks.
Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• Haji_CharliHaji_Charli Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    No man, I am talking about two Accounts, both don’t use money or dollars, but this Algorithm is [Removed by Mod]. It just tags some accounts who it won’t award good champs.

I’m always being [Removed by Mod] when it comes to God Tier or Five Stars, but my brother gets all the New and God Tier Champs, both, Four Star and Five Star.

It just sucks.
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    There will always be a hierarchy of champs in any game. The key is to not have content tied to specific champs or a specific kind of champ. But they don’t do that. Some content is beatable easily with certain champs or, failing that, with a lot of resources. And that’s not good game balance.

It does tend to sell a lot of crystals though...

Dr. Zola
  • NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    While they claim the spins are random and every crystal outcome is by chance, it does seem oddly strange that similar champs come out to multiple members in the same alliance. You do get the occasional outlier, but it seems that half the pulls on the new featured that have occurred in my alliance are Loki. It could be coincidence, but I have seen this same "coincidence" happen multiple times over the course of my playing time.

Kabam is clearly quite happy with their current model, 2 new champs every month, the new systems for said champs in place to clearly favor the AI(while I am all for an increase in challenge, the content lately seems more annoying/tedious than challenging), all while leaving the existing game problems and old champs alone, clogging up our chances of improving our rosters.
    As long as people keep throwing money at them and they remain a top revenue generating app, there is zero reason to change from this model.
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Narcuul wrote: »
    While they claim the spins are random and every crystal outcome is by chance, it does seem oddly strange that similar champs come out to multiple members in the same alliance. You do get the occasional outlier, but it seems that half the pulls on the new featured that have occurred in my alliance are Loki. It could be coincidence, but I have seen this same "coincidence" happen multiple times over the course of my playing time.

Kabam is clearly quite happy with their current model, 2 new champs every month, the new systems for said champs in place to clearly favor the AI(while I am all for an increase in challenge, the content lately seems more annoying/tedious than challenging), all while leaving the existing game problems and old champs alone, clogging up our chances of improving our rosters.
    As long as people keep throwing money at them and they remain a top revenue generating app, there is zero reason to change from this model.

I can concur the first 3 pulls in my alliance within the first 10 minutes were Loki's, I waited a half hour or so and got Massacre, then later people were pulling Corvus, IMIW, Wasp.
    I've had a crazy conspiracy theory for a while that maybe the time in which you open crystals has something to do with RNG also.

I have a friend who's played the game for about 1.5 years compared to my 3, we were in the same alliance. Also his roster is half the size of mine his 5 pulls are Blade, sparky, SL, void, GR, Medusa. I've yet to this day received a blade and I've had more crystal openings than him. It's that RNG, in reverse I have a friend who's 1/300 lifetime in getting a new champ out of the Featured 5* crystals and FGMC. It can get frustrating and make it seem like some accounts are just programmed to have better luck than others. None of this can be proven though lol.
  • SagetrofholzSagetrofholz Posts: 125
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    With you man, my ally is absolutely crushing the featured while I keep with the same junk over and over. The game is a blast but end game progress is tied too closely to rng. I'm giving it a couple more tries then finding a new way to kill free time if 5* luck doesn't turn around. Like I said gameplay is great, team atmosphere in allys is awesome, grinding 5* shards over months of time just to run in place with garbage champs is too much to deal with anymore.

Have seen 3 Domino, 2 Wasp, Corvus, Magik and AA pulled from featured and i get Hulk, who while a good champ needs his dupe and I have at 5/50 near max sig making my 4* better than my 5* for the foreseeable future. Its funny because I'd probably spend a lot more on crystals etc if I thought I had an actual chance of getting a champ I want instead of another Howard dupe.

I'm right there with you I just finally got a 4* ghost rider and took him to 5/50 and of course I pull a 5* GR in the featured crystal, I wanted to throw my phone out the window. The same exact thing has also happened with my Hawkeye and gwenpool with the basic 5*
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    There will always be a hierarchy of champs in any game. The key is to not have content tied to specific champs or a specific kind of champ. But they don’t do that. Some content is beatable easily with certain champs or, failing that, with a lot of resources. And that’s not good game balance.

It does tend to sell a lot of crystals though...

Dr. Zola

But the heirarchy should a) close knit and b) champs on lower hierarchy standing should occupy a niche e.g. Loki.

Colossus and KK etc fails both these conditions. The bad champs have absolutely no comparison with the top champs.

This is correct. And it is a significant issue with the game: the difference between winners and losers on crystal drops is vast, putting players at the mercy of RNG.

In the past, effort could control for this somewhat through the 4* basic arena. But unlike the 4* basic from a year ago, 5*’s via arena are non-starters for most players even with significant expenditure of resources. The going prize is shards...which equals a fraction of a chance to roll the RNG dice again.

I’ve always wondered whether the true randomness of crystal drops was ever audited or tested by the game team. This isn’t a conspiracy post—I don’t doubt that there is randomness in the loot box mechanism. But over a large number of pulls, does someone check to make sure that the results actually appear “random”? Does anyone evaluate whether the RNG engine is in fact working?

That’s a ways from the original point. Champs need to be useful. Many aren’t, and that’s not just spoiled player talk. Players are almost entirely dependent on RNG to pull champs. Pulling useless champs leads to dissatisfaction with the game. Dissatisfaction leads to...well, you get my point.

Dr. Zola
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Posts: 101
    I've spun 7 current 5* feature crystals and pulled 2x Loki, 2x Ultron, 2x WS and 1x Hulk.. 105k shards for Jack.. I opened 1 6* feature and pulled Domino. RNG, nothing else